help request for a midiot! (Midi Mongoose confusion)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes help request for a midiot! (Midi Mongoose confusion)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dan Knowlton

I am loving the sounds I can get out of my H9 but want to be able to increment and decrement the algorythms that I have saved a presets.  I am TRYING to use a Tech 21 Midi Mongoose but can’t figure it out.  The H9 is the first pedal I have that is controllable by midi – I’m totally confused.

Has anyone been successful on this?  And, if so, can you guide a midiot in how to do it?  

Dan K.  

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – don't really understand what exactly you are trying to do..

If what you mean is to step through the presets, you need to send MIDI Program Change to do this. If Tech21 documentation is unclear, you should speak to them.

camn
      Participant

Yeah. This is easy.
      You can do it by sending any CC or any PC…so it is possible with any midi controller.

You set the CC and PC choices in H9 control under MIDI settings.

But first…if the above is Greek to you…take a half hour and read a MIDI basics primer. It’s confusing at first, but not really complicated. It’s from the 80s!
      This page is probably sufficient:
      https://www.noterepeat.com/articles/how-to/213-midi-basics-common-terms-explained

If you can’t get it working, and you have read enough to tell us your existing settings… Lay it out here and we will get you up and running!

Dan Knowlton

Yes, that is what I am trying to do.  The Tech 21 manual may be short, but it is not clear!

I did get a FS3X and that worked for me – my sister is going to see if she can use the Midi Mongoose with her keyboard equipment.  

Dan

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        Dan Knowlton wrote:

Yes, that is what I am trying to do.  The Tech 21 manual may be short, but it is not clear!

I did get a FS3X and that worked for me – my sister is going to see if she can use the Midi Mongoose with her keyboard equipment.  

Dan

Basically, almost every function of H9 can be controlled through MIDI. But first, you need to figure out what MIDI messages you are sending from your Tech 21 MIDI controller. After that, using H9 Control can definitely help you assign MIDI messages' functions. See attachments.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.