How to make H9 delays trail off when changing patches?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How to make H9 delays trail off when changing patches?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      SharkGuitar

I would like them to trail off naturally rather than get chopped off when making patch changes.
      Where do I find this setting? 

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

The H9 doesn't do this.  We call this feature Spillover on the Space and Timefactor (as opposed to DSP+FX bypass which preserves delay trails when going to bypass, which the H9 does do).  

We had to leave Spillover out of H9 b/c of the variety of algorithms from the different products it can run.  True Spillover requires a second machine running a duplicate of the algorithm that you crossfade to/from when switching presets. 

envasquez
      Participant

couldn't you sample and repeat with decay the last N seconds at patch switch time? or maybe make it a delay ONLY parameter/feature?

This in my opinion is a feature that I LOVED about the TimeLine

nishneb

Hmmm, it took me several months to figure this out. Seriously bummed.

camn
      Participant

Yes and no.

If you want to have ‘delay trails’… meaning having your delays remain while you engage a different H9 preset… you need two H9s. But ONE of them would just be dedicated to the delay algo.. you still cant switch it’s preset until the trails are gone…so your function is the same as if you just had one. 

In other words, 2 H9’s is dope, but you still dont get spillover. You just have a different H9 to engage a new effect.

pedroandresgomez
      Participant
      wedelich wrote:

The H9 doesn’t do this.  We call this feature Spillover on the Space and Timefactor (as opposed to DSP+FX bypass which preserves delay trails when going to bypass, which the H9 does do).  

We had to leave Spillover out of H9 b/c of the variety of algorithms from the different products it can run.  True Spillover requires a second machine running a duplicate of the algorithm that you crossfade to/from when switching presets. 

SO, CAN I HAVE THE DELAY TRAILS IF I HAVE TWO H9 ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.