Ideas for future Timefactor update

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Ideas for future Timefactor update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 186 reply threads
  • Author
      larrym
      Participant

Hello, This is my first post here.

I love the new updates (both beta versions). They have made my life easier already. I have some other ideas and would like to see if anyone else shares the same thoughts. Dan these are the same that I emailed you about.

1 I use both units with a Midi controller and I had to make preset 1:1 my bypass preset. This works but when I am not using any effects both unist are still on. IF would be great if you could switch the units into bypass mode from midi. or just be able to store a preset in the off mode waiting to be turned on. THis would only make sense if you where switching preset through a midi controller.

2 Naming things. Either the option to name your presets or at least have a display that says
      [ 1:2 V 480 ] for Time factor. V meaning Vintage, D meaning Digital, M meaning Mod, Mu meaning Multi Tap and so on. That tells me more about the preset than either bank 1:2 or in the other mode Vintage Dly does.

It would be nice to have a display read out like rack effects units so that you can look at it and have a better understanding of what's about to come out. At least be able to tell what the tempo or delay time is going to be. I know that you can do this by taping the
      tap tempo button once but sometimes on stage you just don't have that much time. I could also use a bigger midi controller with a big read out. But I am using a a very small one the Axess Electronics MFC5. (It's all about getting on a plane with my whole rig these days). But I also like to be able to switch on the fly. It woudl just make life a little easier .

Any thoughts?

Thanks
      Larry

Mike33

Hi Larry

I switch my Timefactor into Bypass via MIDI.

I tried to explain my settings to another Timefactor user here as well but it did not work on his setup. I will write my settings here as soon I have the time to verify my Timefactor and MIDI controller. It could be that I looked wrongly…

Give me a few days and I will let you exactly know how I do it…

Michael 

larrym
      Participant

Hi Michael,
      Thanks, I look forward to hearing how you have your TF set up to do this. It would be great.

Larry

kanifi

thx mike can't wait to have your setting

cyilCool 

CSmith

I'd like the the TF to be capable of the "Volume Swell" effect like the Line 6 DL-4. Ought to be a way to achieve with Duc-delay or reverse but can't be done, YET.

Roobin

For the larrym:

F would be great if you could switch the units into bypass mode from midi. or just be able to store a preset in the off mode waiting to be turned on

what do you mean by 'off mode'? As in 'it would be great to navigate to a preset whilst playing through another preset so all I have to do is press a button to load the preset'? 

For idea #2, surely the LEDs at the side of the billboard are there to give instant notificaiton of the mode? If the bill board started scrolling then it would be annoying in a live situation where you'd have to keep watching the billboard. Unless you mean on the MIDI controller itself?

larrym
      Participant

Nope, I mean if i go to preset 4 on my controller and it has delay then go preset 5 and I want that to not have any delay then right now I have to make that preset effect level all the way off. Dry only. It would be great to have my midi controller switch the TIme factor and my Mod Factor go into BYPASS. as in no effect like stepping on the the active /effect on off switch. In searching the net, I have read that some people have gotten this to work. I have been trying by using CC messages as the manual says. But I am not having much luck.

Thanks
      Larry

Roobin

Hmm so stepping on/off the preset button isn't working…You can dedicate a midi switch that toggles Bypass/Active, but that's a bit frustrating considering you can normally step on/off to toggle.How have you mapped the program changes? Using RCV MAP?

Mike33

To switch the TF into Bypass via MIDI I do the following.

On the TF go into the MIDI Menu then go to RCV CTL and there set the value like this:

BYP < C20
        (C20 means CC20) CC stands for MIDI continuous
      controller commands.

On my MIDI Footcontroler when I send a CC20 to the TF the TF goes into Bypass.
      Works  great for me. Of course you can use every CCnumber you like. 20 was just a sample.

larrym
      Participant

Thanks Mike33 I will give that a try. I did try going into the CC area. I must have missed a step somewhere. Thanks for your help.

Roobin,
      I have a switching system setup so that everything changes with one button on my midi controller. The idea is to hit one button and the timefactor modfactor presets change as well as overdrive go on or off etc…. But I have patches where I don't want the time factor or the modfactor on. I can switch to those presets and then(as you suggest) quickly step on the the bypass switch ON each of those units but that would involve too much tap dancing. I don't want to do. Right now I have made presets with %100 DRY no effect in those spots where I want those units to to be bypassed,
      I am trying to have (like some people have been able to do now) my midi controller tell the Time and Mod Factors to switch to bypass (the same as the on off switch on the actual units being pressed).

If you are not changing your Time factor presets by midi then I don't think you will understand walk I am talking about. But thanks for trying to help.

Larry

Roobin

Unfortunately, I'm no MIDI expert, so yes, this is out of my experience. Hope you get it working.

JNPMusic

I stated this earlier but I think it's worth another try!
      Now that we have 20 banks of program patches I think it would be nice to have the option of assigning the tap/hold for play button to toggle between two banks of 10 instead of it going into manual mode. this way you have 2 sets of ten with the flexibility of scrolling through 2 different banks of your choice faster than banking through all 20. Plus it gives you the chance to save 2 separate bank sets for different situations.

Just a thought!

JP

johnhruska

Hello everyone, first post for me here in the Timefactor forum. The only update that I would like to see to the TF at this point in time would be faster rate time for the modulation. It does some really nice modulation settings as it is, but I need faster rate settings to bring in the crazy.

Thanks!!

mkl...

co-sign on this oneSmile

Roobin

Perhaps an aux switch setting instead of holding down stuff?

rickwil61

I'd like to see a volume swell feature added like the Line 6 DL-4 has.  That would be really useful for me.

dissever

Writing names for the patches would be great.

Also some way to switch between milliseconds and bpm. I know when using the tap tempo you get bpm but when using the time knob in bank mode it only displays in milliseconds and I have to do converisons using my other delay pedal. 

A bank/play mode hybrid would be really nice. Like having two presets as in bank mode but having the third switch do tap tampo instead of bank selection.

I mentioned in the bugs thread that the bypass still isnt seemless when in dsp/trail mode. It is very noticable when playing with distortion using the pedal in an effx loop. I do alot of quick delay uses which is why the trail options was a necesity but I usally hit the pedal on and off with the beat of the music. If you hit a note at the same time a you hit the bypass you get a lag. 

dissever

As mentioned in another thread

Alot of times I want loud repeats without affecting my dry signal. When the pedal is in an effx loop and you have the delay over 50% it cuts the dry signal too much. I can see the use for 100% wet sound with some settings (filters etc..) but more often I like loud delays with a consistent dry signal. Maybe some way to have the mix knob function as al level knob

rickwil61

Something that I think would be useful is the ability to swap patch locations. For instance suppose that you are arranging patches for an upcoming gig and you only need to activate the first 5 banks but you have a patch in bank 8:2 that you want to use. It would be nice if you could save patch 8:2 into patch 4:1 (for example) and have the timefactor move the patch you are overwriting to patch 8:2. I think this would greatly help in managing patches.

Thanks,

Rick

jnorris
      Participant

I have the same exact requirements as disserver regarding the volume drops.  It was resolved by updating to the beta version.  Hope this helps.

jnorris
      Participant

You should be able to do this using Midiox. If you go into the Midi section there is an option to do a dump of individual presets.

rickwil61

"You should be able to do this using Midiox. If you go into the Midi section there is an option to do a dump of individual presets."

If this was in response to my request concerning swapping patches then I understand what you're saying but it would require plugging the computer in all the time.  If the timefactor could do this on its own then once you get your patches defined then you could move them around as needed on the fly.  The Boss GT8 has this capability and I found it quite useful for easily preparing for a gig when I used to use a GT8.

gregovertone
      Participant

for the looper feature….

i would love to see reverse added.

just being able to take a loop, and perhaps use an aux switch, trigger it to play in reverse.

that would be terrific.

