I have 3 H9’s..

Home Forums Products Stompboxes I have 3 H9’s..

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #112810
      salplant
      Member

      I’m pretty familiar with them and have been working with them for a while now, just wondering if i’m missing any cool tips/tricks or any cool preset combinations, or just missing any capabilities i could be using? 

    • #140367
      skywriter
      Participant

      Hi! good question! I like your midi foot controller. I have four H9’s but haven’t put together a framework like yours to coordinate them. One suggestion I might have, that could have been taken care of with your pedal board, is the assignment of aux and performance switches for each of your H9’s. I see you have a pedal, and assume it’s configured as an expression pedal for one (or more) of the H9’s.

      For now, mine are ‘setup’ with no preset configuration. I’m also not using them with only a guitar. For me, it’s a piece (or several pieces) of studio gear for any use. Although I have several rackmount eventides (H3000, GTR4000, H8000FW), the H9’s have that ‘simply accessible’ nature about them that make effects plug-n-play easy for a wide range of use cases.

      • #140374
        salplant
        Member
        SkyWriter wrote:
        Hi! good question! I like your midi foot controller. I have four H9’s but haven’t put together a framework like yours to coordinate them. One suggestion I might have, that could have been taken care of with your pedal board, is the assignment of aux and performance switches for each of your H9’s. I see you have a pedal, and assume it’s configured as an expression pedal for one (or more) of the H9’s. For now, mine are ‘setup’ with no preset configuration. I’m also not using them with only a guitar. For me, it’s a piece (or several pieces) of studio gear for any use. Although I have several rackmount eventides (H3000, GTR4000, H8000FW), the H9’s have that ‘simply accessible’ nature about them that make effects plug-n-play easy for a wide range of use cases.

         

        HI! I’ve never owned racks but I can only imagine the sonic possibilities. I have to agree, the accesibiity of the h9’s makes me feel like I have the world at my feet sometimes lol.

        Unfortunately the mastermind doesn’t really function well as a looper controller, and I wasn’t able to find a midi controller that functioned well as one with the h9 while doing presets/cc messages at the same time, so i use the aux controller mainly as a looper controller, (Stop, Reverse, Record), but is it possible to control multiple H9’s with just 1 aux controller? 

         

      • #140388
        mwe
        Member
        salplant wrote:

        Unfortunately the mastermind doesn’t really function well as a looper controller, and I wasn’t able to find a midi controller that functioned well as one with the h9 while doing presets/cc messages at the same time, so i use the aux controller mainly as a looper controller, (Stop, Reverse, Record), but is it possible to control multiple H9’s with just 1 aux controller? 

        Look at the XMT CC mapping. It lets you map an aux switch to CCs that the H9 will transmit. I don’t think it’s available via H9 Control, you’ll have to dig into the menus on the box. Then you’ll need to map the CCs to your desired functions on the receiving H9. I have an aux switch mapped this way to toggle active/bypass on 2 H9s, works great.

      • #140411
        salplant
        Member
        mwe wrote:

        salplant wrote:

        Unfortunately the mastermind doesn’t really function well as a looper controller, and I wasn’t able to find a midi controller that functioned well as one with the h9 while doing presets/cc messages at the same time, so i use the aux controller mainly as a looper controller, (Stop, Reverse, Record), but is it possible to control multiple H9’s with just 1 aux controller? 

        Look at the XMT CC mapping. It lets you map an aux switch to CCs that the H9 will transmit. I don’t think it’s available via H9 Control, you’ll have to dig into the menus on the box. Then you’ll need to map the CCs to your desired functions on the receiving H9. I have an aux switch mapped this way to toggle active/bypass on 2 H9s, works great.

         

        Show More...

        Thank you, i’ll definitely try that out! 

        Show Less...
    • #140412
      salplant
      Member

      I was also wondering, is there a specific way I should be bypassing them? I have them at DSP + FX. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.