Ideas for a new Eventide’s product

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Ideas for a new Eventide’s product

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 56 reply threads
  • Author
      NikosGuitar

Hi!

We asked power supplies  for our Eventide Stompboxes, and the good people of Eventide

made us the grace!

We really thank them!

Power supplies which can power the Eventide Stompboxes,plus we can mount them underneath ours pedalboards!

Other species such as known, musicians are a little greedySmile

before reporting my greed, I would like to stress that from now and then i can't imagine my tone without my Suhr (guitar,OD/DIST/BOOST pedals) and Eventide stompboxes and…one beautiful day an Eventide Hseries Rack!

So,we have to ask from Eventide a Midi foot controller which can store our presets PLUS

it can change the routings of the stompboxes…and many more!Big Smile

Here are all my dreams…!

Imagine a midi foot controller that you can connect the Eventide stompboxes and having the ability to change the routings of the stompboxes.

We all know that we can put the ModFactor before the TimeFactor with great results,as we can put the ModFactor after TimeFactor.or we can put the PitchFactor before all or after them e.t.c…

and with each routings we have great different results!

in series or parallel!

Even have an expression pedal that can keeps control over one or two or all Stompboxes, with a  Tap tempo swich which synchronizes them all in one Tempo.and even a button that can adjust to make the extra functions that  the Eventide Stompboxes offer as Flex,Repeat,HotSwich…e.t.c…

Even if it may have the opportunity to connect to it the other stomps that we have,and with something like this, we can have the ability to control the amp's channel switching,having presets with the analog pedals blended with the Eventide stompboxes!

If i only dream,wake up me…

If you want something like this,support it and ask it!

if you have more thoughts,suggest them…

ctc

Beautiful dream! If I may continue, it should also have 10 IA switches with LED indicators(8 to replace my amp's footswitch, and 2 for TF repeat and tap tempo)(these could also be programmed by the user to be any number of PC switches), 5 PC switches with LED indicators (for changing programs/sounds within a song)(these could be programmed by the user to be IA switches), bank up and a bank down buttons (for changing banks of presets to the next song), a large 24 character backlit 3-line display (showing bank number, song name, preset name/number, active IA switch name/number, expression pedal assignment, and active link status to other pedals), 2 quarter inch stereo inputs for expression pedals (programmable by preset), port to link multiple such devices together, phantom powerable through a 7-pin cable…oh yes, and a button to order another drink from the waitress.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Some cool ideas here…. lets keep them comingBig Smile

For me, the Factors are fantastic devices, but … I would like a more flexible aproach to routing and placement of effects. I use an Axe-FX Ultra, but still love and prefer the Eventide "Flavour" or "Colour" that is in the Eventide effects for things like BandDelays, Reverbs and the whacky stuff that Eventide do sooooo well.

The sort of things I would love to see would be a device where you could freely route a number of effects together and save them in different orders … kind of like the M series from Line6… BUT with the much better algorithms that only Eventide can provide.

This puts us into the realms of …. an Eclipse in stomp box form….which WOULD be very cool.

The biggest problem for me, would be that the interface would have to be much more simple than the Eclipse, don't get me wrong…. I love my Eclipse, but it is not the easiest thing to program….it is more of a find a preset and use that kind of a device and I do not have a problem with this.

Seems a cool way for Eventide to continue making money from the Eclipse R&D by porting it to a Foot multiFX  form size.

Speaking of the  Eclipse it will also be interesting to see what happens
      to the Eclipse going forward. It sounds incredible, it really is
      amazing ….it is over 10 years old and it STILL blows a lot of the
      other units out of the water…. I wonder if an Eclipse II is on the
      cards??

NikosGuitar

Ηonestly,

I do not want Eventide to make a floorbased format of the Eclipse,like the TC G-System,before made to us(stompbox users)a dedicated looper "LoopFactor",and a pre-preamp pedal"GainFactor"(with overdrives,distortion,compressor,sustainer,noise gate,…)

Plus

what i had already posted at this post!

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Fair enough, I will leave you to discuss it then, sorry for bothing you

NikosGuitar

No,No,…you don't bothering us badmelonfarmer!

That's the topic: "Ideas for a new Eventide's product"

Well done and expressed what you would like from the Eventide!

That's why we have the forum for…!

