iOS Plugins and MIDI assignment

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins iOS Plugins and MIDI assignment

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      vichightaian
      Participant

Is there a way to customize the MIDI parameters on these?

I have gone though a few and it seems (CC) #1 is Ribbon (CC) #2 is active and 3&4 vary on each.

Ultra tap-

(CC) #1    Ribbon

(CC) #2    Active

(CC) #3    Hot Switch

(CC) #4    Tap

For the record, I would love a built in XY pad like the H9 has ……….

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi, at the moment there is no way to customize the MIDI message to parameter mapping.

An XY pad is an interesting idea… can't make any guarantees though!

vichightaian
      Participant

SO I have found a way to control all aspects of the plugin via iOS.  That is with AUM.  This app is great, lets you route effects and is a mixer and much more.. Look into it, you can setup channel strips and route all plugin parameters through the app.

super stoked

phoberman
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

Hi, at the moment there is no way to customize the MIDI message to parameter mapping.

This is a real problem for me. I’m using a Akai EWI USB breath controller with the iOS plugins, and both CC 1 and CC 2 are (by convention) used for the bite and breath sensors, respectively. While I am able to replace these with different CCs, I already have a lot of presets (in other plugins, etc) that assume CC 1 and 2 are for bite & breath, and all of these would have to be reprogrammed. Not the end of the world, but a headache. Couldn’t you at least have chosen CCs that are less commonly used? And is there any chance the option to set different CCs could be added to the plugins?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hey – we have it marked as a feature request in our system and hope to address it in the future.

In the meantime, it's not an ideal solution, but you could use the MIDI Filter button to disable sending MIDI to the iOS plugin. This way you at least wouldn't get unintended control of the iOS plugin.

phoberman
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

Hey – we have it marked as a feature request in our system and hope to address it in the future.

In the meantime, it’s not an ideal solution, but you could use the MIDI Filter button to disable sending MIDI to the iOS plugin. This way you at least wouldn’t get unintended control of the iOS plugin.

Thanks for the response. Keeping my fingers crossed that this option will get added soon

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.