Integrating H90 with Quad Cortex?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Integrating H90 with Quad Cortex?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Lightborne
      Participant

Hey everyone – wondering if anyone has integrated an H90 with a Quad Cortex yet? I am curious about I/O routing. Both devices basically have two effects loops, and both are capable of putting their effects loops anywhere (or almost anywhere) in the signal chain. With all this choice, I’m scratching my head as to how to hook them up to make an insanely flexible rig.

The easiest way I can figure is to just put the H90 in one of the effects loops of the QC and call it a day. I guess I’m just curious if anyone out there has any more creative setups that unlocked even more possibilities.

Asking here instead of trying anything out myself because my H90 hasn’t shipped yet!

philh0954
      Participant

I finally got my H90 a week or so ago and have a QC coming tomorrow and will be experimenting with exactly that. My first thought like yours will be putting the H90 into the QC to create a stereo FX loop. From there I’ll play around where the FX loop block will go. My initial thought would be to put it before the amp but maybe it depends a bit on which of the H90 algorithms I’m using. One thing for certain is I’m going to love investigating the process.

jhilleary
      Participant

That’s how I started but really wanted stereo capability in both H90 presets, so now I run the QC with loops 1&2 connected to I/Os 1&2 of the H90 (in dual mode), then have QC Outputs 3/4 going into H90 Inputs 3&4; then H90 Outputs eventually go to my cabs/headphones. This works well for me, as I will use the first H90 preset in QC as Loop1/2 and can place it anywhere, then pretty much always use the second H90 preset for reverb or tremolo, or anything else to go at the very end.

If curious, I then run the H90 3&4 Outs into my Boss RC-5 loop pedal, then into a little stereo splitter – one goes to my 2 cabs, the other into a little mixer for headphones or extra line outs to monitors or wherever. Really happy with it so far!

philh0954
      Participant

That’s how I started but really wanted stereo capability in both H90 presets, so now I run the QC with loops 1&2 connected to I/Os 1&2 of the H90 (in dual mode), then have QC Outputs 3/4 going into H90 Inputs 3&4; then H90 Outputs eventually go to my cabs/headphones. This works well for me, as I will use the first H90 preset in QC as Loop1/2 and can place it anywhere, then pretty much always use the second H90 preset for reverb or tremolo, or anything else to go at the very end. If curious, I then run the H90 3&4 Outs into my Boss RC-5 loop pedal, then into a little stereo splitter – one goes to my 2 cabs, the other into a little mixer for headphones or extra line outs to monitors or wherever. Really happy with it so far!

Interesting! With so many routing options in both the H90 & the QC, the possibilities seem endless. Thanks for posting yours!

Lightborne
      Participant

That’s how I started but really wanted stereo capability in both H90 presets, so now I run the QC with loops 1&2 connected to I/Os 1&2 of the H90 (in dual mode), then have QC Outputs 3/4 going into H90 Inputs 3&4; then H90 Outputs eventually go to my cabs/headphones. This works well for me, as I will use the first H90 preset in QC as Loop1/2 and can place it anywhere, then pretty much always use the second H90 preset for reverb or tremolo, or anything else to go at the very end. If curious, I then run the H90 3&4 Outs into my Boss RC-5 loop pedal, then into a little stereo splitter – one goes to my 2 cabs, the other into a little mixer for headphones or extra line outs to monitors or wherever. Really happy with it so far!

Very interesting.  This is very close to what I want to be able to do, but if I understand you correctly your limitation is that Preset 2 on the H90 must always come after the QC – in other words you can’t put it into the QC’s routing rows because it’s connected to the QC outputs.

If I didn’t care about Stereo (and I don’t really right now) do you think I would be able to wire everything such that H90’s Preset 1 is in the QC’s Loop 1 and H90’s Preset 2 is in loop 2?  Would dual mode routing support that?

jhilleary
        Participant

Yes, both of your statements are correct! If you don’t care about stereo, then Preset 1 on the H90 can be in Loop 1 of the QC and Preset 2 can be Loop 2 of the QC, then you can move each loop where you want it on your QC flow! This will work in both Dual Mode and Insert Mode – you just need to ensure you’re using the correct I/Os on the H90 depending on which one you choose. Insert mode is interesting of you have other pedals you’d also like to piggy-back on the H90 and bring into the QC – and you can also control where in the H90 signal flow they’re placed (before or after Preset 1 and/or 2).

guitarguy107
      Participant

I’m doing running the QC as my main and the H90 1 and 2 into my QC. The H90 is in dual mode. I can hear some patches from the h90 but others I do not hear anything. Anyone figure this out?

dannysomerville
      Participant

Are any of you still running QC and H90? Im thinking about getting a QC to try but Im thinking the latency must be pretty high? H90 is 5ms and QC sends are like 3-4 each plus its base. It must be getting close to 15-20ms which is noticeable for me. The only workaround I could see is H90 in kill dry and parallel path in the QC?

Lightborne
      Participant

yeah, I am still running the QC and H90 and I have never once noticed any issues with latency.  But I don’t think I’d ever be able to perceive 15 ms of latency so YMMV.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.