What I wanted to say was that I would like some more things before Eventide made a floorbased Eclipse!

I am not that rich,that i can buy every Eventide product!

That's why i asked for an Eventide stompboxe's midi controller with routing capability!

I am a type of guy that i want to take the most of my stuff before moving to another one!

And i want to close this post,saying that the good people at Eventide knows better what they can do and make than all of us!

Thank you again Eventide for the tone that i have with your products!

I do not know what to say to thank you!

Nikos

guitarlesson

You want Eventide product ideas? Well here's one:

if there should ever be a "Factor Mk II" series of pedals, I think it would be awesome to add digital I/O along with the analog I/O. This way, the factor pedals could become like one pedal with an all digital signal path and only one A/D or D/A conversion process. (Granted, I doubt even my dog could hear the difference with the quality converters inside the Factors, but hey, I'm picky.) As an added bonus, I THINK data could be sent through the digital cables on a separate channel from the audio, eliminating the need for MIDI cables. Also a 1/4" cable could be strung from the analog out of the first pedal to the in of the last to maintain a pure analog relay bypass option.

Sadly, this hardware upgrade would only benefit NEW factor pedal owners, but it would rock nonetheless.

timothyhill

Being able to pass audio digitally between Factors would be a welcome addition. I agree, too, that my dog probably couldn't hear the difference (he's likely got hearing damage already, though). To me, this would be more of a concern in recording usage, but not so much in an amp loop (or in front). Still, I'd prefer to keep A/D/A conversions to a minimum.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

NikosGuitar:

No,No,…you don't bothering us badmelonfarmer!

That's the topic: "Ideas for a new Eventide's product"

Well done and expressed what you would like from the Eventide!

That's why we have the forum for…!

What I wanted to say was that I would like some more things before Eventide made a floorbased Eclipse!

I am not that rich,that i can buy every Eventide product!

That's why i asked for an Eventide stompboxe's midi controller with routing capability!

I am a type of guy that i want to take the most of my stuff before moving to another one!

And i want to close this post,saying that the good people at Eventide knows better what they can do and make than all of us!

Thank you again Eventide for the tone that i have with your products!

I do not know what to say to thank you!

Nikos

Hey Nikos,

Appologies then,  I misunderstood your post.Embarrassed

thanks for clarifying, I appreciate it

Cheers

Martin

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

timothyhill:

Being able to pass audio digitally between Factors would be a welcome addition. I agree, too, that my dog probably couldn't hear the difference (he's likely got hearing damage already, though). To me, this would be more of a concern in recording usage, but not so much in an amp loop (or in front). Still, I'd prefer to keep A/D/A conversions to a minimum.

Some people seem to be averse to running multiple factor for this reason, although in practice I have not seen any issues personally. the AD converters in the factors are very good at what they do IMHO

Cheers

Martin

Har
      Participant

When I got my first Factor pedal (PitchFactor), one of the first things I found myself wishing for was S/PDIF i/o so as to allow for more potential interfacing options within my recording rig; when I got Space it became even more desirable as I would've loved to have been able to have the option to slot it in somewhere either amongst my rack units (most of which are connected via S/PDIF already)…or as far as direct connectivity to/from my computer's DAW software via my soundcard's S/PDIF I/O.

In my own case, it's as much as desire to keep as clean a signal path as possible as it is to get that "differences only a dog can hear" kind of thing Wink  ….I've found the more equipment I have connected via S/PDIF, the less likely my signal seems susceptible to environmental stuff like 60Hz hum, RF interference, etc.

timothyhill:

caveman
      Participant

badmelonfarmer:

This puts us into the realms of …. an Eclipse in stomp box form….which WOULD be very cool.

OH

MY

GOD

If this hits the market, I will surely be broke.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We thought about S/PDIF out which is easy, but ran out of panel space. S/PDIF in would add to the cost, and some consider our pedals expensive already.

timothyhill

badmelonfarmer:

Some people seem to be averse to running multiple factor for this reason, although in practice I have not seen any issues personally. the AD converters in the factors are very good at what they do IMHO 

I think it's just a psychological issue (or at least it is with me). I've never had any problems running all four Factors together, either. And yeah, the converters in the Factors are as good as I've seen in any pedal and better than most. Better than a lot of low-to-mid-range studio equipment, too, IMHO.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

nickrose:

We thought about S/PDIF out which is easy, but ran out of panel space. S/PDIF in would add to the cost, and some consider our pedals expensive already.

