Increased Lag When Switching presets with Version 5.0.0? – Pitchfactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Increased Lag When Switching presets with Version 5.0.0? – Pitchfactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

So after updating I am noticing that switching from a harmonized preset like say, a Diatonic preset, to a Synthonizer preset takes almost a full 2 seconds of lag time now!
      Is this normal? I don't think it took that long before.
      Is any one else experiencing this??? 

derelict78
      Participant

I'm having the same issue. 

bodhijames

Same issue with my Pitchfactor after SW upgrade

gkellum
      Participant

We're looking into it.  Thanks for the feedback.

bodhijames

Any update on the lagging issue when changing presets?

Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Later this year – some load times are more than halved …. but you'll have to be patient.

sshep7

Noticed lag when updated to 5.2.  Makes presets unusable in a live situation.  Can i go back to old software version?

gkellum
        Participant
        sshep7 wrote:

Noticed lag when updated to 5.2.  Makes presets unusable in a live situation.  Can i go back to old software version?

Yes, if you open up the Eventide Direct Updater with your PitchFactor, it will show you the v5.2 release and the last PitchFactor release.  If you want another version than the last PitchFactor release, just send an email to support@eventide.com and we'll either add it to the Eventide Direct Updater or email it to you.

sshep7

Went back to 3.5, now can’t switch between presets with knob.  Stuck on Diatonic.  Email me last software update without latency issues,maybe 4.5?  sshep7@hotmail.com

thx.

gkellum wrote:

sshep7 wrote:

Yes, if you open up the Eventide Direct Updater with your PitchFactor, it will show you the v5.2 release and the last PitchFactor release.  If you want another version than the last PitchFactor release, just send an email to support@eventide.com and we’ll either add it to the Eventide Direct Updater or email it to you.

gkellum
        Participant
        sshep7 wrote:

Went back to 3.5, now can't switch between presets with knob.  Stuck on Diatonic.  Email me last software update without latency issues,maybe 4.5?  sshep7@hotmail.com

There wasn't a 4.5 release for PitchFactor.  That 3.5 release was the last production release.  There was a beta release before this on (v5.1 maybe?) that I could send you on Monday.  (I need to get it from someone…)  It's weird though that you're stuck on Diatonic.  Maybe, the software didn't install correctly?  You could try re-initializing the system settings to see if that helps.  With the PitchFactor you'd turn it off and then turn it on again with the right footswitch and the algorithm selector knob pressed, or you could try re-installing the software.  

gkellum
        Participant
        sshep7 wrote:

Went back to 3.5, now can't switch between presets with knob.  Stuck on Diatonic.  Email me last software update without latency issues,maybe 4.5?  

Ok, actually, there was a 4.5 release.  I just added that 4.5 release as well as the more recent 5.1 release to the Eventide Direct Updater.  So, you should be able to download and install those releases from that app.

As I was testing to make sure those releases download and install correctly, I also saw the problem you described with the preset selector knob not working.  In my case resetting the system settings as I described above fixed the problem.  Hopefully, it did so for you as well.

gkellum
        Participant
        sshep7 wrote:

Noticed lag when updated to 5.2.  

Could you tell us if there were any factory presets in particular that seemed slow to load?  I talked to my colleague, Nick, about the issue, and he actually did some work to accelerate the preset loading in the 5.2 release and was surprised to hear that anyone perceived it to be slower.  We've asked one of our testers to A/B the latest release against the 4.5 release, but it would be helpful if we had some particular presets to concentrate on.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.