Installation of H9 control software problems on MAC OS Big Sur 11.4

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Installation of H9 control software problems on MAC OS Big Sur 11.4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      tx9a

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I’ve looked around for answers on it and they have not been forthcoming so I hope you don’t mind my making a forum post on the subject. 

I have an Eventide Space and used to manage the preset lists on the h9 control software. 

I haven’t used the software in a couple of years, and no longer have the PC that I used to use to manage my Eventide Space. 

I am using macs again, but don’t seem to be able to download the software necessary to manage the preset lists. I have a show tomorrow (our first for a while because of the restrictions on indoor gigs where I live) so there is a bit of a time pressure on me to sort it out and I’ve left it later than I should have done. There are only a couple of presets I need to copy, swap in and out etc so it is frustrating that the software just isn’t liking me at the moment lol. 

I tried to use the software on a Windows tablet to see if that would work and it would install but I would then get a message about within the software window about protocols when I tried to connect the eventide space via wire to the tablet. 

I haven’t updated the stompbox in some time either so I imagine that is probably quite an important thing to do, particularly because at one of the last shows I did pre-covid the stompbox had some kind of crash where it cycled through presets mid-song which was extremely off-putting. 

Thank you so much for all of your help, sorry for the long essay but I wanted to give as much info as I could as this forum has been really helpful to me in the past 🙂 

Thanks, 

Will

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      tx9a wrote:
      I am using macs again, but don’t seem to be able to download the software necessary to manage the preset lists.

I’m trying to get a clearer picture of the problem. Are you trying to access preset lists that you’ve created previsouly on the Windows machine or just trying to get H9 Control to work on your Mac period?

tx9a wrote:
      I tried to use the software on a Windows tablet to see if that would work and it would install but I would then get a message about within the software window about protocols when I tried to connect the eventide space via wire to the tablet.

Is it possible to take a screenshot of the message?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Here is the download link for the latest version of H9 Control along with instructions on upgrading the pedal to the latest firmware. These instructions are for an H9 but they also work for Space. I would backup your Space presets to a list on the app before attempting any update.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9-control-app-mac-osx-109

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

This sounds like more of communication problem then a compatibility issue. Try to check your USB devices on Windows. If on Mac, you should check the MIDI studio, and try resetting the device by removing it there. See if that clears up the issue.

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Eventide is testing out a new version of H9 Control. Try installing this on your Mac: https://etide.io/xo916

There’s no reason it wouldn’t work on Big Sur.

tx9a

Thank you, this version has downloaded so I can now sort everything in one place. 

The last issue I have is even more embarrassing, I can’t remember the username of the account that I would have registered the pedal with (it was back in January 2017 or something and as I say, I no longer have the PC that I had those credentials saved on). 

So basically I can now get into the H9 software, I am logged into this newer account I have with Eventide, the Mac is reading the Eventide h9 as a device, but I think it now needs to be registered to the account that I am signed in with in H9 control for me to be able to do anything with the software/pedal combination in preparation for my show tomorrow lol. 

Can I dm you with the serial number of the Space if that helps? How would I go about sorting this last part of the problem? 

Thank you so much for your help and patience so far! 

Willl

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Do you have these pedals registered under a different account?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Just making a note that this was resolved by restoring the System Settings – power cycling the pedal while having the right footswitch and encoder simultaneously pressed.

tx9a
      joecozzi wrote:
      tx9a wrote:
      I am using macs again, but don’t seem to be able to download the software necessary to manage the preset lists.

I’m trying to get a clearer picture of the problem. Are you trying to access preset lists that you’ve created previsouly on the Windows machine or just trying to get H9 Control to work on your Mac period?

tx9a wrote:

Appreciate the response, basically both of those are my problem. 

I was trying to get H9 Control to work on my Mac period, like you say… in order to be able to manage preset lists. Because I could not get H9 to even install on my mac (it is a newish macbook pro, bought in Feb 21), I tried to go back to windows; I was able to install the H9 control, but when I connected my Space I got the message about protocols. Let me get the Windows tablet I used (it is not my usual device) and I will get a screenshot of the message. 

I will try to be about five mins, thank you, 

Will

tx9a
      joecozzi wrote:
      tx9a wrote:

tx9a wrote:

The is the most recent error message: 

tx9a
      tx9a wrote:

joecozzi wrote:
      tx9a wrote:

tx9a wrote:

The is the most recent error message: 

And then after that message – once I press okay – returns the one about protocols:

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.