How to load pre-H9 control presets after updating TimeFactor firmware

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How to load pre-H9 control presets after updating TimeFactor firmware

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      axman53
      Participant

I’m about to finally upgrade my TF firmware to a version that works with H9 Control software. Is there a published procedure on how load my saved pre-H9 presents onto the TF once the firmware is upgraded? I’m assuming I will first backup the presents like I do now, so will that backup be usable once I upgrade to the H9 firmware version? Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      axman53 wrote:

I'm about to finally upgrade my TF firmware to a version that works with H9 Control software. Is there a published procedure on how load my saved pre-H9 presents onto the TF once the firmware is upgraded? I'm assuming I will first backup the presents like I do now, so will that backup be usable once I upgrade to the H9 firmware version? Thanks.

Sorry – you don't say how you backed up your presets, so it is not possible for us to say if it will be useable.

axman53
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Sorry – you don’t say how you backed up your presets, so it is not possible for us to say if it will be useable.

I use FactorLib to backup the TimeFactor. It creates .syx files. Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Factorlib has been replaced by H9Control, but it should still work.

Note that if your presets are very old, there may be compatibility issues, but I suggest you try it and see.

axman53
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Note that if your presets are very old, there may be compatibility issues, but I suggest you try it and see.

Yes, and that is the question. What is the PROCEDURE for restoring a factorlib/syx backup using H9 Control? Thanks.

cudbear2018
        axman53 wrote:

Yes, and that is the question. What is the PROCEDURE for restoring a factorlib/syx backup using H9 Control? Thanks.

You can just drag and drop the syx file onto H9 Control and it will import it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.