I want a bypass patch

Home Forums Products Stompboxes I want a bypass patch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      terich
      Participant

I’m looking for a patch that does nothing and doesn’t color the sound at all. I know, sounds dumb, but I have two H9s controlled with a midi setup and I have it rigged so they toggle on and off together (makes controlling them live easier.) For a lot of songs, though, I only need one effect, so I need the other one to have no impact on the sound.

Right now I use a patch set to a flat EQ setting, but the high-end drops out quite a bit. Is there a good patch I can select that doesn’t do anything at all, and doesn’t color the sound in any way?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you save any preset when bypassed, and then load it from a MIDI PC, it will load bypassed. This may be what you need.

terich
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

If you save any preset when bypassed, and then load it from a MIDI PC, it will load bypassed. This may be what you need.

Ah, sorry, I should have specified I use one midi switch to toggle the H9s on and off, so even if I saved the effect off, when I hit the toggle the effect would kick in and then change the tone.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        terich wrote:

I should have specified I use one midi switch to toggle the H9s on and off, so even if I saved the effect off when I hit the toggle the effect would kick in and then change the tone.

Off the top of my head, maybe the Looper algorithm? It might not work but worth a try.

Set the MIDI mapping for "Toggle between active and bypass" instead of "Left Footswitch" because the Left Footswitch can trigger Recording

bohan
        Eventide Staff

Or SpaceTime with Mix of 0?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.