INPUT/OUTPUT LEVELS: LINE, INSTR, AMP for AMP LOOPS

Home Forums Products Stompboxes INPUT/OUTPUT LEVELS: LINE, INSTR, AMP for AMP LOOPS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mpovoden

Please explain why it is recommended that the input levels and output levels when used in an amps' parallel or serial loop be set to LINE.  What happens in they're not?  I understand there's a level difference in impedance, but how does this transfer to why one should be used over the other?

Thnx,
      Mo

PS – this is almost it for the questions – thanks Alan & Co. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Amplifier effects loops vary and there is no standard – they can be series, parallel, line level, guitar level, etc.. They are usually (but not always) line level, so this is why it is recommended to set the ?F's levels to line. But, essentially you should use whatever settings work best for you and your amp.

I rewired my pedalboard in this way: Marshall JVM effects loop send at -10 dbs to H9 imput (withouth change in and outs levels), H9 out to Time Factor input but at instrument level, then Time Factor output in line level to amp return. Sounds great. The questions is: any problems to set the in at instrument level and the out at line level??

Thanks!! 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.