I need a Heart beat

Home Forums Products Stompboxes I need a Heart beat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      DaGuy
      Participant

Well, I don't know where to start but I need to create a heart beat pulse effect.  THANKS in advance!

Big Smile

achaput

Do you already own any Eventide products or are you looking to find one that can do a hearbeat sound?

NikosGuitar

Buy an Eventide and then record your heart beats!Wink

Best,

Nikos

DaGuy
      Participant

Sorry, I forgot to mention I own an H9.

DaGuy
      Participant

With my luck some doctor will hear it and find something wrong. Ignorance is bliss  Big Smile 

Now more seriously, what I'm hoping is that there's some kind of arpegiator or delay effect in the H9 that is up to task.  Any ideas?

gkellum
      Participant

Why is it that you don't want to use a sample of an actual heartbeat?  I remember there being a decent useable heartbeat on one of the tracks from Dark Side of the Moon.  If you're just trying to get sounds that are suggestive of a heartbeat, it could be interesting to experiment with using an actual heart beat as a filter for another sound source via convolution or morphing.  

DaGuy
      Participant

Oh I have no issues with samples, I just didn't know the H9 stompbox has that capability.  Great if it does, I'll go take a look at the manual.

gkellum
      Participant

No, the H9 can't play samples.  It also doesn't have an implementation of convolution or morphing.  I was just throwing out ideas about how you could get the sound you want.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Try this: 

Using a pitchshifter (H910/H949 might work or better yet Harmodulator) shift a guitar down -2 to -3 octaves, and just play the heartbeat rhythm while muting the strings with your left hand, alternating groups of low and high strings.  If you want it to keep going without you doing anything, just do it once with with a long delay and a high feedback.  

DaGuy
      Participant

Thanks Russell, I'll try it tonight and see what happens.

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      If you want it to keep going without you doing anything, just do it once with with a long delay and a high feedback.

I was thinking along similar lines, except using the pitch mix, dual delays and modulation to create the heartbeat rhythm.  Exp pedal control over feedback fades the effect in & out.

HeartBeat

Mix = WET:50-100

Pitch Mix = A5+B10

Pitch A = A:  -2oct

Pitch B = B:  -2oct

Delay A = A:  1/8

Delay B = B:  1/8*

(encoder) = HMODLTR / TMP: ON

Depth / Key = DP: – 30c

Speed / Scale = SPD:  1/8

Xnob = SQUARE

Ynob = FBK:  50-100

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.