6string

It's an awesome pedal, but these updates would really be useful… I'm a bit surprised  (shocked really) that the following features are not there.

1) The ability to reverse a loop, and perhaps have delay available when looping.

2) Faster modulation speeds.

3) Naming presets. 

woonk

Low res delay would be nice. I can?t match the ones from my line 6 dl4 with the time factor[:'(]

any set up to have the low res???

Johny

I suggest to add a new option to bypass this unit.

The standard option of dsp+relay when you bypass it the delay tial is still going

eventhoug you bypass it off so If I have some preset that has a long

feedback that is no way to shut delay tail down out of turn feedback knob to 0.

My idea is double active switch to shut the delay tail in dsp+bypass mode like Boss DD-20 did when you need to quickly turn the feedback off.

Just for my idea and sorry for my bad english.

Thank you Eventide

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

If you're trying to adjust the delay with fine resolution (1 msec), you can do so using the encoder as described on Pages 24 and 25 of the User Guide under the heading "Adjusting Tempo & Tweaking Delays."

Roobin

Turn the mode knob to Vintage Delay, then turn the Xnob right and listen.

yotam
      Participant

Faster rate for the modulation will be great. 

Roobin

As well as faster rate perhaps greater depth as well? Sometimes I like slow and deep. 

Also, I would find an 'Undo' function on the looper to be extremely useful – being a bit of a newbie to looping, if I finally get something good and in time down, I inevitably muck it up by playing my overdub incorrectly. Undo would be perfect! Perhaps hold down left and middle footswitches for this function, or an Aux SW assignment? 

And finally, this one may be impossible, but it's worth asking: I recently hooked up the TF to Reaper (a multi-track PC recording software), and was using the TF as a midi controller. Firstly very cool, but I would have enjoyed using the Encoder/Mode knob for things like track selection, thus freeing up one of the pots. Is it possible to use the Encoder as part of the midi controller, or is it limited to knobs only?

Thanks!

hlwilson3rd

I love the pedal! Someone finally did a digital delay pedal correctly. On my wish list for a future update would be a setting that would do the "Circular Delay" settings found on the PCM70. Here's a great explanation (borrowed from another forum):

Circular Delays:

This one is a bit more complicated, but it's not as magic or special as many think, because other units can do this one too.

It's a 3 tap delay ( so it's one delay with 3 taps, and NOT 3 individual delays as many, including I, thought in the past ). No high or low cut on this one either.

The first delay is 292ms, damped 3db, and panned to the right

Second one is 584ms, and panned to the left.

Third one is 888ms, and panned to the middle.

The way it's panned etc, it sounds like the echos cross from one side
      to the other in a circular manner. If you would record a stereo clip of
      this preset, and then convert it to mono, the repeats would appear to
      come in groups of three. The first one (292ms) is damped 3db ( which is
      like cutting the volume in half), the second one (584ms) is not damped
      and is 3db louder than the 292ms, and the last one (888ms) is 3db
      louder than the 584ms.

So each repeat in a group of three gets twice as loud (3db) than the
      previous one. The reason for the last (888ms) getting twice as loud as
      the one before (584ms), is because its' panned to the middle, which
      means it's sounding through both left and right, instead of just one.
      When forcing this to mono, it means that this third (888ms) repeat gets
      twice as loud as the second (584ms) because the second is only sounding
      through one speaker.

Thanks,

H.L. Wilson 

IDeangelis

That's probably beyond the scope of this pedal as it's providing quite a number of different fx. To have 6 delay lines the Tfactor should very likely give up many of the current effects it offers…..

Circular Delays (and much more) are available in all reck Eventide units BTW.

cheers

hlwilson3rd

6 delay lines? Would it not be only 3? One left, one right and one center? 

IDeangelis

The preset on the Pcm70 uses 3 of the 6 voices available in the algorithm. Still too large to keep the current fx in.

I

pdouds

+1 on the naming presets, that really sucks not being able to name them.

Vibrolux
      Participant

+1

Naming presets would be helpful. Perhaps via editor software?

Joerg 

I'm all for the naming of presets, and the line6 type swell thing going on too.

Another idea..

The ability to assign an aux switch tap vs an aux switch hold.

For example:
      aux 1 – tapping an aux switch would set the tap tempo / holding would create do a repeat.
      aux 2 – tap switch bank (a/b) / hold change preset
      aux 3 – tap bypass / (data bank 2?)

I suppose this may not work for everyone's setups, but I'm just interested in seeing if anyone else might find this useful?

rafaelsodre

Tempo ON/OFF
      "…Tempo is turned ON or OFF by momentarily pressing the Encoder. When Tempo is ON, the Tempo LED flashes at the Tempo rate. With Tempo OFF, the Tempo LED is OFF…"

Why ???!!! My idea is the LED flashes always… Its help a lot !!! Please !!! Change it !!! Thanks all !!!

Roobin

WIth the tempo on, each delay is set to some division (1/2, 1/4). Also, you can check if the tempo matches the tempo of the song. However, with 2 delays not set to a tempo, it could be any difference between the 2 delays, which do not relate to the tempo at all. It would be impossible to have one led for both delays! 

diegoarts

First, i want to say, that i know did four or five gigs with the timefactor and it's been a total different playing and "delaying" 😉 like with all other units i've used in the past! I got many quotes on the good sound, which isn't just the timefactor, but it's a big part! Thanks for such a great, useable and tweakable AND upgradable unit! a big score!
      For the future update topic: i know, there's been a final update a few weeks ago, but – is there a plan or date for the next update? or will you tell us users in a topic here, which suggestions are involved and part of it?!
      I already suggested in another topic a addition to the really great dynamic delay setting (which i never used in other units before and know really love!): i suggested a dynamic delay option in which the repeats/delay only appear, when the signal is above a chosen level: loud parts – delay, silent parts – no delay. i really hope, this is possible and other users would like this option as well.
      one thing i really think is a great suggestion, is a small support software for the TF an MF. you could install updates, save and load presets and – name them via PC/MAC. Maybe – as one suggested – even dial in settings and listen via midi to what it would sound like.
      another thing i think would be great: i love to use the aux switches – work great! the new "pedal aux switch" function is wonderful, but would be even more usable, if you'd have the option to choose "toggle" or "momentary" for this function and the repeat function. with this option, one could switch between two pedal settings as you could if you use a pedal and leave it at either heel or toe, or leave it at "toggle" for a hold-function (like it is now!). same thing for repeat – this is a switching function, but would be great if one could choose a hold function here as well.
      Next thing: Spill Over – a great and necessary feature, which is now good implemented, but would be great if you could choose the presets you want to spill over. sometimes i need it, sometimes i don't. but now you can only dial in spill over for every setting or none. would be better to choose and save with a preset!
      Last thing for me is the multi-tap, which is great sounding, expessially for reverb-effects, but it would be great if there would be a possibility for the user to set the number of taps (from 1-10?!). there would be much more options for great rhythmic-delay-settings here if it wasn't always 10 taps!

I hope, some of this suggestions are possible and supported by other users!
      BTW – i think, the unit is great as is, and if there are changes i hope, that rather there are additions than replacements.

Thanks a lot

diego

resha

Naming presets, absolutely.

With 20 banks it's getting far more complicated to remember them all!

Oboti

Hi there,

it would be great if the tape echo had more low cut (is there any at all right now?) or an option to adjust the amount of low cut. At present, the tape echo sounds good, but adding more low cut would make it sound a bit more like the Line 6 Echo Park tape echo which I absolutely love.

Gerald

Eldanko
      Participant

+1 for naming presets!

+1 for an auto-volume swell!

You guys read my mind…. PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE Big Smile

Trazan

Oboti:

Hi there,

it would be great if the tape echo had more low cut (is there any at all right now?) or an option to adjust the amount of low cut.

