In Reference to the “FactorLib V1.8 problems” Sticky Post

Home Forums Products Stompboxes In Reference to the “FactorLib V1.8 problems” Sticky Post

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      brock
      Participant

I appreciate the candor, Eventide guys / gals.  You didn't have to post those findings; it could've stayed in-house.   But I believe that this rare kind of openness pays loyalty dividends from among your user base.  And thanks to Nick for confirming that (in this instance, anyway) I wasn't going crazy.  I wonder if you also came across a few corrupted preset parameters in the described V2.x-V3.x  process?

I stumbled across the same workarounds found in the sticky.  I've spent quite a bit of time using those workarounds, and I can confirm that they do work.  Once you make the initial adjustment, the problems don't return again (as they're now "V3x presets", I suspect).  As mentioned in another thread, renaming a preset anything (even a single character) in the pedal will "cure" the preset.

EdDrake
      Participant

I appreciate this too however I still don't quite understand Nick's 2nd solution. I don't recall ever seeing anything like Preset 1.0 to delete. Is this Preset 1.0 in the Factor Lib window itself or on the xml file that works with the syx file?

I remember trying all of this stuff when I first upgraded. I tried deleting patch names and renaming everything and ended up having to scrap it all and initialize and reset my TimeFactor pedal to get it working. My patch names never did work at all on the pedal when I first upgraded from v2 to the beta 3 but after the reset and initialize they did so maybe there was more going on in my pedal than just the weird numbers which I did see.

It's all working now but I had to recreate my patches from scratch, luckily they were based on the factory presets.

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
       I don't recall ever seeing anything like Preset 1.0 to delete. Is this Preset 1.0 in the Factor Lib window itself or on the xml file that works with the syx file?

In FactorLib.  There's a bit more information on that to be found here.  Fourth paragraph of the post.

timothyhill

brock:

I appreciate the candor, Eventide guys / gals.  You didn't have to post those findings; it could've stayed in-house.   But I believe that this rare kind of openness pays loyalty dividends from among your user base. 

+1000 Absolutely!! The hardware's great, but the fact that Eventide actually does listen to their users (and admits that nothing's always perfect) is the reason I'm sure I'll be using Eventide gear for life.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.