How to connect H9 to my mixer / interface?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How to connect H9 to my mixer / interface?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Fred81

Hi all

about 3 weeks ago I bought H9 Max. My intention is to connect it to my Phonic Helix Board 18 Universal which is my mixer / interface connected via usb to my pc. I’m using Reaper as my main daw. I have never used the mixer for live performances; I just use it as interface, because it has enough inputs for all my instruments to stay connected. I want to use H9 in fx loop to be able to use it for all my instruments when required. I have various stereo and mono synths (prophet 12, analog keys, mopho x4, moog lp, korg ms20, op1) and I also a channel for vocals/ guitar / bass so the idea of recabling the setup each time I want to use the H9 is not so attractive. I managed to connect the H9 to my mixer and get the sound in stereo in my daw however it was affecting all sounds including my windows system sounds (mouse click etc). I couldn’t i=figure out how to record the track with h9, it just worked with playback, the moment I bypassed the h9 my recorded track played the dry signal take only. I’m at the point where I feel I run out of options therefore I’m seeking help here. Could anyone walk me through this step by step before I loose the plot?

Many thanks

Fred

PS the photo of  my mixer is attached.

gkellum
      Participant

I don't understand how you've currently connected the H9 to your mixer, but it sounds like you have it attached the main outputs of your mixer?

Have you tried connecting it to one of your mixer's aux sends? Then you can send particular channels to the H9. Hooking things up this way will only work though with certain kinds of effects like delays and reverbs. Using the H9 as an aux send will cause phase cancellation problems with other kinds of effects like modulation.

Fred81
        gkellum wrote:

I don’t understand how you’ve currently connected the H9 to your mixer, but it sounds like you have it attached the main outputs of your mixer?

Have you tried connecting it to one of your mixer’s aux sends? Then you can send particular channels to the H9. Hooking things up this way will only work though with certain kinds of effects like delays and reverbs. Using the H9 as an aux send will cause phase cancellation problems with other kinds of effects like modulation.

Hi gkellum

right now I’ve got it connected this way; H9 input 1/2 going to my mixers AUX sends 1/2. H9 outputs 1/2 are going to my mixer’s AUX RTN 1 – L and R. Everything I do after that is a guess. I connected a cable from H9 ouput 2 to mixer’s AUX RTN 2 RIGHT and got a signal from my stereo synth in stereo.. but when I  gently added more value on the AUX SEND 1 MONI.. then I got a high whistling noise simililar to guitar feedback.

I think there’s possibly a simple solution to my problem, I just don’t see it.

Thank you for your reply.

Fred

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.