Thanks Nick, understand.

Stoopid dumb user question……..

could you use a standard 1/4inch jack to suply SPDIF?? ie you change something in the interface to tell the box to send SPDIF over the 1/4inch jack rather than analogue??

Then use a 1/4inch Jack to RCA cable to conenct into a standard RCA SPDIF?

just thinkning aloud and wondering if there is a technical reason why something like that would not work or not be preferable??

Obviously it is not possible on the existing platform, but just wondered.

Cheers

Martin

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

timothyhill:

badmelonfarmer:

I think it's just a psychological issue (or at least it is with me). I've never had any problems running all four Factors together, either. And yeah, the converters in the Factors are as good as I've seen in any pedal and better than most. Better than a lot of low-to-mid-range studio equipment, too, IMHO.

Absolutely agree 100%

Cheers

Martin

timothyhill

nickrose:

Yeah, that's about what I'd guessed. And I agree with the decision, too. While these aren't exactly $50 generic stompboxes, I don't think they're terribly expensive, either. Sure, they're not cheap, but considering the sound quality and versatility, they're a great deal. I think one would have to spend a lot more buying a number of pedals to get close to the versatility, and it still wouldn't sound as good.

I'll gladly sacrifice SPDIF connectivity in order to keep the Factors more easily accessible to the average working musician.

Har
      Participant

I do gotta say I really like the idea of some kind of  dedicated "LoopFactor" pedal somewhere on the future horizon so I could get some more of my Inner Fripp on! Wink

Perhaps something similar to the stereo sample/looping I see available in the H-series rack units, with pitch-shifting, time-stretching, tap-tempo, reverse looping, huge gobs of memory  space for very long stereo loops, etc.

Plus the usual abilities to sync it up via MIDI to other Factor pedals (oh man, just the thought of something like this sync'ed via MIDI Clock to pitched delays coming out of my PitchFactor and the various tempo-based parameters of my Space gets my pulse racing….)

The ability to do both Frippertronics-esque delay-based looping (that slowly fades and/or mutates in various interesting ways over time) as well as Boomerang-ish phrase looping with that Eventide sonic quality would truly be a beautiful thing….. Cool

Imerkat
      Participant

For the Midi controller routing thing i've found the Musicom Lab EFX MK III. for the Routing option Moen Effects makes a couple of them. But i come to accept that no company is going to provide routing/looping/preset-recall that fits my needs and the masses.

The guy to call for this is Bob Bradshaw, from custom Audio Electronics, but he won't return my messages!! Angry

NEW PRODUCT IDEA -What i would like to see is something like the "Freqfactor" a digital recreation for the MF-107. I've been slowing shying from analog devices due to their plethora of limitations i don't wanna get into…Confused It's inevitable that one of these modelling companies is going to jump on it! Line 6, Roland, Behringer, the losers at digitech; I rather have it done right the first time by the good people of Eventide Embarrassed

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

imerkat:

…the losers at digitech

Personally I have no real opinion about digitech, …..but that is funny!

Big Smile

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

badmelonfarmer:

could you use a standard 1/4inch jack to suply SPDIF?

We probably could, but I would expect that we would (rightfully) get a lot of abuse for a non-standard connector.

Har
      Participant

Not to mention, you just KNOW that no matter how clearly you might label it like "S/PDIF" or "DIGITAL I/O" – there's always gonna be someone who'll just see the 1/4" jack, try to plug it into their amp and start crying "Hey, why isn't this working?" Wink

(or worse: "Hey, 'digital' means it's cleaner right? So I thought plugging it into my amp would give me an even cleaner sound!"   LOL)

nickrose:

badmelonfarmer:

We probably could, but I would expect that we would (rightfully) get a lot of abuse for a non-standard connector.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

nickrose:

badmelonfarmer:

Understood and agree, it was more of just a thought about technology than a feature request.

