How to get H9 Bluetooth to stay connected on a Mac?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How to get H9 Bluetooth to stay connected on a Mac?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      jm345
      Participant

I have been using the H9 with H9 Control on my Mac via USB. But the noise is too distracting. The second I unplug the USB cable the noise goes away. So I figured I would try Bluetooth. But I am having no luck keeping H9 Control connected via Bluetooth. The Mac says connected for about 20 seconds and then changes to disconnected. My H9 has the latest firmware and my Macbook Pro 2019 has the latest version of Catalina. I am working with support on this but I have already done all the suggestions and more. Hoping someone else has found a solution. Thanks

bohan
      Eventide Staff

How far is the H9 from your mac? Would the connection stays more stable if you put it closer?

jm345
      Participant

The H9 is right next to the Mac. When I can get the H9 connected to the Mac via Bluetooth it doesn’t stay connected long enough to load H9 Control. I have deleted BT preferences in the Mac. Done the Debug process to reset the Mac’s BT. The H9 just doesn’t stay connected to the Mac.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Did you connect your H9 in the H9 Control app?

Please try that instead of connecting in the Bluetooth settings.

Open H9 Control -> Manually Select a Device -> Connect via Bluetooth -> Choose your H9 and click Browse

jm345
      Participant

I was following the H9 manual that says to connect the H9 via the Mac’s Bluetooth settings. And I had previously tried connecting via H9 Control without success. But I went back and tried connecting via the H9 Control app and this time it worked. In the Mac’s BT settings it shows the H9 but says the H9 is not connected. So I load H9 Control and have to click on Manually Select a Device, Connect via Bluetooth. It takes me to the Mac’s BT settings and I click on the H9 and the options are Cancel or Browse. I click Browse and the H9 connects. The process and Mac’s terminology seems a little strange but at least it seems to be working! Thank you!!

jgeers01
      Participant

I have the same bluetooth problems, both on my iPad and iPhone 12. Whatever I try, the option ‘Manually select a device’ does not show up in the control app.

Any help would be great.

baco
      Participant

Look guys, I went through these problems with mine too, on the Mac I solved more or less, doing the following, turning off my mouse and Bluetooth keyboard, connecting the H9 and only when it was time to name the Patch I connected. But even so, sometimes he disconnected out of nowhere. The best way to use it for me was through the USB cable. Now with my iPhone 12 Pro Max and IPad 4 it stayed longer connected. Really this Bluetooth connection was very bad, as today I have the H90 and it still does not have this type of connection, via USB-C cable it never crashed. Plus Eventide in a future update will include the wireless connection again.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.