Help in figuring out sound

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Help in figuring out sound

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      sic
      Participant

Hi there,

Anyone knows how to get this sound with a Modfactor and/or Timefactor? I'm talking about the piano-string like sounding thing and ambient sound which starts at 00:13. Thanks!

edmiddlebrooks
      Participant

That sound is a shimmer.  It's a comination of effects including delays, pitch shifting and very highly saturated and long decaying reverbs.  The PitchFactor can emulate this to a degree with it's crystals settings.  I do it by setting A10-B10 then A gets -2c and I adjust B from +2c for a standard delay or get the crystals going up higher, say around +720c for a higher sound.  I then set the reverb saturation to 80 and the decay to 7 seconds.  The delay time and decay are adjusted to flavor the sound. 

This still doesn't quite compare to the shimmer sound is a strymon reverberator.  This is really the sound you want.  Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmWBQgiqjtY  He doesn't really turn on the shimmer until about 10 seconds and then keeps bumping it up. 

edmiddlebrooks
      Participant

I thought I'd mention that I just saw the new Space pedal on this site.  Shimmer is actually listed as an effect type.

Room

Plate

Spring

Hall

Reverse

Shimmer

ModEchoVerb

DualVerb

Blackhole™

MangledVerb™

TremoloVerb

DynaVerb

sic
      Participant

Hey man thanks for the reply.  I was actually after getting the sounds with the Modfactor and/or Timefactor but thx just the same.

I know you can definitely nail the sound with the Pitchfactor cause those sounds are what I hear with pitch shifting sounds. And also the first few seconds in the clip is somewhat similar to a riff in a Strymon bluesky clip I came across before.

Anyone has ideas how I can get those sounds with the Time and Modfactor?

timothyhill

Hey, sic… sorry it's taken me awhile to post here. I've got a few ideas about how to at least close to this sound using only the TF & MF, but I've been rather busy lately, so I haven't quite finished with my experiments, yet. I'll post again when I have some settings in place. Maybe they'll help you dial in the sound on your rig… give me a few days, though, ok?

sic
      Participant

oh hey man thanks! will wait for it!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.