Having trouble connecting Eclipse to a Digi003 via Optical In/Outs, Advice Needed!

Home Forums Products Rackmount Having trouble connecting Eclipse to a Digi003 via Optical In/Outs, Advice Needed!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      1Badelement
      Participant
      Hey guys, Ive had an Eclipse Harmonizer in my guitar rig, finally getting around to hooking it up to my DIGI 003 Factory for use as an external reverb unit in PT 9 HD Native, running Mac OS Snow Leopard 10.6.6 btw. The Digi 003 is connected via FireWire to my IMac (I7 mid-2011).
      Anyways, Im having trouble getting the Eclipse to work/sync w/ Digi003 & PT. I connected the Digi003 to Eclipse using the 2 optical in/outs, the cables are working (red lights coming out all Optical cables and in/outs). Went into Set-Up in Eclipse and set the Digi-In/Out parameters at the bottom of this if you need to see it, I believe it is set correctly for this.
      I read in the "Getting Started DIGI 003" manual that, in Pro Tools make sure Word Clock is set to Internal when connecting an External Effects unit via Optical to the DIGI 003 (figured you would set it the Digi 003 as Master….), also set Optical Format to SP/DIF. The session is set at 48Khz. Now, on the Eclipse, the 48Khz sampling rate light is lit, as well as the External light, but in the menu settings for (CLOCK), it says WDClk

Hz, so it's not reading anything from Pro Tools. Is this b/c I haven't yet set up a bus for the SP/DIF under I/O Settings In PT? On the DIGI 003 top surface by the big LED Display, I see under SYNC there are three green LED lights for W CLK, SP/DIF, and ADAT….none are lit. Shouldn't this be getting a signal just from connecting the Eclipse and matching everything under its menus? Or does the SP/DIF bus have to be set-up in PT? I know I read somewhere that, contrary to what the DIGI003 Getting Started PDF says, the DIGI 003, NOT PT, will have to be set to Master for Word Clock settings with an outboard effects device. Does anybody here have any experience with setting all this up? Have I set it up wrong? Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much and Happy New Year!

THIS IS WHAT THE ECLIPSE PARAMETERS ARE SET TO ON THE UNIT

DIGI-IN parameters
      (Dig-In)>>Optical
      (Clock)>>WordClk

Hz
      (SR-Conversion)>>On
      (ADAT-IN)>>ADAT1/ADAT2<<<<<there is no option for "Off"
      (STATUS)>>SRC OK Con

DIG-Out parameters are below:

(1)DIGITAL FORMAT set as follows (has 4 sub-menus for it)

(Format)>>Cns (consumer)
      (Emphasis)>>Off
      (SCMS)>>Bits Out: copy OK
      (BITS)>> 24

(OPTICAL)>>ADAT (only options are ADAT & SP/DIF, SP/DIF is only 96khz
      (ADAT OUT)>>Mute (also got options of: Thru/CH 1/CH 2)
      (DITHER)>>None

According to the manual, the Eclipse should be set correctly here (I hope…)

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The fact that "clock" shows

suggests that the Eclipse is not seeing the word clock. This is most likely a cabling or termination issue beyond the wisdom of this forum.

Less likely possibilities include hardware faults on either your PT or Eclipse. 

MarcoR
      Participant

1badelement:

DIGI-IN parameters
      (Dig-In)>>Optical
      (Clock)>>WordClk

Hz
      (SR-Conversion)>>On
      (ADAT-IN)>>ADAT1/ADAT2<<<<<there is no option for "Off"
      (STATUS)>>SRC OK Con

Your clock should be set to DigIn if the DIGI 003 is the master; that's why it's not syncing.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.