Hiss Noise Mixing Link

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Hiss Noise Mixing Link

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      yuri romboli

Hello everybody,

Is there someone who experienced a bothering hiss noise from speakers when plugged the mixing link into the mixer? This noise seems to be not related to the presence of some noisy pedal in the pedal chain as the problem was already present when the sequence was mic –> mixing link –> mixer. 

I also tryed to activate/deactivate the ground lift switch. No  changes.

I need to find a solution to this problem, please help me!

JWaltz
      Participant

Hi Yuri, how are you connecting to the mixer?

If you are using the XLR DI/LINE out, make sure this is set to the DI setting using the slideswitch on the bottom of the pedal. Also chk the mic gain switch on the MXLNK this may be set to 'high gain' when it doesn't need to be potentially adding too much level at this stage.

Can you email me more details of the actual I/O connectors you are using from MXLNK to the MIXER

thanks

jwaltz@eventide.com

Jonathanbm

Hi Yuri. 

I have just got the MixingLink and am currently experiencing the same issue. Have you got any reply, how to minimize the noise?

Regards

Jonathan

JWaltz
      Participant
      yuri romboli wrote:

Hello everybody,

Is there someone who experienced a bothering hiss noise from speakers when plugged the mixing link into the mixer? This noise seems to be not related to the presence of some noisy pedal in the pedal chain as the problem was already present when the sequence was mic –> mixing link –> mixer. 

I also tryed to activate/deactivate the ground lift switch. No  changes.

I need to find a solution to this problem, please help me!

hi Yuri,

Can you say which MXLNK connectors you are using to connect to the Mixer, and what type of input you are are using on your mixer.

Also can you say what the MXLNK mic/input gain sw level is set to and what the MXLNK DI/LINE XLR out level (bottom of unit) is set to? 

thanks, joe waltz

eventide

Deenyar
      Participant

Hi everyone,

It seems I am having the same issue, tried to investigate opening the pedal but did not see anything.

It is not linked to how I connect it, the noise is present even with nothing plugged on it, and with any position of GND lift, or line/DI…

What component could be causing this?

Thanks

jon9max
      Participant

Just got a Brand new mixing link today. There is a lot of hiss. I’m just testing. Sm58, I disconnected the effects so just the microphone to the unit off to a DL32/M32c. gain on mixing link off. (doesn’t matter though, doesn’t get louder or lower with any knob or button on the mixing link just a lot of hiss. when plugged in. I plug the mic directly into the DL32/M32 completely quiet. I really need this unit so we can do a specific effect B4 the m32 as that is just our IEM and then it goes to a split to FOH, so the effect has to be b4 everything. But now it looks like I’ll have to use a separate input, and mic for this one part in one song as I can’t have this hiss on the lead vox the whole night. What a Pain. Does anyone know if the radial Voco-Loco has hiss?

jefflipstein
      Participant

Hi. I am also having this same problem.  We have been using the mixing link in our live shows for about a year now and all of the sudden it’s become really noisy.  I don’t believe it has to do with the set up as we have been using it with no noise for a very long time.  DI/LINE out is set to DI. High boost is not on.  Could there be a part that goes bad?  Any help would be appreciated as this unit is not cheap. Thank you.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Please email support@eventide.com with some more information about your setup and we can help you further there.

JWaltz
      Participant

Hi Jonathan,

Can you say what your set up is and how it is connected and what MXLNK gain switches are set to?

thanks, joe waltz

eventide

Jonathanbm wrote:

Hi Yuri. 

I have just got the MixingLink and am currently experiencing the same issue. Have you got any reply, how to minimize the noise?

Regards

Jonathan

Jonathanbm

Hi Joe,

My setup is DPA 4099 -(XLR, into Mic/Line In)-> MixingLink-(XLR, through DI/Line out)-> Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer -(Jack/Line, through Phones))-> Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm.

The MXLNK gain is set to 1 o’clock, and I have the “GND Lift” and the “-20” activated.

Connected to my MixingLink, I have a Neunaber reverberator.

I play on a trombone.

I have just tried to connect my headphones directly to the MixingLink, both through the inputs “To amp” and “Phones”  and there are slightly less noise here. But here, the volume can’t get up to a niveau that is comfortable enough, and it’s also only mono through the “To amp” input, as it should be.

I have tried it on a PA-system as well. Here are do the same, except for the Behringer-mixer, I connect the “DI/Line Out” to a normal XLR-input. Here I have the same issue with the noise.

Best regards

Jonathan

JWaltz wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

Can you say what your set up is and how it is connected and what MXLNK gain switches are set to?

thanks, joe waltz

eventide

Jonathanbm wrote:

Hi Yuri. 

Regards

Jonathan

JWaltz
      Participant
      Jonathanbm wrote:

Hi Joe,

My setup is DPA 4099 -(XLR, into Mic/Line In)-> MixingLink-(XLR, through DI/Line out)-> Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer -(Jack/Line, through Phones))-> Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm.

The MXLNK gain is set to 1 o’clock, and I have the “GND Lift” and the “-20” activated.

Connected to my MixingLink, I have a Neunaber reverberator.

I play on a trombone.

I have just tried to connect my headphones directly to the MixingLink, both through the inputs “To amp” and “Phones”  and there are slightly less noise here. But here, the volume can’t get up to a niveau that is comfortable enough, and it’s also only mono through the “To amp” input, as it should be.

I have tried it on a PA-system as well. Here are do the same, except for the Behringer-mixer, I connect the “DI/Line Out” to a normal XLR-input. Here I have the same issue with the noise.

Hi Jonathan,

What is the DI/LINE out level set to?

This switch is in the bottom. DI setting should make it quieter.

lmk, joe

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.