Is anyone using an expression pedal

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Is anyone using an expression pedal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      afullerton
      Participant

I'm looking for more ideas on ways to use my expression pedal. I have it connected to my Modfactor. I get a very fat sound sweeping the flange and phaser with an expression pedal. I've found that a good effect is to freeze the phaser and flange on a "sweet spot". I have the shape set to expression pedal so I'm not using any LFO's. This sounds incredibly fat with my Keeley Fuzzhead.
      I also have a Timefactor, but the expression pedal seems to work best with the Modfactor. I'd also like to hear any ideas on using an expression pedal with a Timefactor.
      Thanks

I use one with Timefactor….I almost always set it to control wet/dry mix. Sometimes I'll use it to control feedback for A and B (set it for lots of repeats on toe down), and rarely I'll use it for A/B blend. 

Wet/Dry via expression is awesome though…I like to get cool sounds happening, punch the Hold/repeat button, and use the expression pedal to fade my mini loops in and out.

Cheers

Kris 

afullerton
      Participant

Thanks, Kris. I've been using the expression pedal on my ModFactor, but it might be better used on the Timefactor.

woodshed

What expression pedal are you using with your TimeFactor? I'm looking for one now myself.

ljholland

I'm using this one from M-Audio:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/EXP-main.html 

It's very solid but like all of them, made from plastic.  This one appears bullet proof.  Cost about $40. 

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

How is the sensitivity? I'm using a Beringer and a Ernie Ball Volume, and it's really hard to dial in…..goes from 0 to 66% in a teeny rotation…

grovest

I've found expression pedal is a great fit on the time factor to map to delay time and/or feedback. The sound of the delay 'opening up' as you move the toe down on the pedal is very cool. I'm using the EB VP JR active pedal.

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

Yes, I'm using the same Ernie Ball pedal, BUT it has too much sensitivity…a SLIGHT rotation gives me max throw….no way to tweak, it's all or none….

woodshed

I used my EB Vol Jr & with an adaptor cable worked great. I'm going to use it live & see how I like it. It works great with the factory presets. 

plinky

Can't afford a new expression pedal after buying the TimeFactor, so I made one using an old Boss FV-50L volume pedal I had. It has a 20K dual gang pot inside. I just desoldered the pcbs from the pot and the tuner out jack, and then tucked the pcbs out of sight incase I wanted the volume pedal back. Then I just soldered new leads from the pot to the tuner out jack. It has the same sensitivity concerns as the VP Jr., but for not spending any more money, it works just fine for me. 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.