Incrementing/decrementing and loading presets of Timefactor with midi

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Incrementing/decrementing and loading presets of Timefactor with midi

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      gkellum
      Participant
      Guybrush wrote:

I own a Timefactor stompbox and would like to increment/decrement and load presets using MIDI. 

I've updated the Timefactor, and used the H9 Control to set the right CC messages, but presets are not loaded, just incremented. Is that normal?

There are pedal functions in H9 Control named "Increment Preset", "Decrement Preset", "Increment and Load Preset", and "Decrement and Load Preset".  If you want the presets to automatically load, you'll want to assign the MIDI CC messages to those last two functions. 

Guybrush
      Participant
      Hello everyone,

I own a Timefactor stompbox and would like to increment/decrement and load presets using MIDI. 

I’ve updated the Timefactor, and used the H9 Control to set the right CC messages, but presets are not loaded, just incremented. Is that normal?

Does anyone know how to do so?

Thanks for the help!

Joseph

Guybrush
      Participant

I’ve tested the function “Increment and Load” and “Decrement”, but it’s not working in my case…

And these functions are not accessible on the TImefactor menu itself…

Guybrush
      Participant

I’ve done some more intensive test today, and I’m absolutely unable to increment/decrement and load preset using a midi controller.

I’ve tried the function from H9 software without success : no difference between “increment and load” and “increment” : the result is just incrementing the bank without loading… I don’t want to increment the bank, I want to increment the presets…

I did the same test on the stompbox itself, and same result : I can increment/decrement bank without loading…

I’ve tested the Program change midi function, and I’m able to go to different presets, but I have to know which one! In my case, it’s painful : I just want to have a button to increment and load every preset, and another one to do same the same by decrementing….

Do I miss something? 

For information, the stombox has the 5.2.0.6 firmware.

Help very appreciated!

gkellum
      Participant

Hm… I'll have to talk to my colleague Nick when he gets back from vacation about whether "increment and load" is supposed to be supported on the TimeFactor.  We originally put that function in for H9 users, and since the TimeFactor is laid out in banks, I could understand why it might not work on the TimeFactor.

Another route you could go is get a MIDI footswitch with up and down buttons that send out program change messages.  I believe a few of the disaster area midi footswitches work that way.  Other options have come up in this forum and in the H9 owners thread on thegearpage.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The 'Factors don't have an increment and load concept since they are bank-based without directly sequential program numbers. I see no reason why it could not be added in the future, although it would be a little non-intuitive.

Guybrush
      Participant

Thanks for the reply.

Being able to control the “increment and load” function would be really really great and absolutely intuitive for me. 

I’m working on a show and I’m about to enter production stage next week, is there any chance to have this features soon? (Yeah I know, I’m full of hope, but having that features would be really great!).

Thanks for all your help and feedback.

Joe

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We'll add it to the liist, but can't give a date at this time.

This is also something that a suitable MIDIcontroller might do (not use of word might).

Guybrush
      Participant

Yes, I know, I’m already working on that (among many other MIDI stuff for the show…)…

It’s just that I’ve seen it in the H9 control options, so I hope to have it one day for real…

By the way, if you have any beta firmware on the subject, I’m absolutely ok to test it 😉

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.