NikosGuitar

+1Yes

I have the Boomerang Rang3 and i really like it,but an Eventide LoopFactor with the functions that only Eventide can give…ohh…this will be amazing!Big Smile

guitarlesson

I have an idea that I PROMISE Eventide will never do. Here it is…

All the Factors are essentially the same, with the exception of the Space which has a different display and other minor differences. I would not doubt (though I cannot confirm for fear of voiding warranties) that the guts inside them are exactly the same. Maybe some extra RAM in one or the other. (I suspect) the Factors are essentially identical computers with different operating systems and that's it. So I imagine a Utopian, pie in the sky scenario where Eventide makes just ONE pedal that can be flashed to make it whatever system you want it to be. Then they sell a licence, say $99, for each system software package.

This wont happen because…

A. Certain companies like Apple, etc., have proven that hardware sales are more profitable than software sales, which is why they give away so much of the consumer software, but charge so much for machines.

B. Piracy.

marcoshaman

My dream would be to have an Eventide Filter Factor !  

golfnguitarz

Happy MF user here, but since we're wishing, I just want the ability to route MF patches to either the front of the amp or the loop from the same unit. It might be expensive to implement (don't know for sure), but in terms of flexibility, that is the only additional thing I want from my MF.

Cheers.

guitarlesson

I do appreciate a pre-distortion phaser for that Eruption sound.

Yep I prefer wah, phaser and flanger before a dirty amp, chorus, pitch,delay and everything else in the loop.

golfnguitarz

+1 Exactly.

Wonder if they could reroute the plug used for stereo to the loop? That would avoid having to add an extra input. Dunno, there is probably alot more to consider.

cowudders
      Participant

Different idea…. what about a VSIGfactor?

Can't see this happening for obvious marketing reasons, but _this_ would really be something great and fresh!!

all the best, bernd (a happy PF user)

cowudders
      Participant

sorry double post (couldn't figure out this quick reply thing)

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Agreed, but only really see the need on a device that is more complex and has more options…. like a multiFactor or EclipseFactor … type of thing.

cowudders
      Participant

think nord modular … no way to edit this thing via onboard controllers.

use (in worst case, because of it's complexity) VSig to build the algorithm and layout the controllers, upload the patch and there you go.

For the non-programming dudes Eventide could even offer programs for it, but they should keep it open for those who do program.

tucky

I would like to see a software editor like the Vyzor software that TC has for its G system. It enables you to see all the parameters for a preset on the screen as separate sliders, edit them and save them, and name all your patches.

The sys ex software that we have to use as a librarian system for Factor pedals, while good in being able to name and move presets is hopeless for any deeper editing. Come on! In this day and age of computer apps surelt Eventide can come up with a great software interface for its pedals and rack units.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

it's far from perfect, but you can edit the knob positions on the latest versions of FactorLib and firmware versions of the factor pedals.

tucky

Really? I have a new SPACE and Timefactor and am running Factor Lib V1.8. Can't see anything in the software or the Factor Lib manual which says you can edit presets using Factor Lib?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

don't have them in front of me, but there is a way to get a of the knobs on the screen where the knobs have pointers on showing where they are set to.

I think you may have to have the pedal connected at the same time, I usually use a Mac…just tried it on windows, without a pedal connected and I could not see the option…so it is either you need the pedal connected or mac only….my guess is you need the pedal connected.

EdDrake
      Participant

Like BMF said make sure the MIDI cable is plugged into the pedal. Look up in one of the menus for Console that's where you can edit the knobs. Like BMF I've seen this on Mac so I assume it's there in Windows too.

I've played around with the Console some but other than the relative knob positions, I don't recall that you can actually see the knob's number values change on the screen but I only played around with it briefly, maybe they change on the pedal itself.

If the knob values don't display on the computer then I'm requesting this for a future update of FL.

roverdog
      Participant

I like the idea of a Preamp/OD/Distortion factor pedel but would also go for one if it was only OD|/Distortion without preamps. 

To save the  resulting tap dance with having five factor pedals on the floor(plus the resulting expression pedels and AUX switches) maybe expand that idea further and develop something like the BOSS GT-10 floor unit.  It could have all the factor pedal effects, plus the Preamps/ODs, with the ability to play at least five effects at the same time(one from each pedal).  The unit would be great if it had most(if not all) the factory presets, plus some blank slots to save user presets.

I don't have an Eclipse but it almost sounds like I'm asking for one housed in a floor unit!

Steve

marcoshaman

+1 for a multifactor pedal !

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

I have been thinking more about this "MultiFactor" thing and a few more thoughts occurred to me.

