Is the H9s input gain pre set too high?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Is the H9s input gain pre set too high?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      joeydego
      Participant

Using the H9 with a Jubilee 2555 head. I have the input gain on the pedal set to zero and it still clips. Any pointers? 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You've done all you can on the H9 – the problem is that you are feeding it a very high input. Your only options now are to reduce the input signal level, either by adjusting it at the source, or using a pad of some kind. A pad can be essentially two resistors.

The problem is that the H9 is designed for a guitar input, not a hot line level. In hindsight, we should have added the line level switch that the 'Factors have. But, there were probably reasons why we didn't.

joeydego
      Participant

Do you think ebtech’s line level shifter would do the trick? If I DONT go back to the effects return of the head line level, would there be a significant drop in volume? 

LeeSteel

I have my H9 in the FX LOOP of a HD500X and I have noticed that I need to reduce the FX send by 13db to tame this beast. I don’t know how that relates to Eventide’s anser above but my experience has been that this pedal does have an excessive amount of gain.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.