Infected Blackhole installer?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Infected Blackhole installer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      bthorp
      Participant

I just purchased Blackhole.  When I installed it I got the following message from Bitdefender anti-virus:

The file c:program filescommon filesavidaudioplug-inseventideblackhole.aaxplugincontentswin32blackhole.aaxplugin is infected with Gen:Variant.Renos.41 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

Has anyone else run in to this?

nsanchez
      Eventide Staff

There is no virus in that installer. Your antivirus software is incorrect. We've seen reports like this in the past because there is a computer virus called Blackhole. Here’s what wiki says: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackhole_exploit_kit You'll need to temporarily disable the antivirus software if you want to install the plug-in. Sorry for any inconvenience.

bthorp wrote:

I just purchased Blackhole.  When I installed it I got the following message from Bitdefender anti-virus:

The file c:program filescommon filesavidaudioplug-inseventideblackhole.aaxplugincontentswin32blackhole.aaxplugin is infected with Gen:Variant.Renos.41 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

Has anyone else run in to this?

Brainwave

Yes, I am trying to install the above plug in and Bitdefender has quarantined it because it contains a GEN.VARIANT.RENOS.41 trojan. It will not let me install it

Please can Eventide contact Bitdefender to tell them this is a false positive, so we can install the plug in with confidence?

Thanks.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi – yes, we will contact them about whitelisting our installers.

resob
      Participant

Same problem here, I could not install the Blackhole. Even all of my other purchased products have the same virus issue “Gen:Variant.Renos.41”. I hope they get it done as I was looking forword to each and every update has been released here the last year has finally fixed that issue, it didn’t, it’s always just a dissapointment. To say there was a virus called blackbole years ago must be a joke, who can belive in this?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.