Half Bushel of Peach Presets

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Half Bushel of Peach Presets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      brock
      Participant

50 additional ser presets for the new PitchFuzz algorithm, in a Preset List container.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vor7pztk3xcm63l/Half%20Bushel%20Of%20Peach%20Presets.h9z?raw=1

Drag ‘n’ drop over H9 Control 2.8.1.  Any similarities to [F]actory presets is purely coincidental ( I never touch included presets until well after I’ve explored the new interface.  No preconceptions. )  Of course, gain-staging is Audio 101.  I’ve zeroed the Output Level in each preset here.  Tweak levels to your own system setup.

Every preset (except #50) includes integrated expression pedal control.  All HotSwitch mappings were removed.

Half Bushel Preset List:

1. Riff Rock Layers
      2. Pinch Harmonics
      3. Organ Donor Card
      4. Quadra-Track DRV
      5. Machine Gun + EQ
      6. MGModular Tarkus
      7. Pedal + Sequence
      8. Golden Ambiences
      9. Jazz 7th Chords
      10. Storm Drain Clog
      11. Touch Of Octaves
      12. Off Green Ringer
      13. Swirl & Harmonic
      14. Burrowing Basses
      15. Four Oscillators
      16. Devilish Tritone
      17. Brassy PWR Chord
      18. Minor 3rd & 7th
      19. Distant Rumblers
      20. Fibonacci Gold
      21. Thick & Crunchy
      22. Europa WomanTone
      23. Pizzicato Shower
      24. Down In The 4th
      25. 2X Echo Addition
      26. Major 3rd Degree
      27. Power Chord Down
      28. Multiwave Octave
      29. Slap Delay Warps
      30. LG Bottom Feeder
      31. Can Can Cleaners
      32. 05 MAR Exp Drive
      33. One Third Off
      34. Multi-Dimensions
      35. 2-Bass Diffusion
      36. Own Lonely Peach
      37. Suspend Animate
      38. HammerOn Octaves
      39. Delta Intervals
      40. Shredded ‘Schroom
      41. Blue Note Octave
      42. Stutter Express
      43. Dreams Of Tahiti
      44. Multi-Tap Panner
      45. Trailed By A 5th
      46. Hoover Bell Lead
      47. Dyad Spirographs
      48. Phase Drift Loop
      49. Higher Altitudes
      50. Zeroed PitchFuzz  [preset programming template]

maxpowersr

Thank you!

st.bede
      Participant

Thank you for shareing your presets. I can not get them to load. I draged and drop the folder onto H9 control, the H9 control opens but the presets are not there. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong? Again thank you much.

brock
        Participant
        st.bede wrote:
        … I can not get them to load. I draged and drop the folder onto H9 control, the H9 control opens but the presets are not there. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong? …

Sorry to hear about the issues.  I just tried your described method (D’n’D before opening H9 Control), and the same thing happened.  If I launch H9 Control first, then drag ‘n’ drop over the open interface, I get “One Preset List and No Presets Imported”.  The Preset List [L1000] is loaded up correctly.  This is under Windows 8.1.

Let me know if this works for you.  I could’ve sworn there was a complementary “Import” action to match the “Export Preset List” command, but apparently I haven’t had enough cafe cubano yet.

mistercharlie
      Participant

Imports just fine on iPad.

Bodde
      Participant

Thanks for sharing Brock! Can you load these as a preset list? So that they don’t show up in the algo themselves but only in a dedicated preset list?

brock
        Participant
        Bodde wrote:

Thanks for sharing Brock! Can you load these as a preset list? So that they don’t show up in the algo themselves but only in a dedicated preset list?

I did upload them as a Preset [L]ist, Bodde, and limited that [L]ist to 50 presets.  It’d be difficult for me to determine whether the individual presets are available in the algorithm itself.  Here’s why:

My process is to build each preset over time.  When I’m satisfied, the presets get loaded & arranged in a New Preset [L]ist.  So – by design – the individual presets here ‘begin life’ as a [U]ser preset, and show up in the algo.

I do know that auditioning the [L]ist will load each preset into the temporary “0” slot, and then you have to explicitly save it to a slot between 1-99 before it becomes part of your stored preset array (within the H9 pedal).

st.bede
      Participant

Thank you for the awesome presets. Some are mindblowingly hip. 🙂

brock
      Participant

That’s the coolest compliment that I’ve gotten in quite some time.  Thanks.  I tried to mix it up with some bread ‘n’ butter presets, along with the spacy ambient stuff.  There’s just so much in there to take advantage of!