Can't stress this enough! The repeats get too muddy as the high end "naturally" rolls off…A control for low end filtering (instead of hiss control) would be nice 😉

frizbplaya

Great product!  I'm loving this delay.  I'd suggest some tweaks for the vintage delay.  There's still a lot of noise with lower bit rates, even with the 2.3 update.  Anything below 15 bits is getting too noisy.  Also, it would be great if the delays could decay as they did on vintage delays with low bits.  Each repeat should get a little less clear until it's the digital equivelant of a bucket brigade analog delay losing clarity.  Seriously, I hate to compare the TF to the DL4 because it's a much better delay… but line6 nailed the Lo Res and it's a lot of people's benchmark now.  Thanks for listening!

micki001
      Participant

I am also LOVING what the TimeFactor is doing for my otherwise-analog pedalboard. The sounds are exceptional.

I have a feature request – when using the Aux Switch and a Looper preset, permit double-assignment of the Aux Switch to provide 'play mode' features while TimeFactor remains in Bank mode.

Currently, if you assign the Aux Switches to certain settings (like Tap Tempo), additional assignments to other functions (like Looper Play mode controls)
      cause the TimeFactor to forget assignments.

Would love to simply remain in Bank Mode on the TimeFactor, and have the Aux Switch take over the Play mode features for Looper patches (while retaining other settings for non-Looper patches).

Thank you Eventide!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Will the FS1-3 settings settings not suit your purposes ?

These do apply to all presets, not just Looper, but they may be the best available compromise.

For more on FS1-3 see TimeFactor Version 2.0 Manual Addendum.

micki001
      Participant

Thanks Nick – I'll give it a try! My concern is the existing condition under the new OS that if I have a pedal assigned to tap tempo and to an FS#, TimeFactor will lose the assignment to tap after each power-down.

I'll try the FS# combinations before rehearsal tonight – thank you! 

micki001
      Participant

I'll see if the FS switch settings serve my purpose, thank you for pointing those out as an alternative… it seems like the FS settings are just what the doctor ordered, if the assignments are properly recalled after each power-up.

Thank you very much 🙂

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm concerned that you lose settings -I'm not aware of a problem with this.

Are you using using the official supplied power supply ?

If so, can you give me an example of a sequence that is not saved ?

An example would be:

1) Power up

2) change tap switch setting to AUX T+R

3) Power down

4) Power up – setting is not saved.

micki001
      Participant

Precisely that process with a few more details:

1) Power up. Aux Sw does not function as desired, so…

2) on Utility/Aux Sw page, observe tap switch is already set to AUX T+R (as well as Looper Stop) as desired, despite the non-functioningseen in step 1.

3a.) Tap Aux switch to un-assign to TAP

3b). Tap Aux switch again to re-assign to TAP

3c). Switch works as desired, even after changing patches and banks 

4) Power down

5) Power up – setting is ostensibly saved and is visible as in step 2, but the switch has no effect until un-assigned and re-assigned.

In short, if an Aux Switch is assigned to two destinations (for example, Tap and Looper Stop), after restarting the box, one of the assignments is lost. I posted about it in the other 'hot' thread on the forums:

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/4995.aspx

Thank you for any and all help you can provide… if the FS1/2/3 assignments serve this purpose I'll be okay – but the behavior above is a little hinky. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Thanks – I can see it now. The TAP function goes away at startup.

My guess is that it only applies when one of the settings is for the looper but I'll look into it more deeply.

It's a bug – it will be fixed in the next release – don't have a date at this time.

micki001
      Participant

No rush – and thank you for your efforts – the TimeFactor is an exceptional piece of gear, and it really has taken my analog pedalboard to new places… I'm quite the anti-digital  snob but the TimeFactor has earned my love – it is the ideal 'end-of-the-chain' delay/processor for me.

Micki

tbones1985

One thing that would be great in an update would be the ability to assign the built-in footswitches (ie. Preset 1 and 2 in bank mode) to different things also. I will be using the Digitech FS-300 with my Timefactor, and it would be awesome to be able to assign the Digitech FS-300 to Preset 1, 2, and Tap Tempo, and the built in switches to Bank Down, Bank Up, and something else. This way I can have my footswitch at the bottom of the board closest to my feet because these are the most frequently used settings, and then I can switch banks with the pedal as the songs need it.

micki001
      Participant

That sounds like an excellent feature as well… maybe even have one of the pedals as a 'Preset 1/Preset 2 alternate' button, so we can toggle between the two patches in the current bank and still use one switch for tap and another for bypass… 🙂 

JNPMusic

Maybe I missed this but how about being able to assign aux switch's to select presets? So if your using the fs300 you could have each one select your favorite preset say one button goes to preset 1/1 and the other button goes to 3/2 and the next to 12/1…you get the point. This way you can have up to 5 presets at your feet. We would still keep the bank up button. Maybe we can already do this and I'm just missing it.
      I would like to be able to scroll through different bank numbers instead of sequential. If I assign it to scroll through the first 5 banks it would be nice to assign them to 5 banks other than 1-5….. 5 banks/different numbers…..

Thanks!

frizbplaya

You can currently do that with a midi controller!  That's what I'm doing.

JNPMusic

Yeah! I'm trying to avoid that! It's hard enough carrying my pedalboard around the way it is.

I don't know where you would be best to decide but I would say under filterpong or maybe modfactors tremolopan; I would love to run different effects into input 1 and 2, then have the expression pedal pan between those two inputs (as well as pan whatever effects the factor pedal was set to…)

another idea that is possibly the same thing… is arrange dual delay in this way, if I understand it correctly this pedal applies delay a and delay b to both channels, might sound cool to have delay a on channel 1 only and delay 2 on channel 2 and be able to expression pedal between the two…

discospring

Three things i'd love in an update:

– Ability to use the normal delayed signal while Infinite Repeat is on,

– Evolving filter delays. This is where TF loses out. My DD20's Analogue setting progressively filters each delay, but i've always wanted a control to create a more extreme effect and the TF could do this. I bought my TF from a guy who was selling it to get a DL4, for this reason (and its dirtier sounds).

– More filter / modulation options. The modulation controls are great but i'm not a fan of that sound on guitar. I'd love more choice over what gets modulated.

dafonk
      Participant

1.Is it possible to increase the speed of the BandDelay to 9.99Hz ?

Now the maximum is only 5.01Hz.

2.To have the feedbacks to have the same value when only one is changed like in the filterpong mode ?

3.To have Delay Time A and Delay Time B to work together like a pingpong delay ?

for instance : Delay A : 1/2 -> Delay B = 1/4

for instance : Delay A : 1/4 -> Delay B = 1/8

Thank you

marrrtinez
      Participant

To the next update, it could be a very nice upgrade an editor tool based on PC/Mac. I think that this helps a lot to organize and tweek the effects ina more graphical way.

Just my 2 cents

moleskine

Would it be possible to have a delay on the Timefactor with delays which are pitch shifted up an octave? The original signal would of course stay the same (otherwise a normal octave pedal would do the job).

If not, is it possible to use one of the outputs on the TF just for the delays and one just for the clean guitar signal? This way, I can affect the delays with any possible external effects from octavers to synths to modulation pedals, etc..

Please let me know if any of these things are already possible.

Cheers

guitarlesson

My suggestion to Eventide for v3.0 (or whatever comes next) is to add BYPASS as an option in the MIDI map menu. That way, if I want the unit to perform a relay bypss and remove itself completely from the chain on, for example, patch 106, then I can use Program Change messages and MIDI mapping rather than Control Change messages to do so.

As I see it, there are two types of TimeFactor users: those who don't mind doing the "pedal dance" and those who do. The prior group tends to use it like a more sophisticated stompbox, turning it on and off manually as needed. Most, I'm sure, never bother with MIDI at all.

