Harpeggiator rhythm sequences gfx

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Harpeggiator rhythm sequences gfx

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      spaceJam

Hi Eventide.

Is there a chance you can share or add to the Pitchfactor Manual the graphics for the rhythm sequences in the Harpeggiator algorithm?

One of the things I miss frrom the *Factor pedals is the dotted LED display and how you guys added the cool graphics of those sequences, wave shapes among other stuff.

Not that I can’t made my presets without those but they were pretty handy!

Thanks.

spaceJam

Bump.

If someone can send me the pics I’ll do the graphics 😉

gkellum
        Participant

We had made graphics for those a few years ago.  I'll see if I can't find them.

spaceJam

Bump.

gkellum
      Participant

Here are the sequences that we made a few years ago.  They're pretty small images.  I think at the time we planned on putting them in the H9 Control Harpeggiator UI above the Sequence and Rhythm knobs, and so we made them small to fit in the available space.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1383432/Harpeggiator_PitchSequences.zip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1383432/Harpeggiator_RhythmSequences.zip

Now, that we've dug the images up, we'll have to think about what to do with them…

spaceJam
        gkellum wrote:

Here are the sequences that we made a few years ago.  They’re pretty small images.  I think at the time we planned on putting them in the H9 Control Harpeggiator UI above the Sequence and Rhythm knobs, and so we made them small to fit in the available space.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1383432/Harpeggiator_PitchSequences.zip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1383432/Harpeggiator_RhythmSequences.zip

Now, that we’ve dug the images up, we’ll have to think about what to do with them…

Perfect! Is all I need.

I’ll make them bigger and will share back just in case someone else want them.

It would have been nice if these were imported into the H9 somehow. 

Thanks!

brock
        Participant

Many thanks to Greg and spaceJam for following through on this.  It’s a document that I’d always wanted to put together, but never seemed to budget the time for.  I had some kind of graphical reprsentation of the Effect patterns in mind as well.  I’ll try adding the ‘table’ designations to these pitch sequences, and see how that all comes out in a .pdf.

spaceJam wrote:

…Perfect! Is all I need.

I’ll make them bigger and will share back just in case someone else want them.

It would have been nice if these were imported into the H9 somehow. 

Thanks!

Maybe not on the H9, but I’m ‘seeing’ a PIP window in H9 Control.  It only pops up the appropriate pattern graphic while adjusting one of the sequence parameters, then fades out.  I don’t know how practical that would be on a small screen / iPhone, though.

gkellum
        Participant
        brock wrote:

Maybe not on the H9, but I'm 'seeing' a PIP window in H9 Control.  It only pops up the appropriate pattern graphic while adjusting one of the sequence parameters, then fades out.  I don't know how practical that would be on a small screen / iPhone, though.

Wow. I just noticed this thread. That's great spacejam!  Nice work.  

Yeah, we could certainly integrate these into H9 Control.  Part of the reason we'd never done so in the past was not really being convinced that we had the UI figured out.  But what you suggested sounds good…

spaceJam

I will leave this for future reference in case someone needs them.

If someone needs them in higher resolution I can send you the vector files in SVG format.

Rhythm Sequences:

spaceJam

Pitch Sequences:

khuko

Thank you. 

These are amazing. I could never figure out the rhythm seq on that algo.. Bookmarked 

garrica

Hi Spacejam, 

I was wondering if you could dropbox/googledrive me the (svg, ai, or any vector format) source file for the sequence images you re-created. If need be I can give you my email to sent it over too. 

Thanks!

gkellum
        Participant
        garrica wrote:

I was wondering if you could dropbox/googledrive me the (svg, ai, or any vector format) source file for the sequence images you re-created. If need be I can give you my email to sent it over too. 

Incidentally, his work has been integrated into H9 Control now so as you turn the pitch and rhythm knobs it shows the corresponding pattern image.

JCR
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

Incidentally, his work has been integrated into H9 Control now so as you turn the pitch and rhythm knobs it shows the corresponding pattern image.

H9 Control for Windows v2.7.4 does not show the mentioned images when turning the pitch and rhythm knobs, only a very small “drop” is shown. See screendump. I have circled the shown token which is shown while turning the knob. The iOS version shows the images though…

gkellum
        Participant
        JCR wrote:

H9 Control for Windows v2.7.4 does not show the mentioned images when turning the pitch and rhythm knobs, only a very small "drop" is shown. See screendump. I have circled the shown token which is shown while turning the knob. The iOS version shows the images though…

Oh wow.  Thanks for pointing that out.  We'll have to fix that…

brock
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

JCR wrote:

H9 Control for Windows v2.7.4 does not show the mentioned images when turning the pitch and rhythm knobs, only a very small “drop” is shown. See screendump. I have circled the shown token which is shown while turning the knob. The iOS version shows the images though…

Oh wow.  Thanks for pointing that out.  We’ll have to fix that…

Well now, don’t I feel foolish!  When the newest H9 Control came out, I saw those ‘pointers’ immediately.  My thoughts were:  “Not very useful.  I already know what virtual knob I’m adjusting.  Maybe this is just a building block for a future feature, or some beta residue.”  Where’s the head-slapping smiley?  enlightened

brock
      Participant

… and just like that, it’s fixed [H9 Control 2.7.8, under Win 8.1].  Thanks.

It’s the kind of useful featurette that’s a perfect match for the H9 Control app.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.