I’m doing something BAD wrong

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins I’m doing something BAD wrong

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Vernon Kuehn

I've been off-and-on trying to download and PROPERLY install the UltraChannel for 3 weeks now and "we have no JOY!"

If I get this thing properly installed,  is it going to work with Adobe Audition (CC 2014)?

It goes through all the motions but all I get in the SteinbergVST2 file is a .dll  file and in AVID/audio/Plugins is an Ultrachannel.aaxplug-in.

Then the install process Scatters a bunch of .tide   files in my documents directory where all my WWORD documents live. 

Obviously,  I am doing something BAD wrong.   At least it is consistent.  I have gone through the fire drill 6 or 7 times and always get the same results.

Suggestions?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Vernon-

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble installing UltraChannel. I take it you have had no luck getting UltraChannel working in Adobe Audition then? It sounds to me like the installer is working correctly. The installer should install the following files:

AAX32: C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesAvidAudioPlug-Ins 
      AAX64: C:Program FilesCommon FilesAvidAudioPlug-Ins 
      VST32: C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesSteinbergVST2 
      VST64: C:Program FilesCommon FilesSteinbergVST2 
      Presets: C:Users<user name>My DocumentsEventideUltraChannelPresets (these will be all of the .tide files you mentioned)

Can you confirm that all of those files are in fact present on your machine? If they are, in Adobe audition go to Effects > Audio Plug-in Manager, and in the VST Plug-in Folders section, add c:Program FilesCommon FilesSteinbergVST2 as a custom folder (assuming that Audition is 64-bit). Then in the Available Plug-ins section, hit Scan For Plug-ins, select the plug-ins you want to access and hit OK.

Please let me know if that doesn't solve the problem.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.