How can I restore a *single* preset/bank to original setting?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How can I restore a *single* preset/bank to original setting?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      sonicblue57

Apologies if there's already a thread on this subject… I've already made that mistake once today..

I'm wondering, is it possible to restore a *single* bank to its factory condition? I have Software 2.4, and after tweaking a setting, don't like it and want to restore it to its factory setting – without disturbing other customised presets/banks that I'm happy with… I have perused the manual and can see how to restore all settings (initializing), but not how to restore just one. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Not sure that there is an easy way.

the only way I can think of is to take a MIDI dump of all the presets, then see if you can delete the one you made the mistake on from the MIDI dumps.

Initalize the pedal, then reaply the dumps that you backed up apart from the one you delete.

I have not tried this though! I have backed up and reapllied individual and all midi preset dumps though.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

another option I just thought of it just get someone to send you a back up of the preset from factory and re-apply.

If it is a TimeFactor preset, drop me a PM of your email address and the preset you want and I can set you the midi dump for that preset.

Bill be from a V3 beta though.

timothyhill

With a v2.4 pedal, you shouldn't have any problems using FactorLib. It installs files (to the installation directory) with all the original patches in them. Just open one of those files, select the preset(s) you want, and send it to the pedal.

Eventide's also posted PDFs containing all of the settings from the original presets. There are links on each Factor's Support/Documentation page (except the Space, which doesn't have this available, yet). Here are the links…

http://eventide.com/~/media/Files/Audio%20Support/TimeFactor/Everyone/TimeFactor_PresetsSettings.ashx

http://eventide.com/~/media/Files/Audio%20Support/ModFactor/Everyone/ModFactor_PresetsSettings.ashx

http://eventide.com/~/media/Files/Audio%20Support/PitchFactor/Everyone/PitchFactor_PresetsSettings.ashx

The new version of FactorLib seems to be working with V3 pedals, too.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Does Factorlib have all the factory default patches installed by default?

Will check it out again when the new version comes out.

must admit, I use sysex librarian to manage patches, i did not see much that FactorLib gave me

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

just seen beta 1.8 is out ….time to have another play

timothyhill

Yep, FactorLib includes all the default presets… "tf.sys" for instance, all in the same directory in which FactorLib is installed (C:Program FilesFactorLib-1.8 on a PC).

Those PDFs are possibly more useful, though, since it only takes a second to look the settings up. I'm looking forward to seeing this for Space, too, but it's not available, yet.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

cool, good to know….thanks

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

OK!

Had a play with Factorlib 1.8 and snot sure if I missed some of the features previously, but it seems a cool thing.

Previously I got used to editing everything on the knobs and just using sysex librarian to save and load presets.

Thanks again Tim, for pointing this out.

sonicblue57

Cool! Thanks for all the responses – I have not tried Factorlib yet, but appreciate the leads pointing me in the right direction. There's no specific bank I want to restore *that* badly just yet – but I'm just sort of trouble-shooting a solution ahead of time – in case I need to!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.