iPad is not recognizing multiple H9s

Home Forums Products Stompboxes iPad is not recognizing multiple H9s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      gkellum
      Participant

Fog_ducker:

My H9 and core are not connecting together with my ipad?  They will individually, but whatever one I connect first becomes my only option?  On the ipad itself, it shows that they are both connected in my settings, but the Bluetooth icon only engages on one pedal?

What model of iPad are you using and what version OS is installed on it? BadMelonFarmer mentioned on thegearpage that he wasn't able to connect more than two H9s at a time to his iPad Air, but this is the first time I've heard of someone not being able to connect more than one H9 at a time.
      fog_ducker
      Participant

I am also using an iPad Air.  Version 7.1.2.

gkellum
      Participant

Fog_ducker:

I am also using an iPad Air.  Version 7.1.2.

Alright, thanks, we'll have to try with the same set-up and see if we can reproduce this…

KevinFreud

have your issue is fixed?  iPad 1st generation model can’t  connect more than two H9s at the same time. 

daviddb
      Participant

Just to reinforce this, I’ve only ever ONCE managed to get 2 H9’s connected simultanously on Bluetooth, and I’ve tried using iPad and Mac Pro.  I’ve ended up doing my preset programming with one H9 connected via iPad and the other one via my Mac.

Johnas
        daviddb wrote:

Just to reinforce this, I’ve only ever ONCE managed to get 2 H9’s connected simultanously on Bluetooth, and I’ve tried using iPad and Mac Pro.  I’ve ended up doing my preset programming with one H9 connected via iPad and the other one via my Mac.

Daviddb try this:

I want to confirm the above with a slight variation on the above mention workaround,in which in my case i dont press IGNORE
        at the first pop up,
        1.forget this network on all other bluetooth connected devices
        2.Power up the 2 H9s
        3.Have them both on a not connected status
        4.press connect to the 1st device watching the 2nd blue Led on the pedal.
        5.When the second blue Led lights up and the status on ipad shows connected,
        6.press quickly connect to the second device,before the 1st pop up window
        7.When the 1st pop up appear do nothing it will disapear and soon after a 2nd pop up window appears for approval.
        8.Press Allow and watch that the second blue Led on the second device is light up and the Ipad tab sows connected.
        9.You now have both units connected .Voila!
        IOS 12.8
        Ipad Air1
        2xH9

skywriter
      Participant

IIRC At one time there was an Apple Bluetooth connection implementation that manifested as a limit on H9’s of 3 for 32bit iPads, and 1 (or 2?) for 64 bit iPads. Eventide contacted apple about this, but I don’t remember a resolution. FWIW, I use a gen 4 ipad with USB to connect to 5 H9’s because of the limit I had to use 2 iPads when I connected with Bluetooth.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.