How to turn ON/OFF 2 eventide stompboxes connected by MIDI (timefactor as master and space as a slave)??

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How to turn ON/OFF 2 eventide stompboxes connected by MIDI (timefactor as master and space as a slave)??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      4_cuerdas
      Participant

Hi, I use a timefactor as a master and a space as a slave (connected via MIDI) and I know I can select the presets in the timefactor and the space will change the preset as well, but when I want to turn off the active preset in the timefactor the preset in the space stomp box stays on. I would like to turn off/on both stompboxes only using the timefactor, can this be done? Is there some MIDI settings I have to program to achieve this ?, if so, can somebody point me in the right direction? Cheers

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – can't be done as you describe. Assuming that by "off" you mean bypass, the problem is that when you bypass one unit, it does not send a MIDI message saying that this happened.

You probably need some kind of pedalboard to achieve this.

4_cuerdas
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Sorry – can’t be done as you describe. Assuming that by “off” you mean bypass, the problem is that when you bypass one unit, it does not send a MIDI message saying that this happened.

You probably need some kind of pedalboard to achieve this.

Hi Nick, and thanks for your reply.

Yes I meant bypass. I use a digitech 3 button switch pedal with my Eventide stompboxes. I use it to activate the “infinite delay” in the Timefactor, to switch bank down (on both units) and to tap tempo. Is it possible to use one of the button-switches of my ext switch pedal to bypass both units?

Cheers

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        4_cuerdas wrote:

Is it possible to use one of the button-switches of my ext switch pedal to bypass both units?

If  it suits your other needs, you could connect the AUX switch(es) in parallel, either individually or with a TRS Y-lead. Make sure this does not create a ground loop.

4_cuerdas
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

4_cuerdas wrote:

Is it possible to use one of the button-switches of my ext switch pedal to bypass both units?

If  it suits your other needs, you could connect the AUX switch(es) in parallel, either individually or with a TRS Y-lead. Make sure this does not create a ground loop.

Ok. Thanks for your reply Nick.

Cheers.

aliengtr
      Participant

you need a midi pedalboard for this I would think. I use a soleman which can send midi cc messages to turn on/off h9’s…

Denis

bohan
      Eventide Staff

You can also use an aux switch to turn on/off the first stompbox (set the mapping of this switch to Bypass) and use a MIDI cable to connect these two stompboxes. Set a CC number for this aux switch (TIP, RING, or T+R, depends on which switch you want to use) in the first stompbox's XMT CC setting. And assign this CC number to "Toggle" in the second stompbox's RCV.CTL (assign received MIDI CC to pedal functions) setting accordingly. By doing so, you don't have to use a MIDI pedalboard.

4_cuerdas
        Participant
        bohan wrote:

You can also use an aux switch to turn on/off the first stompbox (set the mapping of this switch to Bypass) and use a MIDI cable to connect these two stompboxes. Set a CC number for this aux switch (TIP, RING, or T+R, depends on which switch you want to use) in the first stompbox's XMT CC setting. And assign this CC number to "Toggle" in the second stompbox's RCV.CTL (assign received MIDI CC to pedal functions) setting accordingly. By doing so, you don't have to use a MIDI pedalboard.

Perfect!. I have already a Digitech f3sx and I can assign one of the switches to do the bypass. Thanks a lot for your answer!
        Cheers!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.