How to increase/decrease preset on 2 H9 pedals at with one tap

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How to increase/decrease preset on 2 H9 pedals at with one tap

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jayron
      Participant

Hi!

I have 2 H9 pedals,  pedal 1 is dedicated to pitch/modulation, pedal 2 is dedicated to reverb/delay. 

Pedal 1 is (midi out) connected to pedal 2 (midi in) and al tempo changes / midi clock made one pedal 1 is sent to pedal 2 (which works good).

Now I have connected to pedal 1 a footswitch (digitech FS3X) with 3 buttons (button 1 I’ve mapped as ‘bypass’, 2 I’ve mapped as ‘tap tempo’ and 3 I’ve mapped as ‘preset increase & load’) which works very well.

What I really would like to have is that when I increase & load the preset on pedal 1, the same thing happens on pedal 2. So both act on the preset change just by pressing one button on the footswitch. I have tried to find if a midi out signal could be sent from pedal 1 (increase & load preset) to pedal 2, but I can’t manage to get it to work.

Could you please help me with this??

Thanks very much!!

Jeroen1

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you do a preset up/down with a switch, the H9 won't know to send it on over MIDI. What you could do would be to use some kind of Y-lead to connect the switch to both H9's, so that they would do the same thing.

voodoojeff

somehow it seems that should be a very simple action. My midi controller goes to my H9 first, then out to my amps and they all get the right command at the same time. It would seem the midi through function would send the exact same command to the second H9, no? Not to say I`m not missing something…

voodoojeff

at a second look, the bit I missed is that you never said the footswitch was midi. If it`s not then I suppose you`d have to get the H9 to generate a midi command triggered by a non midi response. I`m not entirely sure it has the means. 

If it`s a huge deal for you, you could pick up another simple three button midi footswitch and program it the same, then (I can only surmise) it could pass the same midi command to the next H9. Might take a little bit of tinkering but I don`t see it being difficult.

jayron
      Participant

Thanks for the comments!

I was actually hoping the H9 generates a midi message when pressing a button on the device (a Midi CC message). If I know which midi message is generated when pussing the ‘preset increase and load’ button (regardless if it’s on a aux footswitch or on the H9 itself), I was thinking I could let the other H9 receive this midi message from the 1st H9 (same as with tap tempo).

Do you guys have an advise on which simple midi footswitch is cheap and doing the job wel? I have been considering a FCB1010 but it’s way to much and to big. Thanks!

voodoojeff

Hey BTW, you`re not the Jeroen I went to GIT with back in `95/96 are you?

jayron
        Participant
        voodoojeff wrote:

Hey BTW, you`re not the Jeroen I went to GIT with back in `95/96 are you?

Nope, must be another Jeroen wink

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.