H9s showing serial number vs name in Control app on Android

Home Forums Products Stompboxes H9s showing serial number vs name in Control app on Android

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      axman53
      Participant

I’ve been happily using two H9s on my board and controlling them live using an Android tablet with the H9 Control app. One of the first things I did several months ago was to enter a name for the H9s so they would show on the left nav of the Control app with names instead of their serial numbers. This worked great for months. And then, one day recently, for no apparant reason, both H9s are displaying with their serial numbers instead of the names I configured. In the app, when I look at the device parameters, the names I entered are still there, but they no longer display under the H9 devices. I’d like to get my display names back. Thanks for any instructions.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Are the Bluetooth names you set on the pedal still the same (Press Hotknob and Right FSW -> Blue -> Name)?

Not sure what went wrong. Try to reset the app (Settings->Reset all settings) and reconnect to both pedals.

axman53
      Participant

Are the Bluetooth names you set on the pedal still the same (Press Hotknob and Right FSW -> Blue -> Name)? Not sure what went wrong. Try to reset the app (Settings->Reset all settings) and reconnect to both pedals.

Yes, Bluetooth names are there. If I reset the app, will I lose anything?

bohan
        Eventide Staff

No. Resetting the settings in the app won’t lose you anything (but resetting the pedal would).

axman53
      Participant

No. Resetting the settings in the app won’t lose you anything (but resetting the pedal would).

OK, that did not fix it. Interestingly, when the “Connecting” dialog displays when the app first starts, the bluetooth names show: TIME connecting; MOD connecting. But in the left nav the serial numbers only. Any other ideas?

bohan
        Eventide Staff

I think that is by design. What do they show as at the top bar in the app window?

axman53
      Participant

I think that is by design. What do they show as at the top bar in the app window?

The top bar shows the serial numbers as well. What does that tell us?

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Can you take some screenshots?

Where did you set the names of your H9s? I think the names should show in the Bluetooth connection dialog when you connect to them.

axman53
      Participant

Screenshots you say? Here you go…

20221006_16012120221006_160130

axman53
      Participant

Is there anybody out there…? Any comments on the screenshots?

bohan
        Eventide Staff

The screenshots look correct. When you connect to them, you see their Bluetooth names in the connection window. In H9 Control Presets/Preset Lists views, serial numbers are displayed.

axman53
        Participant

The screenshots look correct. When you connect to them, you see their Bluetooth names in the connection window. In H9 Control Presets/Preset Lists views, serial numbers are displayed.

So, I’m imagining things that for the past few years the names have always appeared, not the serial numbers? And what is the point of having the ability to assign a friendly name to a device and have it show only when connecting and not in the app where you really need them?

bohan
        Eventide Staff

That setting is for changing the Bluetooth name. The purpose is for you to recognize your H9s when you connect to them, or to not allow other people to see the S/Ns of your devices.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.