For users such as myself and Larry who use the TimeFactor in conjunction with MIDI switch systems, CC is not a sufficient way to perform a bypass because we want to have one button change everything. Most MIDI foot controllers can send Program OR Control messages, but not BOTH simulteniously. This means that if I want to change patches on my switcher AND bypass my TimeFactor, I have to push two buttons.

I suppose I could make my TimeFactor take up a loop in my switcher, but since I only have 4, I'd rather save those loops for less sophisticated effects boxes.

So, Eventide Techs: If you're reading this, please add some way toBypass via Program Change messages. Thanks.

datguytim

Agree with the above! It'd be PERFECTION to be able to Bypass one or both of the Time/ModFactor Stompers with a MIDI message. I'm trying to run both TF and MF with a midi cable and be able to bypass either unit, or both, with one stomp. I'd rather not have to get a Switchblade-like switcher. Other than that – these stompboxes RULE!

frizbplaya

Why not just make bank 1:1 a delay with no repeats and PC to that bank?  I agree it'd be nice to have the bypass as a PC but in the mean time… that shoudl save you some taps.

guitarlesson

I do that. Now. But that's not good enough for me. I didn't buy a high end, cutting edge pedal with true bypass relays so I can ignor them and run my signal through AD/DA converters 100% of the time. Granted, they are very transparent converters. Still, put a signal through the best converters enough times successively and you will hear degradation. Considering the fact that I'm going to buy a ModFactor soon, that'll be two sets of unnecessary AD/DA conversion when the effects are off. Yes, I'm a purist. That's why I buy Eventide instead of Digitech or Boss. So naturally I expect a little more.

jwebster

I also agree!

Priestunes
      Participant

My vote for future updates regards the aux switches.

I tried to set three ranges of mix (KB0). They would have been 0 to 33%, 34-66%, 67-100%, each to its own aux switch, but it turns out one can only assign tip, ring, or tip/ring to one parameter.

BKK-OZ
      Participant

+1

Yes PLEASE give us a simple editor.

PLEASE!

mudfly9

Here's my thoughts on updates:

+1 on patch names

+1 on ability to re-assign the onboard pedals

+1 on reversing the recorded loop

+1 for higher modulation frequencies

As for the tape echo, I see the Hiss and the Flutter controls as being more in the realm of Special FX as opposed to being anything usuable. Having compared it to my space echo extensively, I've noticed that a lack of low end and some saturation are very characteristic of what a tape echo is about, as well as the lack of top end and the wow. So for my money I'd definitely replace the hiss control with a high-pass filter and (perhaps more controversially) the flutter with a basic saturation control for the repeats. Another thing would be that the 110% feedback sounds way too nice and smooth but perhaps I'm being picky there.

Something else I think would be pretty useful, especially for those on-stage-kneeling-on-the-floor-and-twist-all-the-knobs moments, would be to have an option in the system menu to set upper and maybe lower limits for the two delay time knobs. This would give them a higher resolution and make changes much easier and smoother.

As others have said before, I am in love with this pedal and it has totally changed things for me so these aren't complaints. Thank you Eventide!

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Another +1 for naming the Banks, it just seems so old school having bank numbers

Another +1 for the computer editor (Mac too please!)

This TimeFactor is really a great pedal! can't wait to try the Pitch Factor too!

Cheers

BMF

damienl64

+ 1 on editor (incl MAC!!!)
      + 1000 Reversing the loop

jezzbo

+1 for mac editor. (ok and pc editor too Wink)

moleskine

+1 on mac editor

+1 on reversing the loop

trigger

hi,its my first post here…Party!!!

i wish a quantize funktion for the looper start/stop funktion.

when the Tf is in sync with midiclock,then push the start/stop with automatic quantize in

1/1  –  1/32".. raster..  .. .perfekt loops in sync with midiclock. 

Clytor

I would like to add another vote for programable names and reverse loop. Something that would be really cool would be a midi clock output from the tempo that you tap on the pedal. Say you want to use the timefactor and modfactor together. Run midi cable between the two pedals or anything else that receives midi sync. Set all of your tempos on one pedal. This would be cool for me so I can sync the lfo on my moog with my delay pedal. You could have it as a patch preference. That way you could not send sync all of the time when you tap tempo your delay. You could even make a preset has no delay and basically just the tap tempo button to slave other devices.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The recently announced PitchFactor has MIDIclock out, controlled by the system tempo. 

If this is well received, it will be incorporated into the next MF and TF updates.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

COOL Big Smile

Thanks for that guys!

Counting down the days till I can get my grubby little hands on the PitchFactor.

planning and building my pedalboard at the moment so the midiclock, should help.

Cheers

BMF

Lanefair

I've got a request. Why is it all the timefactor delays are parallel only? My Boss GT-8 (although had inferior delays) had the option of series, parallel, dual L/R, wet/dry.

It would be great if say under the regular delay you could forfeit the modulated delay and instead have these routing options on the mod knob. I miss being able to run one delay into the other, have have wet/dry outs, it's the one thing this pedal can't do.

mborbo
      Participant

+1 for bank/fx editor for mac

+1 for possibility to give names to presets (and scrolling on display)

+1 for spillover between presets

+1 for tempo lock in single preset (for example i use a multitap delay for reverb and i'd like the tempo will NEVER change even if i use the global tempo for all the other presets, that is very very useful for me).

Thanks Eventide.

diegoarts

Hi, i already suggested a few things for the future updates and hope that the one or other will be included.

I got one more idea/request:

Would it be possible to make a change to the Feedback of the Delays (or just one or a few of them), so you could choose between Feedback as it is now – with decay and 0 – 110 OR a Feedback with exact number of repeats (with and without decay) from 0 – infinite (or something).

I often use the Timefactor for Rhythmic Delay Patterns and it would be absolutely amazing if i could dial in exact delay repeats – say 3 exact repeats left in dotted 8th and 1 repeat right in a half note.
      For perfect use in such situations it is a must, that the repeats have the same volume. this could maybe be dialable between no decay and natural decay (as it is now).

I hope, i could explain it fairly well.

I tried this with the Multi-Tap, but the number of repeats is not changeable.

This would be amazing!

And of course, i want to bring back my request for a "negativ dymanic" delay within the ducked delay – i.e. no delay if the signal is silent, delay only when the signal is above a set value.

Thanks for an amazing unit, which i don't want to play without anymore! 🙂

Can't wait for the next update!

Cheers

diego

jezzbo

+1 on the taptempo to controle multiple fx.

+1 on naming presets

another idea: Is there a possibility to add some sort of compare button?

In Logic pro I can compare two settings of an effect. So when I tweak my sounds I can compare to the orignal preset that was/is stored. This would be great because so I can hear if I make a better sound or just screw up things. Embarrassed

Andy S

This may have been mentioned but could eventide PLEASE increase the speeds on the modulation ?? At least on some of the delays ?? We would be able to get some great vibrato and leslie sounds if this were done. PLEASE ???

Hey Nickrose,

How long do you think it will be before there is another update for the TF?

KSmith

I'd like to add a request for an option in setup, allowing you to disable 'live' changes to expression pedal programmming.

I prefer to have my TimeFactor on a bench where I can tweak it during performance and just have the Aux footswitches and expression pedal on the floor.

If you work this way and tweak the stompbox during performance, (while your foot is on the pedal), you inevitably end up reprogramming the expression pedal on the fly, sometimes with deafening, silent or other unintended results. This really makes the expression pedal more trouble than it's worth, for me.

Thanks,

Keith

Doc Plus

Please increase the loop length (in 1x speed), and the number of presets ! Big Smile

Undo ability is a good idea ! Yes

And a pc editor !

grovest

KSmith:

I'd like to add a request for an option in setup, allowing you to disable 'live' changes to expression pedal programmming.