The FactorPedals (with the exception of Space) are usually a single type of effect eg digital delay, phaser, chorus etc and this is great for when you want a particular effect…especially coming from a pedal based background or setup…this si what you are used to.

The Eclipse and the H series come from a very different approach in they are more "Preset" based, although they do contain the basic delays, phasers etc the real magic comes when they are mixed together by the magicians at eventide.

It would be cool for the MultiFactor to allow both of these approaches as there are  a lot of people who will want to set up a simple chain like:-

Compressor>Chorus>Delay>Reverb

But then there are those of us who will want the more complex signal routing that the bigger rack units deliver.

To achieve both of these approaches would be quite a challenge, especially for the interface…keeping it simple enough….yet also allowing deep dive configuration.

Other have achieved this to a greater or lesser degree, so I am sure that Eventide could do it, if it was in their business plans to do so.

Another thing that would be great to see is some great Amp modelling in this unit, there are others who do this, I know, but they all seem limited in different ways.

shredus

A ''MultiFactor'' would be pretty cool… an amazingly powerful tool I would imagine…

But… I think I'd prefer to call it a ''MuthaFactor''   Big Smile

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

yeah, like the name!

guitarlesson

First of all, to keep this thread positive, let me say I think a "Mutlifactor" would be amazingly cool.

That said…

I would bever be able to afford it. I can barely afford $400-$500. In this economy and with my income, I'm lucky to have $200 of expendable income a month, and sometimes I like to go to a movie or eat a burger. I managed to get the two Factors I have because only I managed to find them used. $400-$500 is good though. I can conceivably swing that if I save up, and because the pedals are separate, I can pick them up one at a time, spreading out the cost.

So, Eventide, please keep (or lower?) the price point, keeping the price point achievable for guys like me.

Imerkat
      Participant

+1 on the "Poor Factor"

roverdog
      Participant

I love my PF and Space and Eventide's ongoing support with their updates.  However, sooner or later, the architecture of the units will be come outdated and new Factor pedals with even more processing power will be developed.

I decided to start this thread so that we can ask for what we feel should be in the next version of Factor Pedals. 

For starters I would love all the pedals to have four(maybe even five) footswitches instead of three.  This would allow, for example, a switch where you can go down through the presets as well as up on the PitchFactor.

A bigger display so that more information on expression pedal and hot switch setting is displayed when more than one parameter is being controled.

These two suggestions would mean the pedals would be bigger(maybe two inces wider to accomodate the extra footswitch)  This could allow extra space on the back for adding a second Aux switch and expression pedal.

A another function would be to add user presets to the factor pedals.  The factory presets could include blank presets where you can build your own so that you don't have to overwrite any of the other factory presets when you creat one.

For the Pitchfactor 2, I would love it to have the ability to do eight voice inteligent harmonies, as well as having User definably scales.  I would also love to add user definable Arpeggios and user definable rhythms for the HarPeggiator.

For the Space 2 I would like to add a Chamber Reverb to go along with the Hall and Room.

I don't have a TimeFactor or ModFactor yet so I really can't add anything for them but I would love to be able to run a chorus, phase shifter and flanger at the same time on a ModFactor 2.

Thanks

madeski
      Participant

I would love to see a full on multi-effects floor processor. It'd be cool to have something like the line 6 m13 or any of the digitech multi units where there's different banks and you can switch the effects on and off at your whim. Or maybe even something with like 5 bank switches so you can make one or two banks for each song in a set and dial in levels, compression and so on. I have no idea what something like that would retail for, but I'm sure Eventide would do it up proper. I'd be willing to spend over a grand on it considering I've already spent around that for 3 of the factors. I don't know that it'd be cost effective though because I don't think enough people would be willing to fork over that kind of cash when similar units are around $500. I guess people just don't know quality. haha

golfnguitarz

Unless the unit has the ability to route effects either before the preamp or in the amp's effect loop, I think it would be a waste of time and not differentiate the product enough from the rest IMHO. I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but I think as far as modulations go, it is a must have.

While its fun to speculate on something like this, how likely is it that Eventide would even consider it? Wouldn't that start stepping on their rack units (not too familiar with those products).

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Agreed on the routing perspective….it would need to be able to freely route the effects IMHO.

They could produce a floor and a rack unit of the same device … like the Pod series does….it would reach a larger market in that it would appeal to rack and stomp users.

roverdog
      Participant

Does a Multi unit have to have Preamp and OD/Distortion? 

