How to Update H9 Max to newest firmware

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How to Update H9 Max to newest firmware

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      odd job

Hi Guy’s, New here and new to the H9 update process.  I bought a used H9 Max, and recieved is this morning.  I plugged her in to make sure it wasn’t DOA, and this message came up   UPDATE   BAD H9 MAX ,,,  Then jumped to the presets,  I haven’t plugged into an amp yet, wanted to update to the next firmware, as the person I purshased from, said it has been stored since June 2015.  Thanks for any Help, Bill

gkellum
      Participant
      odd job wrote:

Hi Guy's, New here and new to the H9 update process.  I bought a used H9 Max, and recieved is this morning.  I plugged her in to make sure it wasn't DOA, and this message came up   UPDATE   BAD H9 MAX ,,,  Then jumped to the presets,  I haven't plugged into an amp yet, wanted to update to the next firmware, as the person I purshased from, said it has been stored since June 2015.  Thanks for any Help, Bill

That message sounds pretty alarming, but what it actually means was that last time someone tried to update it the update process was interrupted and it has a partial update file stored which it can't use.  If you turn it on while pressing the HotKnob switch (the one in the upper left hand corner) and then turn it off and then turn it on again normally, that message should go away.

To update it, you just need to download H9 Control and connect it to your H9 via USB or Bluetooth.  If you click on the Pedals button in the apps bottom menu bar, you'll see a button there for updating the H9's software.

odd job

Ahhh!! Thank You Sir, Ill give that a try!

odd job

Much Thanks Again, Finally got her all up to date, and loaded Script also!! 😉  This puppy talks to you, hope it doesn’t wake me up in the middle of the night wanting to talk,,,lol

odd job

Guy’s, after spending many hours with this jewel, I think I might need professional help,,,lol  I find myself on that app way too much, starting to feel like Dr. Frankenstein!!  And even worse, I bought a Core pedal to add too the Addition???  I sure to be babbling to myself in a corner, if I keep this Mad Scientist project going,,,,,,, 😉

brock
        Participant
        odd job wrote:

Guy’s, after spending many hours with this jewel, I think I might need professional help,,,lol  I find myself on that app way too much, starting to feel like Dr. Frankenstein!!  And even worse, I bought a Core pedal to add too the Addition???  I sure to be babbling to myself in a corner, if I keep this Mad Scientist project going,,,,,,, 😉

Hi, odd job!

My name is Tom … Hi, Tom! … and I’m also an H9 Control Freak.  It started innocently enough.  I experimented with a little PitchFactor.  But that became the gateway to an H9, a Max Out program, and then clear justification for another H9 (“I’m actually saving money, right?”), and more new algorithm releases , and then …

You’ve come to the right place.  Meetings are Monday through Friday.  The free brochures in the back explain most all of the rules.  Weekends can be a tad slow.  If it starts to get a little boring, mention something like a UniVibe algorithm, or Android support.  We usually schedule a theme party right around NAMM time.

But there are documented and undocumented gems scattered all over the forum here; usually slipped into one of the Eventide staff replies.  I won’t promise any quick cures to for algo-holism – far from it.  Excessive algo consumption is actually encouraged here.  It keeps you off the streets, but may alienate your friends.

Given To Fly
        Participant
        brock wrote:

Hi, odd job!

My name is Tom … Hi, Tom! … and I’m also an H9 Control Freak.  It started innocently enough.  I experimented with a little PitchFactor.  But that became the gateway to an H9, a Max Out program, and then clear justification for another H9 (“I’m actually saving money, right?”), and more new algorithm releases , and then …

You’ve come to the right place.  Meetings are Monday through Friday.  The free brochures in the back explain most all of the rules.  Weekends can be a tad slow.  If it starts to get a little boring, mention something like a UniVibe algorithm, or Android support.  We usually schedule a theme party right around NAMM time.

But there are documented and undocumented gems scattered all over the forum here; usually slipped into one of the Eventide staff replies.  I won’t promise any quick cures to for algo-holism – far from it.  Excessive algo consumption is actually encouraged here.  It keeps you off the streets, but may alienate your friends.

Too much of this is true on many levels! frown

Brock…er, Tom…I have some questions for you regarding your presets and preset making ability. I do not know how to contact you outside of the public forum. I have no problem listing my email address but I do not know if there are rules against things like that. Either way, the Eventide moderators will catch it if there are. If you send me a quick email I can send you an email with my questions regarding your presets and preset making ability.  

odd job
        brock wrote:

odd job wrote:

Hey Tom!  Thanks for the invite!!  But, I’m going to have to pass, as the second pedal arrived and I’m deep into algo experimentation.

I haven’t left the house since, and Grub Hub is my only connection with the outside world. I need to go now, my pedals are calling and my pot of coffee is thru brewing  😉

Hi, odd job!

gkellum
      Participant

Note from a moderator:  Mark, I edited your email address out of your post so it wouldn't get picked up by spambots.  Tom should have been sent a notification email with the original post though before I did so.  

Given To Fly
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

Note from a moderator:  Mark, I edited your email address out of your post so it wouldn't get picked up by spambots.  Tom should have been sent a notification email with the original post though before I did so.  

Thank you! I should probably know more about things like spambots, or maybe I’ll just revert back to using a feather quill and parchment. I’ll send thread posts to you via homing pigeons.

brock
      Participant

odd job:  That’s a perfectly normal side effect of Algorithm Overdose.  Soon you’ll have a ZZ Top beard, a mumbling speech pattern, and need posted reminders detailing the current date & month.  Just make absolutely certain that you never run low on coffee.

Given To Fly, er … Mark:  I never did receive any notifications.  We’ll get it hooked up somehow.  Maybe gkellum, … er, Greg can intercede, and make the email address exchange.  An understandable Sign O’ The Times with the email posting policy here.  Sad, but true:  I used to create forum-specific email addresses; not only to compartmentalize, but so that I could deep-six them if anything went South with them.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.