I prefer to have my TimeFactor on a bench where I can tweak it during performance and just have the Aux footswitches and expression pedal on the floor.

If you work this way and tweak the stompbox during performance, (while your foot is on the pedal), you inevitably end up reprogramming the expression pedal on the fly, sometimes with deafening, silent or other unintended results. This really makes the expression pedal more trouble than it's worth, for me.

Thanks,

Keith

I've encountered this now with all three Factors. For example, you have the pedal assigned just to wet / dry mix, and want to tweak another parameter, but you just used the pedal (hence the assignment indicator is still blinking) or your foot is resting on it, and before you know it you have misassigned parameters and have to do the heal / toe zero out procedure…. I ultimately use MIDI encoded expr assigned to a CC (assigned to a knob), but for impromptu jamming or tweaking, there could be a better interface. 

Maybe holding down the left-most footswitch while rocking the exp pedal heel to toe could activate the exp assignment mode?

dissever

That would be great. I have not been using the exp. pedal because of that. Also there needs to be a way to remove all exp. assignments from a patch without going through each knob.

dgoad

+1 on the taptempo to controle multiple fx.

+100 on naming presets

jlearman

A huge annoyance for me is the different setup for the filter in the different delays.  For example, I believe digital delay goes from -100 to 0 (knob at 12:00) to +100.  But for the vintage delay, it just goes from 0 to 100.  This drives me nuts, because I'll get the filter set, but I'll try to change the delay sound, and the filter is now totally wacked out.  Like if I'm on vintage delay & have the filter on 0, but I want to switch to mod delay, well now the filter is on -100.  Maybe the value of the filter parameter could just not change when the delay type changes.

Also… would really like a better analog sound.  I don't know about anyone else, but the  vintage delay with the bit adjustment just isn't very useful to me.  I'd much rather have an analog model with something like a drive knob, so you can get a nice fat analog delay sound.

+1 for preset/bank naming

+1 for parallel/series routing

+1 for better, dirtier, modulations

+1 for progressively fitering each delay

Jakob

I think Eventide tried to emulate the characteristic range of "eq" in different analog delays, so of course the filter knob has a another effect than in the digital delay fx. Analog delays just couldn't sound as harsh as digital ones do. But I like the idea of a "drive" control instead of the filter knob. I have an old Ibanez AD9 which sounds awesome, and I never thought about changing its "tone". But dirtier delayed sounds are always a pleasure to my ears. It would be great to have a well "eq'd" basic analog delay with the opportunity to really thicken it up with some tube emulated drive.

The TF is very complex and it covers a lot of sounds, so I don't have a problem with different sounding parameters in different delay types at all. It would be terrible if all of them sounded the same!

Still my number one priority for an update:

let us name the presets, please!!! I'm tired of checking my setlist before every song to dial in the correct number. Would be far more intuitive and kinda personal to have names instead of  those cold, sterile numbers 🙂 No, really.

Would be nice of you developers to give us a rough estimation for a possible release, too. It's been quiet for a while now. 

yotam
      Participant

Normal

false
      false
      false

EN-US
      X-NONE
      HE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
      table.MsoNormalTable
      {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
      mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
      mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
      mso-style-noshow:yes;
      mso-style-priority:99;
      mso-style-qformat:yes;
      mso-style-parent:"";
      mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
      mso-para-margin:0in;
      mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
      mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
      font-size:11.0pt;
      font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
      mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
      mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
      mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
      mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
      mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
      mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

I would like to have the ability to use the RPT function on
      delay A, while maintaining ?normal? delay (without repeat) on delay B

Yotam.

dissever

Im getting bad seems in the looper now that im using it more. The restart does not seem to be as smooth as other loopers. Also the programing for exp. control is not very intuitive. I may have mentioned this before but a quick way to turn all exp. controls off on presets would be great. Its too difficult to navigate through all the presets and remove all exp. assignments. And the lag when switching between bypass and effect is really bothersome, especially when using heavily filtered patches.

gjhardwick
      Participant

For the Looper;

Option to choose if the Decay control is always active (i.e. so that you can control the loop decay when it is in playback mode to create fade-outs)

Smoother looping – overdubbing held notes over the start/end point of the loop creates glitches which means the looper is not very good for creating drones/smooth textures

batflash

Over oscilation  of the Tape Delay @70 is unbearably much. there's still another 40 points to go from there on. I think that if 70 is going to be the point that is designated for the TimeFactor to self-oscilate, then it should start from very very little at the 70 mark and as you go further up, increase the quickness of how it self-oscilates. If I consfused the matter, please bring it to my attention, but I think this will make Tape Delay's oscilating effect way more useful. 

Thanks for listening,

bats

dissever

gjhardwick:

For the Looper;

Option to choose if the Decay control is always active (i.e. so that you can control the loop decay when it is in playback mode to create fade-outs)

Smoother looping – overdubbing held notes over the start/end point of the loop creates glitches which means the looper is not very good for creating drones/smooth textures

Im having the same problem with the looper. Even if I get the loop seemless ,which is very difficult compared to others, once I start doing layers the pedal gets bad glitches which are sometimes very loud

grozeil

What I expect from a further update :

– No glitching when changing from a preset to another or during the looping function
      – A REAL spillover, like one can find on the Boss DD20
      – A better way, simplier, to unassign the knobs to the expression pedal (I always have to read the manual to remember it)
      – replace the bits knob from the Analog delay for a useful parameter
      – A self oscillation on the Tape Echo coming slowlier

The two first requests are to me the most important ones (I can't play with the TF live because of it, still preferring the DD20) 8-/

Thanks for listening!!!!

dave b
      Participant

Hi, My first post: I tried to read this entire post before posting so sorry if I'm duplicating.

What I'd like to see is some sort of software exclusively made for the Timefactor that would allow presets to be saved; shared, named, and edited. The only way to save presets that I'm aware of is using this Mid-Ox software which is confusing and not user friendly or intuitive. [at least for me] 

Maybe this software could be part of the Timefactor Update software or have it incorporated into such. Is this idea way off base or too difficult to implement? There are other companies doing this very thing I believe…[Line6 for example?]

TT

Reckedtrek

Here are my suggestions, many are repeats. These are fine tuning points, as the TF is a fantastic unit as it is.

1. titled presets.

2. a better analog sounding delay. The Ibanez DE7, as basic a delay as it is, does this very well. So does the Line6 DL4. If the TF sounded as good as the DE7 or DL4 for this sound, I'd be thrilled with the analog sound. To me it's the only delay type that realy needs a face lift. The overall sound and the self oscillation both need improvement.

3. Do something more useful with the bit resolution (Vintage delay) control and the Tape hiss (Tape echo) control. It seems like something more useful could take their place.

Thank you.

Schilling
      Participant

Hi

First post here:

+1 for progressively fitering each delay 

Cheers

JNPMusic

How about a program swap feature!

nitefly

+1 on the win Editor en as a reasonable guy +1 for the mac editor

100nka

I vote for increasing the speed modulation!!!  With my both heads, hands and legs.

It would be really great to have faster vibrato at least in one delay. Please!

Cheers

peterjh85

1. Naming Patches

2. Having the knobs reflect the sound in Play Mode.  Switching from Play Mode to Bank Mode and then back to Play Mode does not produce the original sound or what the knobs reflect.  I'd love the unit to go back to the last setting used in Play Mode when switching back from Bank Mode.

marwatt
      Participant

add4

I would love to be able to use the repeat function as a chord sustainer, like the electro harmonix HOG does. It's possible to do that now, but you always hear rythmic sounds in the sustained chord. I also tried to do it using the Xknob function of the reverse delay and multitap delay, but the closest sounds i could get always had this rythmic things. maybe increasing the blending capability of the crossfade function would help?

