How do I assign the “Learn” function to a momentary footswitch while using the Diatonic Effect in Bank Mode?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How do I assign the “Learn” function to a momentary footswitch while using the Diatonic Effect in Bank Mode?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      dannywacker

I have a Boss Momentary Footswitch connected to the Aux Switch on the back of the Pitchfactor. How do I assign the "Learn" function to the footswitch while using the Diatonic Effect in Bank Mode?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Don't think you can – the Learn function is a part of system mode and can't be remoted. Not clear why you would need to do this ..

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can do this by using the FS2 option for that aux switch in the aux switch system menu. 

dannywacker

Thanks!  Using the FS2 option for the aux switch in the aux switch system menu worked. Now when I'm using the Diatonic Effect, I can change keys instantly by pressing the footswitch while playing a note, and that note becomes the root note of the key.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Confusion on my part – I thought you were talking about MIDI Learn, to which my comments would apply. Since you are instead talking about Flex Learn, Mr.Wedelich is of course correct.

dannywacker

Understood. Thanks for the reply back.

brock
      Participant

Another option is to assign the aux switch to FLX.  It works in either Play or Bank mode, and it targets one specific function.  And that function will trigger a different type of variation for 9 out of the 10 algorithms (including Learn for either of the two Diatonic modes).

You can get unpredictable, but interesting results with a latching switch on LEARN (not recommended by Eventide).  That's a little more useful for the Flex functions in other modes, though.  MIDI triggering is another control option for Flex/Learn.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.