If it’s feasible, try an expression pedal (or Aux switch, mapped to the expression pedal programming).  Check out the Pedal View tab to really see what goes on throughout the pedal travel.  As a rule of thumb, if a preset starts out busy and showcase-y, then the Toe position will tone it down.  Conversely, if the preset is a little mild, the Toe position slides in other components & more wildness.  Some presets will morph with more subtlety.

For example, a looping-type preset at default will continue to play back.  The Toe position of the expression pedal fades it out.  Or a favorite trick from the Diatonic algo:  delay times are changed & stuttered; depending on pedal position.  One of the more powerful targets for expression pedal is the unlikely Voices parameter; simply because of its positioning in the FX routing scheme.  PitchFuzz is a crazy-deep algorithm.

Given To Fly
        Participant
        brock wrote:

That’s the coolest compliment that I’ve gotten in quite some time.  Thanks.  I tried to mix it up with some bread ‘n’ butter presets, along with the spacy ambient stuff.  There’s just so much in there to take advantage of!

If it’s feasible, try an expression pedal (or Aux switch, mapped to the expression pedal programming).  Check out the Pedal View tab to really see what goes on throughout the pedal travel.  As a rule of thumb, if a preset starts out busy and showcase-y, then the Toe position will tone it down.  Conversely, if the preset is a little mild, the Toe position slides in other components & more wildness.  Some presets will morph with more subtlety.

For example, a looping-type preset at default will continue to play back.  The Toe position of the expression pedal fades it out.  Or a favorite trick from the Diatonic algo:  delay times are changed & stuttered; depending on pedal position.  One of the more powerful targets for expression pedal is the unlikely Voices parameter; simply because of its positioning in the FX routing scheme.  PitchFuzz is a crazy-deep algorithm.

Have you met your match, algorithmically speaking? wink

brock
        Participant
        Given To Fly wrote:

That could very well be, Mark.  I didn’t hold out much hope originally, based on the initial NAMM descriptions. But I’ve been pleasantly surprised.  The multi-FX structure is one obvious reason for the depth.  The voice & effect routings adds another level.  It’s the subtle interactions that have captured my attention lately.

For example, I’ll set up some generic gain-staging:  guitar volume & tone controls around 7-8; healthy levels using H9 Control’s meters & clip indicators.  Flip around the pickup selection, or swap out guitars with similar setups.  All of my PitchFuzz presets hold at 0 dB / unity gain now.  I’m really liking the variety that I can squeeze out, using only the on-board controls of the guitar(s).  Volume / tone are reactive for the full 0-10 range.

And there’s still the occasional Eureka! moment.  Just last night, I started exploring wet signal-only, discrete glissando pitch shifts.  Something that cropped up here on the forum, & I never followed through on it.  All algorithms benefit from expression pedal control, but this one excels at delicate ‘morphing’.

Given To Fly
        Participant
        brock wrote:

Given To Fly wrote:

That could very well be, Mark.  I didn’t hold out much hope originally, based on the initial NAMM descriptions. But I’ve been pleasantly surprised.  The multi-FX structure is one obvious reason for the depth.  The voice & effect routings adds another level.  It’s the subtle interactions that have captured my attention lately.

For example, I’ll set up some generic gain-staging:  guitar volume & tone controls around 7-8; healthy levels using H9 Control’s meters & clip indicators.  Flip around the pickup selection, or swap out guitars with similar setups.  All of my PitchFuzz presets hold at 0 dB / unity gain now.  I’m really liking the variety that I can squeeze out, using only the on-board controls of the guitar(s).  Volume / tone are reactive for the full 0-10 range.

And there’s still the occasional Eureka! moment.  Just last night, I started exploring wet signal-only, discrete glissando pitch shifts.  Something that cropped up here on the forum, & I never followed through on it.  All algorithms benefit from expression pedal control, but this one excels at delicate ‘morphing’.

Wow! That certainly is saying something! I must confess, I have not even tried the demo yet. I’ve only listened to the examples. Perhaps it is my natural dislike for peaches and fuzz pedals that it is subconsciously making PitchFuzz a non-priority for me. When that changes I’ll be sure to try out your half bushel of presets. yes

Superkike
      Participant

Muchas gracias por compartir, excelente. 

Podrías compartir algo de octaver para acompañar las lineas de solo instrumental y algunos efectos con dotted eight 8th? Estaré muy agradecido con ustde, que tenga un lindo día.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.