+1 for naming the presets too 

jimification
      Participant

Firstly I just want to comment on how great the update system is and thank you guys for working so hard on it. I just bought the Timefactor a couple of days ago and though I was really impressed with it, there were a few things when going through the manual where I was thinking "Oh shame you can't do that". I updated to the latest software yesterday (the update was very straightforward for me, nice one!) and you guys have resolved lots of those issues already. Also the new Vintage and Tape sounds are ACE! thanks again for continuing to support the pedal, it's a very cool thing to have as a consumer and immediately makes me think I should look in to a Modfactor 🙂

Anyway here's my suggestions, some have been mentioned already:-

1) Naming presets

2) Volume swells (either auto or from exp pedal)

3) Delay repeats transposed one or two octaves up (shimmer style sound)

4) "Bucket Loss" simulation for Vintage delay to simulate old analog delays. (ideally in system mode you would choose whether the x-knob added bit depth noise (digital sim) or bucket loss (analog sim) – ref: Strymon Brigadier delay.

jlearman

1) Naming presets

4) "Bucket Loss" simulation for Vintage delay to simulate old analog delays. (ideally in system mode you would choose whether the x-knob added bit depth noise (digital sim) or bucket loss (analog sim) – ref: Strymon Brigadier delay.

I think you hit the nail on the head.  I think everyone has been asking for these updates.  I hope they'll come soon.

JNPMusic

How about the ability to restore each patch separately. Say you want to restore 3:1 to the original settings but don't want to mess with the rest of the unit. Just be able to select restore program to original settings Yes/No……

The card gives you most of the settings but is missing the expression pedal adjustments. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

JNPMusic:

How about the ability to restore each patch separately.

You can do this now with FactorLib …

JNPMusic

I did not know this! Thanks!

I will try to restore a patch that I'm looking for!

grozeil

1) Naming presets

+1 for that

I would like to add another idea : I understand that it may not be possible to have different functions for the aux switches in each preset, BUT, it would be very nice if, into the system menu, we could affect some functions for the delay presets and 3 other functions for the looper presets (I guess it depends on the inboard software capabilities). When I'm using my delay presets, my aux switches are set for bk down/repeat/tap tempo but when I'm using some looper functions, these aux switches are sadly unused…

madmac
      Participant

What about having a print function in the Factor Lib?  I know I can take a screen shot and print that but it would be nice to export it say to xcel or word or just plain print direct from Factor Library.

– Patch names and Preset numbers.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

In the meantime, select one or more presets, and copy and paste to Notepad or a WP. Then you can print …

1:1 Storyteller [Diatonic, E Maj]
      Delayed +5th and +3rd. EXP controls +3rd Feedback.
      1:2 Teenage Wasteland [Quadravox, E Maj]
      Play some octaves while rocking the Exp Pedal. EXP adds pitch variation.
      2:1 Trance Octaves [Harmodulator]
      Ambient bouncing octaves in rhythm. EXP controls Feedback.
      2:2 H3000 MicroPitch [MicroPitch]
      A classic Eventide effect. EXP changes Delay to "H3000 MicroPitch Slap."
      3:1 Echoes of 910 Past [H910/H949]
      Detuning with moody delay. EXP controls Feedback B.
      3:2 Octave FlexSwitch [PitchFlex]
      -1oct and +1oct swap positions when Flexed. EXP crosses octaves.

madmac
      Participant

Thanks nickrose

mm.  Not sure if using this works method in windows works but it doesn't seem to copy the text on a mac in Text Edit or Microsoft Word or did you mean copy the text from your forum reply?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Didn't try it on a Mac. I will.

The text in the forum post was just an example.

kentcooper

To take this thought a bit further, I think an option that would allow the user to set parameters around the aux buttons so that it can go forward or backward in increments of 10's would be a very useful timesaving option in switching to and from various banks. 

add4

With reverse looping that is the only thing that the DL-4 does and the timefactors doesn't do.

Unfortunately, i love (litterally) the auto volume swell on the DL-4 . not selling it at the moment, will do if an update give that to the timefactor.

+1

add4

What about the possibility to visualize/edit the values of each knob on pc using libfactor or another program? that be an answer to the people asking for the new presets, and a efficient way of retrieving the saved settings.

This pedal would kill if it would just have a little bit longer loop time. 40sec? Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – that would need more memory, which would not fit on the current board, and, even if it did, would add significantly to the cost.

mapmap

REVERSE LOOPING.

if it could do that, i would buy a 2nd timefactor, sell off my dl-4 + RC-20 and never look back.

please Eventide… people reeeeeally want this.

john parricelli
      Participant

I'd like to add to the requests for reverse looping. It would vastly increase the usability of the unit for me.

Many thanks

John

mapmap

any movement of the addition of reverse looping?  

i sure hope so…

i have been tempted to sell off my timefactor and buy an Electro Harmonix 2880.  (i love the multitrack looping approach and… duh,  REVERSE!)

discospring

Play Mode:  a choice to use the middle footswitch for repeat (nice to have but rarely used) or to punch-in the second delay (essential for reggae, dub, dubstep, dance, etc).  So you could be playing with just the first delay on a short setting, then punch-in a long second delay to affect only the notes played while the footswitch is held down. This would echo away into the universe while you continued playing rhythm with the first short delay intact.  

Please. It would add a lot of functionality to the second delay that is often unused.

RodmanSan

I would love to see this option as Discospring mentioned also…..Smile

jcshirke
      Participant

I'm really needing more modulation speed/depth on the vintage delay algorithm. At least double, and probably more. Any chance this will be implemented?

Thanks,

Jeff

stringrazor

After a only one session with the PF:

I'd like to see the AUX SW functions respond to button RELEASE to restore the MIN value,  in other words, have a non-latching function.

I'd like to have AUX SW parm assignments stored with a patch. They'd be infinitely more useful.

I'd like to be able to map the function of at least one (the middle) on-board button switch as can be done with the AUX SW settings. I'd be able to leave my AUX SWITCH at home. 

I'd like the diatonic tracking to be more solid. I was surprised to hear a generated note switch down/up a scale step in response to a single sustained note when a little vibrato was added. This only seems to happen on a few notes (and the guitar was in tune and decently intonated).

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

stringrazor:

I'd like to see the AUX SW functions respond to button RELEASE to restore the MIN value,  in other words, have a non-latching function.

Actually, this is what I thought they did. I was wrong and you were right.

stringrazor:

I'd like to have AUX SW parm assignments stored with a patch. They'd be infinitely more useful.

Maybe, but we thought it would be too hard to remember all the settings.

stringrazor:

I'd like to be able to map the function of at least one (the middle) on-board button switch as can be done with the AUX SW settings.

Again, we keep the main switches the same to avoid confusion. Sorry.

stringrazor:

I'd like the diatonic tracking to be more solid.

So would we – it's VERY difficult – it is a trade-off between response time and accuracy. Because these are pedals rather than rack boxes they do not have the number of controls necessary to allow a vibrato range across notes. You will have the same issue if you bend a note too far – after a certain point it will view it as a different note. To some extent, this is the nature of a diatonic shifter.

Reckedtrek

I can only think of a few things, many of which have been stated, but I'll throw my suggestions out anyway.

1. eliminate the bass frequency build up that occurs with higher levels of regeneration in the Tape echo setting.

2. Despite feeding in higher levels and any/all other suggestions by Eventide staff to make the saturation control (Tape echo) more noticeable, and the end result being minimal improvement if any at all. Please make the saturation control actually do something. I like the idea of the saturation, but as it is currently I'm still waiting to hear it!

3. The bit rate setting in the Vintage delay. It has a good effect on the sound from 20 down to about 12, then just adds noise. By the time it gets to 9 or less it's basically unusable. I don't know what to suggest as an improvement other than get rid of the range covered by 8 and lower and then  enhance and/or spread the range of 20-9 out over the 20 settings.

