How to use MIDI clock between H9 and Xone:96?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes How to use MIDI clock between H9 and Xone:96?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Neoke
      Participant

Hi, I’m using my H9 with an Allen&Heath Xone:96 as an effect board for DJ sets. Some algorithms benefit from BPM sync with the source (the mixer). I can manually tap in the beat and land my BPM and ‘sync’ the preset with the source signal. But I heard that I can use the MIDI clock from my mixer to automatically sync the BPM. I bought a MIDID cable and connected the MIDI out on the mixer with the MIDI in of the H9. But I can’t find seem to connect the two. The mixer does not get recognized as an input source in any of the settings… any idea? Thanks!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi Neoke,

Did you go into the MIDI section of the System settings on the H9 and set the [CLK IN] to ON?

Neoke
      Participant

Yep, just checked again. Activated it through the iOS app and confirmed in system menu on H9 directly. Attached pics of the MIDI connectors between H9 and Xone.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Neoke
      Participant

Sorry, second pic here

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

According to this article, the MIDI clock capabilities of the XONE were dropped for the 96 model.

https://www.attackmagazine.com/reviews/gear-software/allen-heath-xone96/

Neoke
      Participant

Ah, bummer. Thanks for the research. Do you know by any chance if I could connect the second USB port directly to the H9 USB port? I can assign MIDI to both USB ports on the mixer and I’m wondering if there is a workaround to sync Xone and H9. I can always set BPM to a universal value of my set, but it would be amazing to have it all work together automatically.. Thanks so much for your support!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

This XONE 96 might be a MIDI host capable device, so it might work. Best thing to do is try it out and let us know.

Neoke
      Participant

Copy that. Will try a UBS B to Micro USB direct connection between mixer and H9 and see what happens 🙂

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.