Insert Mode Lists vs. Dual mode Lists.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Insert Mode Lists vs. Dual mode Lists.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jlane0710
      Participant

I understand there are independent Program Lists for Insert Mode and Dual Mode.

I assume that all of the Factory Programs are available in either list (or will we have to migrate them over if we plan to use Dual Mode?)

If they are already incorporated into a Dual Mode List, I was wondering if they are just all on Path 1 or Path 2, or does it depend on the algorithms used (i.e. delays/reverbs on path 2 and wah/crush on Path 1)?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just anxiously awaiting my H90….

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hello jlane0710,

I assume that all of the Factory Programs are available in either list

Correct.

If they are already incorporated into a Dual Mode List, I was wondering if they are just all on Path 1 or Path 2, or does it depend on the algorithms used (i.e. delays/reverbs on path 2 and wah/crush on Path 1)?

They are all on Path 1. If the Programs were in parallel routing in the Insert Mode version, they will also appear in parallel in the Dual Mode list but in parallel on Path 1.

jlane0710
      Participant

Thank you.

So, it may make sense, for some of the Programs, (using Dual Mode) to move them to Path 2 and save as a User Program…

With my H9s, I find that, for harmonies, in most cases, it sounds better if I distort the signal first, then harmonize it.  The Octaver is one exception I can think of because it seems to track a clean signal much better than a dirty one.  But the other pitch modes seem to do fine with a dirty signal.

And, of course, Reverbs and busy delays will probably sound better on Path 2.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

So, it may make sense, for some of the Programs, (using Dual Mode) to move them to Path 2 and save as a User Program…

Yes.

And, of course, Reverbs and busy delays will probably sound better on Path 2.

Agree.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.