A multieffect floor unit with just the effects(and maybe a few more similar algos) from the Factor Series would interest me.

Steve

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

OD, distortion etc  IMHO is a must….not necessarily for use as a standard stomp, but it makes interesting additions to effects to nasty up say a rotary effect or use in reverb …mangledverb etc. 

Imerkat
      Participant

that's the question I ask myself when I read these threads- Can't Rack systems do that?

when you begin adding routing options, multi amp/guitar setups, most if not all the options mention here can be done at the current moment. it will just cost you pretty penny!

Not to preach but I thought Stomp-boxes were a way to avoid those types of setups. My personal goal is to be able to plug straight into the PA system without sonic compromise. Some people believe tube amps will never be outdone by digital processors (I currently still use wet-dry setup with a Gibson tube amp but I would love to leave it a home)

What I would like to see is suggestions for completely new sound effects(?)

Maybe effects that actually sounded like their analogies? Growling, Chain saw, splatter, hydraulics, Thunder…So I guess my suggestion is a Sound Effects-Factor.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Yes they can, but they are not as easy to program and, like you say….expensive.

Look what Line6 did with the M series and the POD series…best of both worlds as far as GUI is concerned…… but seriously lacking in the tonal department….this is where I much prefer Eventide effects they are much higher quality and more distinctive.

I agree with the plugging into the PA approach… I started doing this about 3 years ago and will not go back….so much easier

CP

Hello

For quite some time now I've been looking for a pedal style substitute for my rack FX gear. I've been using an Intellifex ( which I really love despite its old school converters etc)  and similar stuff for a long time now, and like most people, I want to get rid of rack gear.

However, not a single manufacturer seems to offer just that – a simple, no frills multi FX in a small sized , pedal board friendly unit. You get all sorts of overdimensioned mid qualiot stuff with built in volume pedals etc like the Boss GTs, Zoom, Digitech etc, but that is NOT what a lot of people need. There was the great Yamaha UD stomp – but it lacked reverb and was a bit cumbersome, and their great magicstomp lacked a crucial element : midi.

The size of the Eventide stompboxes is ideal, but none of the 4 models offer what I need – a multi FX. I need some basic stuff like in the intellifex – a good reverb, a great chorus, some delays and possibly a trem or some gadget like a vibe, but that would be luxury. It would need midi though, and I could even eliminate the foot switches as I would midi control the unit with presets via a midi switcher.

I'd like multi algorithms as well as single FX, like if you'd need a special, long and  CPU consuming reverb, there's be a reverb only alorithm etc. Also, absolutely no need for what has become sort of a nuisance in my books – cheap sounding digital amp modeling .

I do not quite understand the eventide policy in the case of this otherwise great series of stomps, as for my taste, all the 4 units are too specialized in their own fields, and do not cater for a more general use. I've talked to a lot of people about this and with everyone going with pedalboards these days, there's a real need for a pedal board friendly, high quality, no frills multi FX unit.  Some basic and practical high quality time based FX with a good interface, a small casing and midi – it would sell like crazy I'm sure.

Any plans in that direction, Eventide?

Thanks for reading and curious about your response

best

Claude

EdDrake
      Participant

I also requested something like this a while ago and for me it would be incredible as I am always trying to have more sounds available and carry less equipment.

A while ago I suggested a "greatest hits" Eventide stompbox, something that would have the most common (ie popular?) efx from all of the Eventide stompboxes. You could include basic mod (phase, chorus, tremelo), delay, pitch shift and reverb efx and it would be extra nice if it had some multi algorithms (like chorus plus delay, shimmer, etc). Of course it wouldn't be as deep as any of the individual stomp boxes and it likely wouldn't be perfect for everyone but there is definitely a need for this. I would love to use all of the Eventide boxes but $ and floor space are always an issue and the nightmare of controlling all of them live would be a daunting task. I am currently playing a gig where I have very little stage area available so a box like this would be incredible.

The biggest problem for a multi effects box like this is going to be getting a good consensus of what effects should be in it. Since everyone uses different effects I bet people will like the idea of a multi box like this but there will always be something missing since you can't please everyone.

Eventide, are you listening?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

we have been discussing this in this thread, thread merged for ease

Viewing 56 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.