Im coming back to Eventide! Have a question(s)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Im coming back to Eventide! Have a question(s)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      dajzilla

Okay, I made a huge mistake about 2 months ago. I sold ALL of my gear to get the Fractal Audio much hyped AXE FX II XL+

Mistake.

Don't get me wrong, obviously it is a great piece of gear but honestly, I miss my VOX AC30 and Eventide H9s ( I had two of them)

After getting the Axe all I could think of was "what am I going to do with 200+ amps? Effects? etc?

Also, as great as it sounds, i'm sorry but it does NOT sound as good as the real deal. I also think that the Eventide effects are better. IMO MUCH better so, I am selling it, taking a big loss and moving on which brings me to my question:

I owned ALL of the algorithms. I did that "MAX" thing where I bought enough to qualify to get ALL of them. As I understand it, when I repurchase an H9 I can download all of them again. Correct?

Also, do I need to get the regular H9 or can I just get the CORE version? I am going to be buying two of them and was hoping I can buy two CORES to save a little money.

Thanks for any help and KEEP YOUR TUBE AMPS!

: )

gkellum
      Participant

Dajzilla:

I owned ALL of the algorithms. I did that "MAX" thing where I bought enough to qualify to get ALL of them. As I understand it, when I repurchase an H9 I can download all of them again. Correct?

If you repurchase an H9, you'll be able to download again all the algorithms that you purchased (and the algorithms you got with coupons and so on).  So, if you had a standard H9 and you bought 15 algorithms to Max out, then you still have those 15 algorithms in your account (plus your coupon stuff).  If you want to have ALL of the algorithms, you'll need to buy a Max.  (Considering the fact that you sold a Max, I guess that will leave you breaking even.)

dajzilla

Hi! Thanks for the help. But I think theres some confusion. I didn't sell a MAX. I sold my original "Regular" H9 (the $499 version) I originally bought the $499 H9 (only model available at the time) then purchased enough to make it a "MAX" pedal. I also bought a "CORE" pedal as well later.

So, I don't need to spend $699 for the MAX, I just need to repurchase a regular $499 version. Correct? If I buy a MAX then i'm wasting money since I already have the algorithms.

LA Keys
      Participant

Dajzilla:

I didn't sell a MAX.

Yes you did!

Once a core or a "regular" is made a max it is a max forever, even if you sell it to someone.

Then, all the alorythms you've bought previously are still yours BUT

Read that page carefully: http://eventideplugins.elasticbeanstalk.com/h9maxout.html

It clearly says that "The MaxOut option
      can only be used once – it's a one time deal. If you MaxOut and subsequently
      sell your H9 Max, you will not be able to MaxOut another standard H9
      or H9 Core."

LA

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.