How to control the H9 via midi

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How to control the H9 via midi

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Tim Zurowski wrote:

Is there something I need to do in the H9 to tell it to receive midi control data? What do I need to do to get this working for me?

What MIDI messages does your ADA send?

You may use H9 Control to set H9's MIDI settings. Make sure you have opened H9's MIDI receive channel. If you just want to switch to 10 presets, you would need to set ADA's 10 footswitches to 10 PC messages. You may also set them to CC messages to control H9's other functions.

Please see attached images for more info.

Tim Zurowski
      Participant

I have an older ADA midi controller that I have used in the past to control rack fx and other midi controllable devices. It has always worked well in the past, but when I try to use it with the H9 nothing at all happens. The H9 acts like there is nothing connected to it. I have looked through the manual and searched Google for how to control the H9 via midi, but keep coming up empty.

The ADA midi controller is very simple and just has a midi output, which I have plugged into the H9 midi input. All I want to do is use the 10 footswitches on the ADA to access 10 different patches on the H9. Is there something I need to do in the H9 to tell it to receive midi control data? What do I need to do to get this working for me?

Thanks

Tim

Tim Zurowski
      Participant

Thanks for the reply bohan. I am not really sure what this old controller is capable of sending, but all I need is quick access to random presets. I checked in System Mode / Midi to make sure the H9 was set on OMNI, and it was. It still was not working, so I unplugged the midi cable and plugged it back it, and it started to work and still works. So it must have been a bad cable connection . . . . . for my needs all is good now. 🙂  There is probably a way to access various presets throughout the unit, but what I did was move the 10 presets I need the most into the first 10 H9 preset positions. So now I can leave the controller on Bank 1 and quickly and easily access each of those 10 presets just like 10 stompboxes. I will save the next 10 in Bank 2 and bank up if/when needed.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.