How to hook up two H9’s into my effects loop.

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development How to hook up two H9’s into my effects loop.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      meddman
      Participant

I have two brand new H9 and can’t seem to get them to work into my effects loop. Also have had trouble finding anything that addresses this. Can someone that has two H9 hook up into their effects loop simply tell me how to hook it up

thanks

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hello meddman, may I have a little more information regarding your signal flow? Are you referring to your amp’s effects loop or loops on a loop switcher? Are you running in mono? Currently, what are your connections?

meddman
      Participant

I’m tuning mono.  Running all my distortions and over drive tuner and Wah thru front of amp.   I just want to run the two H9 into my effects loop in series.  I read one post but got no sound.

meddman
      Participant

Amps effects loop

meddman
      Participant

Plus how to hook up two in front of amp

my set up.   Guitar into wah, tuner, overdrive , fuzz, #1 H9. #2 H9.   What’s the best way to hook up into my amp.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

My first recommendation is to make sure the H9s’ routing modes are set to NORMAL in the system settings. You can do this from the front panel by holding down the right ftsw and Hotknob button simultaneously for two seconds. When the display blinks, turn the big knob until you see UTILS. Press the big knob. Turn until you see ROUTE. Press, set to Normal on both units. Exit by pressing the same buttons for 2 sec.

Next, make sure you connect a cable from the effects send of your amp to H9-1’s Input 1, then output 1 to H9-2’s Input 1. Its Output 1 should go back to your amp’s effects return. Because they are connected in series, you’ll have to exploring the Mix parameter values and reach a balance that works for you in whatever combination your using. Let me know if you have questions.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Plus how to hook up two in front of amp my set up. Guitar into wah, tuner, overdrive , fuzz, #1 H9. #2 H9. What’s the best way to hook up into my amp.

Again, if you want to connect two H9s in serial fashion either in front or in the loop, the same instructions apply.

But the answer to this really depends how you wish to use the H9s. Since you have two, you can put one as part of the front signal chain and another in the loop. It just depends what effects you prefer. If it were up to me, one in front and one in the loop.

meddman
      Participant

Works!!!!!!   Thanks

meddman
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>If I run one in front and one in effects loop.   Please tell me the connections for that setup.  Thanks!</p>

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Glad to hear you got the effects loop setup working. If you wanted to experiment with 1 up front and one in the loop, I’d connect from the last pedal in your “front” chain into H9-1’s Input 1; then, Output 1 to the front of the amp. The second H9, just leave it connected to your loop as it is currently, using Input 1 (Send) and Output 1 (Return).

Again, make use of the Mix parameter for each H9 to optimize the balance of dry signal and affected tone.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.