H9s showing serial number vs name in Control app on Android

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9s showing serial number vs name in Control app on Android

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month, 1 week ago by bohan
    Eventide Staff
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      axman53
      Participant

I’ve been happily using two H9s on my board and controlling them live using an Android tablet with the H9 Control app. One of the first things I did several months ago was to enter a name for the H9s so they would show on the left nav of the Control app with names instead of their serial numbers. This worked great for months. And then, one day recently, for no apparant reason, both H9s are displaying with their serial numbers instead of the names I configured. In the app, when I look at the device parameters, the names I entered are still there, but they no longer display under the H9 devices. I’d like to get my display names back. Thanks for any instructions.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Are the Bluetooth names you set on the pedal still the same (Press Hotknob and Right FSW -> Blue -> Name)?

Not sure what went wrong. Try to reset the app (Settings->Reset all settings) and reconnect to both pedals.

axman53
      Participant

Are the Bluetooth names you set on the pedal still the same (Press Hotknob and Right FSW -> Blue -> Name)? Not sure what went wrong. Try to reset the app (Settings->Reset all settings) and reconnect to both pedals.

Yes, Bluetooth names are there. If I reset the app, will I lose anything?

bohan
        Eventide Staff

No. Resetting the settings in the app won’t lose you anything (but resetting the pedal would).

axman53
      Participant

No. Resetting the settings in the app won’t lose you anything (but resetting the pedal would).

OK, that did not fix it. Interestingly, when the “Connecting” dialog displays when the app first starts, the bluetooth names show: TIME connecting; MOD connecting. But in the left nav the serial numbers only. Any other ideas?

bohan
        Eventide Staff

I think that is by design. What do they show as at the top bar in the app window?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.