how do you add more softkey pages (the magenta squares on the right)

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development how do you add more softkey pages (the magenta squares on the right)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      taylor12k
      Participant

i can't find in the manual anywhere how to add more than the 1 default softkey page in vSig…

i'm talking about those little magenta squares underneath the output modules that correspond to softkeys..

anyone?

thanks!

(ps: i'm on vSig X, if that makes a difference)

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Alas, it does make a difference. vSigX is not supported by us.

taylor12k
      Participant

and that means you can't answer my question?

not the best support policy for building a community.

perhaps someone else here will be kind enough to answer.

for what it's worth, i have WIn7 installed on my Mac… and can use Vsig that way as well, it's just more convenient for me not to have to boot into windows.

if i boot into windows and post this question from Internet Explorer will you answer it?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

VsigX does not come from us and we know almost nothing about it, so would be unwise to attempt to answer any questions. Sorry.

Hopefully someone who does know about it can help. The main man has a family emergency at present, so may not immediately respond.

We are happy to answer questions about Vsig, because it does come from us and we do know about it.

DanielH

It's the "Add Repeating Field " edit function.

Ctrl+D (Vsig), Cmd-F (Vsigx)

taylor12k
      Participant

i figured vSig and vSigX were pretty much the same thing.. they sure seem it from reading the  manuals… and i had figured adding more "softkey" boxes would be similiar across both apps..

i apologize for not knowing they were different…

and thanks to the previous poster for the tip.. i'll try that out.

vSig and vSigX are close, but there are some differences.  (Of course, the big thing is, I'm the vSigX guy, so please don't blame Eventide if there is something wrong with vSigX, blame me…)

Version 2.0 of vSigX will be a significant update.  I have switched to a cross-platform GUI development product and have changed to a web-based help system.  I'm hoping that will get us closer to having the same product on different operating systems.

taylor12k
      Participant

thanks, doug, for the reply! i thought vSigX was dead.. and here you are mentioning a version 2???!!! this is GREAT news….

i'll definitely keep a peek at your site for news and updates.

while we're at it.. since you mentioned helping eventide users on your site.. do you know of any user archives of patches? i'm always curious what others are doing in their own programming.. helps me learn….

thanks.

taylor12k:

thanks, doug, for the reply! i thought vSigX was dead.. and here you are mentioning a version 2???!!! this is GREAT news….

Cool.  I'm going to release the remote control app before I finish version 2 of vSigX.  Eventually, I hope to combine the two apps into one larger control program that will allow you to change routing, edit patches, and have a library function.

Quote:
      while we're at it.. since you mentioned helping eventide users on your site.. do you know of any user archives of patches? i'm always curious what others are doing in their own programming.. helps me learn….

I created an online patch library, and I'm in the process of figuring out the best way to store and organize patches.  (Not limited to just Eventide devices.)  Pie in the sky maybe, but I'm hoping to collect various tutorials and the patches that go with them too…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.