How do you setup Misha to follow a 1v/oct CV input?

Home Forums Products Eurorack Modules How do you setup Misha to follow a 1v/oct CV input?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      scobot1
      Participant

Hello,

Could someone show me how to configure the Misha to track (follow) 1v/oct input signals?

I’m a little confused by the manual,  and all the possible settings, especially this section under CV input:

Translate Translates (moves up or down within the current key) according to where
      the voltage falls within the CV In range. (Note: this works only when there
      is a Tone Row playing automatedly.)” –  Huh? Do I need to make an empty Tone Row????

Right now I have a Melodicer sending Gate + CV (1V/oct) signals to the Misha (t/g 1 in, and “X” in) but the Misha only plays ascending notes up the scale. I have the Melodicer set to output cv 0 ->+5 and the Misha CV range set to 0 ->+5. But as I said, it only goes up the scale. I’m trying to use the Misha to play supporting chords for the melody created by the Melodicer.

Oddly if I set the Misha CV Range to 0->+10V, Misha plays ONLY descending notes. -5 -> +5 seems to only play ascending.

If someone could tell me the “secret sauce” settings for Gates/CV functions, that would be awesome! I’m been wildly trying every combo/setting I can think of and have not stumbled upon it yet. I’m sure I’ve got something miss-patched and can’t figure it out.

Thank you so much.

scobot1
      Participant

Semi-related note: in the manual, page 43:

“There is a comprehensive list of functions of on/off type functions available here,
      including changes of scale, key, chord, and sequencer operation.”

Is the “here” supposed to be a hyperlink to something? It is not.

Where can one find the “comprehensive list of functions”? (link, please 🙂

Thanks.

scobot1
      Participant

Update:

So it’s always a bit embarring when you post a question (out of frustration) and then…kind of figure it out. Not that I have completely figured it out, and certainly open to input and suggestions, so please share any tips/tricks/insights you might have. I’ll leave this thread open in case it helps others.

What I discovered (user error on me) was I had to expand the range of the Melodicer (there is a range setting) and once I did this (out of desperation) BINGO! Misha started to play notes up and down the Misha scale. Sounds great playing DecentSampler piano now.

How things are set in MISHA:

• CV in X
      • Range 0->+5V
      • Linking (Linked (Trigger))
      • CV Function: Translate
      • T/G Active State: Normal
      • Tigger Function: Interval Keys
      • Trigger Mapping (default settings I assume) 1-11
        • Move
        • Pitch
        • -5 to 5

Still would like to read the “comprehensive list of functions” if anyone can find that.

Thanks again.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

Glad to hear this has been resolved for you. It can be tricky to match up the voltages between various devices for optimal performance.

The full list of functions that can be triggered via CV is the same list of functions that can be triggered via MIDI, so it is not listed twice. Please see page 46 “MIDI Mapping > MIDI Note” for the full list.  I’ll make a note to update the manual so it references the correct section.

scobot1
        Participant

Thank you @tbskoglund.

Can I place a vote to update that – or make it clearer – in the manual?

Maybe just change:

“There is a comprehensive list of functions of on/off type functions available here,
        including changes of scale, key, chord, and sequencer operation.”

to

“The full list of functions that can be triggered via CV, including changes of scale, key, chord, and sequencer operation, is the same list of functions that can be triggered via MIDI. Please refer to “MIDI Mapping > MIDI Note” for a detailed description of each function.”  

I didn’t “catch” the connection in the manual as it is written.

Thanks for clarifying.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

You’re welcome, thanks for the input!

ninjaballs
      Participant

Thread almost a year old but I’m confused about the capabilities here.

In short, is there a way either through MIDI or CV to make my Misha track the “pitch keyboard” (midi note < 56) and produce chords for those notes?

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Sure, if you connect a MIDI keyboard to Misha, the MIDI notes will trigger Misha’s interval keys. CV triggers can also do this.

If your turn chord mode on (press and hold the right shift button for the chord popup menu), every trigger of the interval buttons will output a 3-note chord.

Does that accomplish what you are looking for?

ninjaballs
      Participant

Not exactly.  Page 34 of the Misha manual shows the ‘Default MIDI Note Map’.  Notes Lower than 56-G#3 are denoted ‘Pitch Keyboard’.

What I would like to do is to, for example, is press key 53-F3 and have Misha output a chord with F3 root.  This way in addition to triggering intervals, I could trigger a specific note (assuming the note is in the ‘Pitch Keyboard’ zone.

tbskoglund
        Eventide Staff

Sorry, I don’t think that is possible.

The MIDI notes sent to Misha will not correspond to specific note values, they will trigger intervals that are determined by the selected key/scale. You can pick a key/scale that includes F, but the idea for the MIDI control of Misha is not to play specific note values. It’s simply using a MIDI note controller (doesn’t have to be a keyboard, it could be drum machine pads, etc) to trigger the intervals defined in the MIDI mapping for the Interval Keyboard on page 34 of the manual.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.