How to record noise generator sounds in H3000 Factory?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins How to record noise generator sounds in H3000 Factory?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Snowdune
      Participant

Hi,

What are the many noise generator sounds and effects for please? When I select on inside my DAW it just generates the sound and never stops, and I can’t record the sound, or affect it with keyboards.

Some of the sounds are great, but how can I actually use them in my recordings?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi, I assume you are referring to the Noise and Function Generator modules in H3000 Factory? If so, these are intended as modulation / signal sources for the other modules in the Effects Block section, not for synthesis purposes.

mcmorrise
      Participant

I’d wager Snowdune is referring to the patches in H3000 Factory bank 15 – Sound Design. This bank contains constant noise beds (Traffic Report, Siren, Alert, Windstorm, Ocean in the Background, et cetera).

In response to your question, Snowdune: in order to record these patches you will need to route the output of the H3000 Factory to an auxiliary track that has been armed for recording, and record it within your DAW in that way. This process is different for each DAW, so consult your documentation.

As for playability via keyboard, that’s likely not the intended use, with the plugin nor with the hardware. However, you may be able to automate certain controls like the amount of modulation per soft key. I am not familiar with the H3000 Factory, so consult the documentation for more information, or open your DAW’s list of automation-compatible parameters for an instance of H3KF.

Snowdune
      Participant

Yes, many thanks mcmorrise. I’ll give it a try.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Ah, yes I misunderstood. Thanks @mcmorrise!

@Snowdune
      you should be able to assign soft keys to various parameters in each patch, and then use e.g. MIDI to change the sound of the patch over time. Automating the parameters would be another way.

Snowdune
      Participant

Many thanks. Yes it was just the sound effect’s that mcmorrise mentioned. I would like to use them inside my tracks but not necessarily manipulate or play them as such. Just as background or effect noises. I just could not see how it was possible to record them until mcmorrise replied.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.