Input LEDs

Home Forums Products Rackmount Input LEDs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      ttosh

I am getting great sound out of the Eclipse but the input LED's are dark. I am using XLR to 1/4" cables for +4 into the Bogner XTC Effects loop. Things sound great but the tuner does not seem to work and the LED's are dark. Which levels should be set to make the input signal hotter. I thought this would be the Master or Analog In signals, the Master cranked all the way up did not affect the LED's at all. 

Thanks for any assistance. 

IDeangelis

Hi

which OS version is running in your unit?

The level you need to boost is IN GAIN, under LEVELS. This can add up to +10dB gain.

If this doesn't help, then check:

-is the FX loop a true 0 or +4 dB line level one?

-are the cables properly wired/soldered? We have a technote on this and the manual explains soldering.

-you need to connect only 1 input, then set LEVELS > IN MODE to  MONO 1 or MONO 2, depending on which input you have connected.

If LEDs light up in the yellow area, you are fine.

all the best

I

ttosh

I am using Version 3.5 of the OS.

I will go into levels and setup the IN GAIN to see if this helps. I can use Serial or Parallel on the loop. I am currently using Parallel. 

I have only input 1 connected and have it set on IN MODE to MONO 1

If the above does not work I will reivew the technote to make sure this is not an issue. 

Thanks for your quick response.

IDeangelis

You should update the unit to latest V3.51. This is what we support.

With a parallel loop (cool!) set Eclipse on full WET.

best

I

ttosh

I Updated to 3.51 and set the IN GAIN all the way up and I get the first LED to flicker. I checked the cables and they seem to be in good shape, etc.. I am getting great tone from the Bogner and the Eventide just no LEDs to gauge input levels with. It is not distorting and sounds fine, with this being the case should I be concerned?

IDeangelis

Well…likely the Bogner is not sending enough juice at that level. I don't know which pot on the amp works as loop level send. Often this is the Master, thus requiring some "bold"playing level to get the right input to the effect processor.

I'm assuming youare not playing that loud. But if you are…I'd check the Bogner manual or their support to know which level the FX loop works at.

-10 dB or 0/+4 dB?

If it's a "minus" value, then you need to use jacks, not XLRs, on the Eclipse.

best

I

ttosh

The Bogner manual states that it is +4, however going to 1/4" cables solved the problem and I now have excellent levels on the left side of the two levels. Is it possible to set the right side level indicator up to see a different level, such as output level?

IDeangelis

Actually you *may* have a problem now, w/1/4" jacks.

The number of leds lit depends on 2 factors, choosen level impedance and how send to Eclipse level is set.

With a +4dB device you must use XLRs on Eventides. The fact you don't see yellow led lit may definitely depend on how high is the playing level on your amp. Most amps use the Master output as FX Loop SEND level; this is a bit awkward as the connected processor can only be properly driven by a hefty master out setting, that is the amp has to be played quite loud to run the FX as it should. Other factors may be in charge here but having no other info there's not much speculation to do.

As I suggested, try XLRs and raise the amp pot that controls FX Loop send (check the amp manual) until you see yellow led going on.

Some amps have a dedicated SEND pot close to the FX loop (good!)….

all the best

I

flyangus

The XTC send level is controlled by the volume on the front panel, this explains why you have little to no signal – try cranking the amp! The other way to do it is to run the amp in series and use the Master volume on the back as the overall master volume – the VOL controls on the front are now SEND level controls.

John01W

Fly has it right.

The best suggestion is to use the channel masters as the send level and keep it there don't mess with it when you find the sweet spot(til' it's driving the eclipse, with a little headroom for good measure)…..then use if you have one the effects return as your overall volume control which is basically a power amp volume control.

series the loop and external mixer is the best option(like a switchblade, or a suhr mini mix for great sound for a great price)

The amp will sound better with the channel masters cranked like that. It does on my head anyway. I use a suhr head(pt100) and switchblade with the eclipse(balanced) ran exactly like this.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.