Help a novice, lol? H90 not passing single unless bypassed

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Help a novice, lol? H90 not passing single unless bypassed

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      RedWing53
      Participant

Hi everyone, I updated the firmware recently…however I don’t believe this was the issue. Maybe it was…but I’m not sure.

My H90 will only pass audio when a preset is bypassed. When I turn off bypass….silence.

What stupid thing have I done? Any thoughts?

Thank you very much in advance!

RedWing53
      Participant

I should have used the term “patch” rather than preset. When I any patch (3 per program?)…no audio passes unless the patch is clicked / activated to bypass state.

Sorry for the redundancy. Just trying to better articulate with proper terminology.

RedWing53
      Participant

More accurately communicated: signal will pass when the H90 is bypassed.  No signal / sound is passed when any given program / patch is activated. This is driving me nuts. Everything, that I can recall was fine after the firmware update…and then as of this morning….this new unpleasant…but probably something super obvious…mystery is tormenting me, lol.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

brockstar
        Participant

Mine did this last night on one of my machines. Turning it off and back on fixed it for some reason.

RedWing53
      Participant

Thanks so much for hitting me back Brockstar! You’re at the heart of the Eventide ecosystem…I really appreciate all of your contributions.

I’ve tried powering off several times….recovery mode….and nothing has changed.  My H90 is essentially bricked…as far as being operational. Whether this is something self inflicted or resulting from the latest firmware update…I don’t know. What I do know….is that everything was fine for ages….I’ve changed a single setting on the H90 in many, any months….and then suddenly it will pass audio when bypassed.

Thanks again for sharing your time to help out. I’ll submit a support ticket on Monday and hopefully the McLaren of FX pedals will one day again be able to driven. 🙂

Cheers!

brockstar
        Participant

I would go ahead and submit ticket now…

But have you tried rolling back to previous firmware before update? You can do that and then see if it works, if it does then you know nothing is wrong with the pedal.

RedWing53
      Participant

Brockstar delivers again!!!!  You are the MAN, lol!

Going back to the previous firmware fixed the issues!!! Yay!

Hopefully Eventide will be able to advise me on what’s going or regarding the frimware issue….such that I can access the new presets.

In the meantime, I can practice without irritation this weekend.

Super appreciate you man!

Bill

brockstar
      Participant

Glad that worked for you… Definitely something wonky going on with this new firmware and audio.

Mine just did it again. I have 3 H90’s all updated to latest firmware and machine 1 wouldn’t play any audio again, so i turned it off and back on and now it works, weird.

Hope they figure it out and fix it soon, as I’ve seen quite a few people having similar issues with audio after updating or things acting weird.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.