4. Naming presets… but I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time you've heard this! Big Smile 

I would just like to thank the folks at Eventide for their work and dedication to this product line.  I have both the TF and MF and they are fantastic musical tools that help me to make music. I cannot say enough good things about the products and/or the people who support them. I mean this sincerely- Thank you!

BKK-OZ
      Participant

Editor, editor, editor, editor, editor!!!!!!!!

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

But, what would you want it to do. Edit of course, but what would this mean ? It's only got a few knobs.

BKK-OZ
      Participant

Yes, and the 'few knobs' would make it easy for you guys to program!

What I would really love is an editor that would work as AU/VST plug as well as a stand-alone application.  It could act as both a library app (I know about the existing one – good for back-ups only) and it could send parameter changes via MIDI.  In terms of the latter, with basic host integration, it would make it possible for a DAW to record paramter changes/patch changes over time.  It would make all the 'Factor' devices into very useful project-studio outboard gear.

Lexicon ships their hardware 'verbs with just this sort of thing now.

Additionally, having a nice GUI up on my screen would be preferable to crawling around on the floor spinning knobs. Users could also then add 'notes', proper 'names' etc for patches, extending the usefulness of the pedal.

As you are no doubt aware, a lot of companies are now coming out with control applications using iPads/iPhones, using either OSC, MIDI or combinations thereof.  If you had the codebase established for an on-screen editor, you could easily port to those platforms.

stringrazor

nickrose:

But, what would you want it to do. Edit of course, but what would this mean ? It's only got a few knobs.

An editor should be able to do everything a user can do from the h/w interface but quicker and easier for the most part. The PF (and the others too?) has a bunch of multi-level menus and a very limited display so it the same operations done from the editor should have much more complete visual displays. With other editors (e.g. Digitech's X-Edit), I can keep my pedal on the floor and create/modify patches completely from the computer with a USB connection. Most importantly, this lets me keep my guitar in my hand and my pedal on the floor, hooked up in the fx chain so I can edit a patch, play, and edit some more without having to either get on the floor or put the pedal up on my desk. Even if the editor simply duplicated what can be done from the h/w , it would be worthwhile.

Yet, an editor can be so much more.

I used a Digitech/Johnson Milennium 150 amp for years (retiring it from live gigs is the main reason I need the PF). While Digi never provided an editor for it, a guy named Bruce James wrote a freeware editor called RPEdit (still available on Harmony Central last time I looked). It was so well done, I learned more about programming the processor in that device from using RPEdit than I ever did from reading the manual or using the h/w interface (both of which were pretty good, too).  RPEdit even has a facility to translate the patch data to an XML-like text which you can edit and re-read into the editor. I was able to clone patches quickly with a text editor when I wanted new ones to start from the same base but with certain changes. I also printed out one or two critical patches so if I ever lost all patches before a gig, 

Please please please sort out the spill, so when you
      change presets rather than the trails crossfading into the new selected
      delay/preset, they fade out. And upon the TF recieving new signal will start
      new delay (trails) "over the top" of original delay.

In other words switching preset shouldn’t affect
      trails!

I read in my upgraded info sheet thats it was put in with the upgrade so
      im sure there is a way to modify slightly the was it spills.

Sort this and I will be delighted, since other than that major defect
      its an awesome product!

zikamuricpe

If nothing else, a clear visual preview of all knobs positions per preset would be great – and you get that with an editor! I am an old-school guy and real knob positions mean a lot to me, even if they are virtual positions on my tft. That would be the best of both worlds. Pls provide us with an editor for Factors!

hlwilson3rd

I second that!

grozeil

I'm afraid Nickrose stated on a earlier thread that the spillover won't function the way many are looking for. It's the main reason why I consider selling mine and get back to my old DD20… 

yes, but, it was changed /added with the 2.0 upgrade, my TF came with a inlay saying so, shurly, because of this all it would take is a little programming, im sure some of the preset slots/memory, whatever, wont be missed by as many people as sorting the spill out will please!

JNPMusic

Maybe this can be done already and I'm missing it but how about being able to edit each delay as it's own. Meaning that delay A you can make all the adjustments with the bottom 4 knobs and then be able to go to delay B and edit them separately. Creating even more wacky sounds……

The spill, PLEASE MAN, PLEASE! 

"I GOT THIS CHEESEBURGER MAN!!!!!!"

batflash

I agree. The spill issue is just terrible. I've had my TimeFactor for almost 2 years now and it still drives me nuts. There's no getting use to it. To reiterate what harri said, "PLEASE!".

mapmap

does anyone else feel like Eventide has abandoned any further improvements to the Timefactor?

i haven't seen any updates since the spring.  it really bums me out because i think it has such great potential but maybe because eventide already has our money they don't feel like they have to listen to our input.

i am really thinking of selling my timefactor and buying a Strymon el Capistan

( http://www.strymon.net/products/elcapistan ) and a dedicated looper like an EHX 2880.  

so sad.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

No, not really, I do not feel that way at all.

There was over a year between the last update and the previous one, from what I remember.

Would I like Eventide to make the TimeFactor Tape sound as good as the El Capistan? yes too right I would, but no I do not feel abandoned in the slightest.

The thing is that the El Cap and the EHX are two specialist pedals, where as the TimeFactor does more and Eventide state that the looper functionality is fairly basic.

At least the TimeFactor CAN be updated to add new functions and features and improve things, the EHX 2880 and El Capistan can not be updated…. not saying they are bad products, because they are not.

Cheers

BMF

JNPMusic

Well, you wouldn't have to wait for any updates with that unit! I'm sure it's a smoker unit but your frustration might be getting the best of you. I realize that it's been awhile but I also realize that this is one of the best delay units on the market that offer you any way to upgrade. I think we get a little anxious with updates and expect them to happen frequently but I would be happy with one a year!  I have other units that sound great but when I think "Man I wish it just could do this"  I know it's not capable of updating. But with TF I know there is a possibility that it can.

I'm grateful to have such a great unit that allows us the user to give input and have it given back to us within a software update. 

Use it for what it has! If your not happy with it by all means sell it and get something that you will be happy with.

I mean no disrespect…

Peace!

mapmap

so sorry. i guess this is a touchy subject.

mapmap

sorry if i touched on a sore subject.

BTW, the 2880 CAN be updated…  by either the USB port or the Compact Flash card.  easy.

Reckedtrek

I agree with BMF, I do not feel let down at all. This stuff takes time to do, and they have other products to support as well. I think taking a realistic view of things might help, no offense mapmap.

Most companies do little to nothing once you buy their product. Eventide has been different, and I'm willing to bet they will continue to do so at least for a while longer (all products pass on eventually).

jcshirke
      Participant

I'd just like to have some idea when the updates will be coming. It would be even better if we had some idea what would be included (or, as the case may be, fixed) in those updates.

JNPMusic

No need to be sorry! Your just expressing yourself!

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hi mapmap,

no worries, you have not touched on a sore subject and you are completely entitled to your opinion. 

Sorry I did not realise you could update the 2880, I missed that when I was looking at looping devices. Do they update regularly? looked an interesting device. I went for a Boomerang III in the end.

Cheers

BMF

achaput

We've been listening to your requests and working on the next update. New software updates require lots of work and testing even for small changes. Thanks for your patience everyone. There are some cool features coming that I think you're really gonna dig!!

-Alan 

Reckedtrek

Great news Allan. Glad to hear it. Can't wait to hear (and use) the latest and greatest. I'm sure you're not allowed to say what's being worked on exactly, but care to give us a little teaser on what *might* be coming? Big Smile

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

cool! 

Look forward to hearing about them!

