Here is a new one, as far as I can find…

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Here is a new one, as far as I can find…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      skydog
      Participant

Here is a unique problem, as far as I can find on the site.

Weeks ago, I sent my H9 Max in for warrantied service. It took a bit longer than expected, but it has been returned and all was working fine. Suddenly this week, I received an email while I was out-of-town from Eventide Customer Support, saying that my H9 had been deregistered! I immediately responded by email saying, and I am paraphrasing here, “What?”.

Thankfully, I received a response back the same day, saying that an Eventide technician had mistakenly deregistered my H9 while working off of a list. I was told to re-register it and restore my purchases using H9 Control. No worries.

I tried the procedure this morning. I received an error, saying that I could not register my H9 Max, because it is registered to another account!

So how does this get fixed? Who has hijacked my H9 Max? I apologize for bothering people with this problem, but after spending quite a bit of money on two (really wonderful) H9 pedals, I am limited to using email and this group, for customer support. I apologize if this topic shows up twice. Safari quit unexpectedly during my first attempt at this post.

Best, Frank

skydog
      Participant

Yikes, now I’m screwed. I attached to H9 Control this morning, as I previously wrote. I just turned everything back on, and now I have no algorithms in both of my H9s (one is a Max and one is a Core). All due to this fiasco. It’s a Saturday before a gig, and all my sounds are gone. I have to run out and grab a couple of Strymons. Jeez.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        skydog wrote:

Yikes, now I'm screwed. I attached to H9 Control this morning, as I previously wrote. I just turned everything back on, and now I have no algorithms in both of my H9s (one is a Max and one is a Core).

Not sure what happened (I'm not the H9Control expert), but I do know that you should be able to go to Restore Purchases (maybe under Settings) and get them back again.

skydog
      Participant

Thanks for quick response. The problem is that however it was de-registered (why would this be done?), it was re-registered to another account (at least that is the response Received from H9 Control). This is just a snafu, but I’m hoping that somebody might know a work-around asap. I have about 1.5 hours left, to get this fixed in time. After that, I am resigned to a Monday fix. The urgency is why I posted here. All this said, I am unclear why Eventide can de-register an active customer’s H9.

skydog
      Participant

I can confirm that H9 Control is working fine. I cannot register my H9 Max. It reports that my device is registered to another user. This was done at Eventide, one week after I had warranty repair work. If anyone can understand or explain how this can happen, I’m all ears. Has anyone seen or heard of this happen before?

jhyman
      Keymaster
      Eventide Staff

Hi Frank,

I just checked and that H9 is not currrently registered to anyone else. I'm emailing you right now as well. Please respond to that email for any further assistance. Thanks.

Jerome

skydog
      Participant

Hi Jerome. The tech you provided will contact me again tomorrow. He was able to confirm, that H9 Control reports, that my H9 Max is not registered to me, and that it is registered to “another user”. They are researching the problem. I cannot deregister it. I cannot restore presets. I cannot register it. In my profile, it is no longer listed as one of my products. However, I can control it with H9 Control.

skydog
      Participant

Update for user community. Thank god for Eventide Support. Problem is almost completely resolved. The pedals are functioning, and H9 Control is working. The last bit of confusion, is that H9 Control says the pedals belong to me, but the system at eventideaudio.com says otherwise. The guys are attacking this today. I’ll publish the steps after all is resolved.

skydog
      Participant

I don’t know if this will help anybody. But I’m posting this as a record of how this unique problem was solved.

Here is the procedure, to restore an H9 Max de-registered by a party other than the owner (including the additional variable of a second, algorithm-sharing H9 Core). The condition was a deregisterd H9 Max, that was not deregistered in it’s associated H9 Control. Cannot re-register because it is already registered in H9 Control. Cannot de-register, because it H9 Control reports it is “registered to another owner”. Both pedals reporting “No Algorithms”.

1. Clear account settings on H9Control device (eg. iPad).
      2. The H9 Control will continue to report the H9 Max as registered. It will not permit deregistering, because it detects an H9 Core that may be sharing algorithms.
      3. Log into the Core, restore it to factory settings and turn it off.
      4. Clear account settings a second time in H9 Control.
      5. Deregistered the H9 Max, and log out of H9 Control.
      6. Log into H9 Control. It will detect the H9 Max.
      7. Register H9 Max to the Eventide account. H9 Control now recognizes the local owner.
      8. I logged out and back into H9 Control.
      9. H9 Control will find the H9 Core, and allow it to be registered ito the Eventide account.
      10. Restore both H9 backup files.
      11. H9 Control will now accurate ownership, registrations, and bundled algorithms
      12. Log into eventideaudio.com and check My Products. If it reports accurately, you are set. If it reports inaccurately, contact Eventide. technical support. They have the ability to correct their database.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.