How to move presets from H9 to H9?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How to move presets from H9 to H9?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      amcolan

I have an H9 max and a core.
      There are about 10 presets that I want to have on both units. 6 are on the max and 4 are on the core. How do I move these presets from unit to unit so that I have them on both pedal. I essentially want presets 1-10 to be these 10 presets on both units.

gkellum
      Participant
      amcolan wrote:
      I have an H9 max and a core. There are about 10 presets that I want to have on both units. 6 are on the max and 4 are on the core. How do I move these presets from unit to unit so that I have them on both pedal. I essentially want presets 1-10 to be these 10 presets on both units.

I made a quick screencast showing how you can do this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1383432/CopyingPresetsBetweenTwoH9s.mov

I'll quickly describe what I'm doing in the screencast.  I connected two H9s to H9 Control, and I went to H9 Control's Preset screen.  On the first H9, I used the big, black wheel on the H9 itself to call up the preset I want to copy; it's preset #3 on that H9 titled "My Awesome Preset".  Loading it up on the H9 causes it to appear in H9 Control as well.  I press save and save this preset locally to H9 Control.  Then, I select the serial number of my 2nd H9 in the top bar to connect to the second H9.  I navigate through my presets to find the preset I just saved, i.e. My Awesome Preset, and I save that preset to preset position 3 on the 2nd H9.  Then, at the end I go into the Preset List screen and look at the contents of both H9s in the preset list screen to verify that "My Awesome Preset" is now saved at preset position 3 on both H9s.

amcolan

I’ve got it now. Thanks. I didn’t realize you could click the two serial numbers at the top to switch between the two units. Once I did that I was able to save to both H9’s. That’s why I was confused. I was always just seeing one of the two H9’s.

What I eventually did before you walked me through it was I saved all my presets to a preset list and then loaded the list to each H9. Took a lot longer that way though.

One request I have unless it’s already possible, is there a way to erase a preset either on the iPad or on the unit without having all the other presets shift upon deleting?

gkellum
        Participant
        amcolan wrote:
        One request I have unless it's already possible, is there a way to erase a preset either on the iPad or on the unit without having all the other presets shift upon deleting?

No, not really.  You could make a preset called EMPTY and overwrite the preset you don't want with it instead of deleting it.

I'm not sure why you'd want to do this though anyway.  Do you know that you can easily insert a new preset anywhere in a preset list and cause everything to shift back up again?  In the Edit List screen of Preset Lists, you can drag and drop a preset between two presets and that will cause everything to shift up again.  Maybe, that helps with the underlying problem?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.