Hotswitch for older algorithms?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Hotswitch for older algorithms?

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ProtonLenny
      Participant

I was curious if there is anyway to allow the auxiliary switch to perfrom the hotswitch (secondary preset) functions in older algorithms (Timefactor, Modfactor, and Pitchfactor). I find the hotswitch to be WAY more useful than the slow/fast, repeat, and flex functions. Would there be a way in a future update to allow the user to have the option of how their auxilliary switch performed? The hotswitch setting would be especially useful for the delay algortihms IMO. 

Thanks

brock
      Participant
      ProtonLenny wrote:

I was curious if there is anyway to allow the auxiliary switch to perfrom the hotswitch (secondary preset) functions in older algorithms (Timefactor, Modfactor, and Pitchfactor). I find the hotswitch to be WAY more useful than the slow/fast, repeat, and flex functions. Would there be a way in a future update to allow the user to have the option of how their auxilliary switch performed? The hotswitch setting would be especially useful for the delay algortihms IMO. 

Thanks

If I’m understanding this correctly, you can do that currently.  Map the Aux switch to the expression pedal function.  Then adjust your expression pedal parameter extremes to mimic HotSwitch action [Heel = OFF; Toe = ON].  And once set up globally, this pseudo-HotSwitch function can be saved per-preset.

The step-by-step procedure is somewhat specific to the device.   That is, it differs slightly; depending on whether you approach it from the H9 Control app, an H9 Max/Core, or one of the ‘Factor pedals.

ProtonLenny
        Participant
        brock wrote:

ProtonLenny wrote:

Thanks

If I’m understanding this correctly, you can do that currently.  Map the Aux switch to the expression pedal function.  Then adjust your expression pedal parameter extremes to mimic HotSwitch action [Heel = OFF; Toe = ON].  And once set up globally, this pseudo-HotSwitch function can be saved per-preset.

The step-by-step procedure is somewhat specific to the device.   That is, it differs slightly; depending on whether you approach it from the H9 Control app, an H9 Max/Core, or one of the ‘Factor pedals.

This is very close to the hotswitch function, but it has two differences/issues. If you map a normal AUX switch to expression it acts as a momentary switch. So to keep my secondary preset (hotswitch) I’d have to hold down the switch (instead of the hotswitch’s normal latching function). Also, the hotswitch allows two completely different settings AND expression control. I really wish the Hotswitch function could be implemented to older algorithms. Such a useful feature. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.