Cheers

BMF

jnorris
      Participant

Hope this is an easy update …

Implement a midi control change option to send Play & Stop to Looper using the same control change number. Basically the same option you can set to send Activate/Bypass in Bank or Play mode.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

jnorris:

Implement a midi control change option to send Play & Stop to Looper using the same control change number.

See under [RCV CTL] in the User Manual.

caveman
      Participant

Alan – is there a date for the upcoming release, or a list of new features yet?

achaput

caveman:

Alan – is there a date for the upcoming release, or a list of new features yet?

Well, there is one new feature that allows you to set the TimeFactor to be even more awesome than it already was. And there is another new feature which lets you adjust the overall amount of awesomeness. Big Smile

Reckedtrek

Totally awesome!! Alan, can you tell us if there is an actual awesome control, or is the increased awesomeness spread evenly throughout the unit and software, like a set it and forget it awesomeness setting?

I have an idea… how about just making an AwesomeFactor. Once all the other Factors have awesome SW updates, the AwesomeFactor will make them all work awesomely in harmoniously and perfect sync. Oh… and serve as an all in one power supply have preset naming!

That'd be awesome.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Indifferent

Will this have a "spillover" option to allow Awesomeness to spillover into your love life?

Andy Wild

An editor should be able to do everything a user can do from the h/w interface but quicker and easier for the most part. 

That would be really great, along with naming the patches.

zikamuricpe

Well, knowing a date when awesomeness arives in my life would be awesome enough for me!

jarred

O please o please let me name my presets!

damienl64

Please hit the release button guys, I am dying to get the update!

jcshirke
      Participant

Faster mod speed across the board. 5 Hz just doesn't cut it for me. At first I thought it was only the vintage delay that had the slow mod speeds, but now that I've been experimenting with the other delay types, I realize that 5 Hz is the max.

otoskope
      Participant

I've seen some people complain about the way the Timefactor handles spill as a defect. I just want to say that in my way of using the TF, this spillover into next preset/delay model an absolutely essential feature! I use the TF (or rather, two of them) as a solo instrument, handling and creating feedback and loops, and being able to switch between models without losing material is fantastic.

Also, I do not agree that the looper is just very basic, as some people ave said in this thread – it can do things most other loopers could only dream about – like recording and playing while moving the playback point and looplength around, in realtime. I have several other loopers, which are better for plain playin/overdubbing kind of looping, but for sonic mayhem and realtime remixing, the TF is just in a league of its own.

So, if the new update would include new ways of handling spill, please keep the current features intact! Just my 2c…

termozzz

+100 , realy need faster mod speed . !! )

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

How fast do you guys want to mod speed to go?  What kinds of sounds are you trying to get that you can't?

I could crank it up to 20 Hz and get all kinds of really pitchy modulation, but I'm concerned that it will make it harder for people to get nice chorus style sounds.  I want to make sure there's a trade off for people who want both.

Dan

jcshirke
      Participant

Hi Dan,

Thanks for replying.

I need Edge-like mod speeds, which can get up to 5Hz-6Hz in some cases. Right now the vintage delay algo can't get me close, but I can usually nail it with the digital delay algo. But I have to max out the mod speed in a lot of cases. So, my .02 is to increase the vintage delay's mod speed a fair amount–at least double it. The digital delay mod speed (for my needs is pretty close), but it would be great to have a bit more there, too. I'd say 20Hz is definitely not needed–for me anyway.

Thanks again,

Jeff

otoskope
      Participant

Let it go up to 20Hz or something for us experimental geeks, but with a non-linear scale, so that a middle setting still gives a nice and slow speed. That is, let the extreme values only appear in the very end of the knob range. In this way you can make everyone happy.

termozzz

I think 10 is enough ) 20 is too much

javiceres
      Participant

I´d love:

1-The saturation effect on the Tape Delay to be more dramatic/noticiable and not having to cranck the feedback to get the grunge. 

2-A simple yet killer update for me would be having an utility option to Limit the Delay Time to 2 or 1.5 seconds so that the delay knobs would change values in steps of 1 milisec.

I know you can use the fine tuning knob, but for me is unpractical in a lot of situations.

3-Reverse option for the looper.

And a dream: being able to record/sample in any mode ala Memory Man with Hazarai. I had it and that was an unbeatable feature, except for Time Factor sounds a lot better, dual delays, 100 presets…etc.

Love my TF. 

peterjh85

Dan, I would love the speed to be fast enough to mimic the EHX Deluxe Memory Man "Vibrato" setting.  I really love the "warble" the Deluxe memory man provides when the Vibrato is set to around 6 or 7 oclock.  Is it possible to get it that fast?

Thanks!

peter

ikebrown

can we have a good patch editor / Patch sharing utility please? so we can do present naming by typing it in on the computer….only just got my timefactor!

beedoola

1.) Redoing the "Bits" on the Vintage delay. Its kind useless. I see where Eventide is trying to go with it – adding that Analog noise but its not subtle enough. Perhaps if it was more subtle and added some other Analog like artifacts as it was increased.

2.) I have seen others mention that the filter on the Tape Delay can be too Bassy as you increase it. The Saturation control could be better. Maybe as you increase it, it adds more Tape like artifacts to the repeats.

Would there be a way to add a feature so you can choose what the filter knob does? like some sub menu feature? Like holding the Repeats button for 3 seconds while in play modes enters a sub menu for each control, or some controls, allowing one to have more manipulation over the sound.

The Filter on the Analog only acts as a High pass as you increase it right? Its Doesn't have a low pass option. Maybe making "Noon" on the knob No Pass at all and counter clockwise Low Pass increase and Vice Versa.

Anyway to add an Undo Feature to the Looper?

tonehero

I would like to see a reverb/delay/modulation into one setting. That could be kinda cool. 

ctc

I would like to the auxiliary switches to truly be programmable for bank and play modes separately. In spite of what the manual says, right now they seem to be programmed for the looper, and everything else. Then I would like bank preset 1 and bank preset 2 programmed as parameter destinations. This way the auxiliary switches would truly be able to emulate the foot switches.

krosser

1) Some kind of simple delay while in loop mode

2) Ability to switch to looper from bank mode without switching modes and then bending over, such as stepping on center & right simultaneously and having it then go directly to looper mode, then back out the same way

hywelg

I never could get my TF to work properly with a 3 button Aux switch when having the looper saved as a preset. I thought it was me not understanding what to do but maybe I am not as thick as I thought I was!!

kellenmills

I think it would be amazing to have a delay that does an octave up effect. kind of like the empress delay can do or the line 6 echo park.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi Kellenmills,

Have you checked out Pitchfactor?  It can do all sorts of octave up delay stuff, plus much much more. 

-Russ

timothyhill

I'll second that. I've got both the TF & PF and I use the PF as much as a delay as I do as a pitch shifter, maybe more. More correctly, I use the delay capability of the PF as much as I use the pitch shift, usually both at once. I use the TF for "straight" delays (as in not shifted).

termozzz

function two delays in series !

javiceres
      Participant

kellenmills:

I think it would be amazing to have a delay that does an octave up effect. kind of like the empress delay can do or the line 6 echo park.

+1 !!!

javiceres
      Participant

+1 on both:

krosser:

1) Some kind of simple delay while in loop mode

2) Ability to switch to looper from bank mode without switching modes and then bending over, such as stepping on center & right simultaneously and having it then go directly to looper mode, then back out the same way

javiceres
      Participant

On the modest wish list, I'd ask:

-Option to choose dry Left&Right signals on phase or phase reversed. Or something that would allow to patch the output1 into the input 2 so 2 delays in series would be possible.

-Fine tune parameters via mode knob: option to choose how many secods it remains active –> 2 seconds is not enough for me and I often change delay algorithm and feel frustrated.

On the not so modest:

-Reverse capability for the looper.

Thanks for the pedals and the support !!!

Viewing 186 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.