Instrument (Guitar) Signal to Effects/Output Lag Time

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Instrument (Guitar) Signal to Effects/Output Lag Time

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Moleman
      Participant

My H9 Max has suddenly begun behaving differently in regard to the (guitar) instrument signal and certain presets.  The behavior is new and out of the blue, and not all effects are behaving in this way.

On the affected presets, such as most in Time Factor (some in Space and others), there is nearly a one-second lag before I hear the initial note of the guitar signal in the output–as opposed to hearing the initial note simultaneous with plucking the string on the guitar, and then having lagged (delayed) repetition effect.  

Nothing has changed with the guitar.  Both amps (I tried a second to be sure) are running clean without issue.  

Oddly, there are some unaffected presets that exhibit no noticeable lag whatsoever.  I’ve tried a factory reset to no avail.  All software is up-to-date.

Please help!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

This sounds like it may be a firmware issue. Try this:

1-Connect to a computer via USB and open up H9 Control. Backup all the presets on the pedal to a list in H9 Control.

2-Go to the Pedal tab on the app and click on Stompbox software. Reinstall the latest firmware.

3-Lastly, conduct a factory reset by turning the pedal on while holding the right footswitch & the hotknob BUTTON down. It’ll take a few seconds to reset.

That should take care of the issue, in most cases. At this point, you may download your backup preset list back to your pedal.

Moleman
      Participant

Thanks so much!  I have one question: I am unclear of the procedure for backing up all the presets to a list in H9 Control.  Any click/nesting guidance and or a tutorial link would be appreciated!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Follow this link to learn how to backup the presets on your pedal using H9 Control: https://youtu.be/4pj4jAbH-0I

Moleman
      Participant

These steps resolved the issue.  Many thanks! Appreciate the speedy responses!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.