Is there a phone app editor for the Timefactor??

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Is there a phone app editor for the Timefactor??

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everybody,
      I’ve been a loyal Timefactor user since 2009ish, but I haven’t kept up with all the latest features since my old band ended when my partner/lead singer didn’t want to take record deal (grr). Got a new band now and need to make a buncha new presets. Looks like I need to update too, as I’m still on software v.2.4.2!!

I’m wondering: can I use a software editor on my iPhone to edit the TimeFactor—WITHOUT purchasing the H9? Can I go from my phone’s lightning jack to the TF’s USB jack?

For a few reasons, I lost my G.A.S. years ago and haven’t kept up with all the tech. Now, I’m looking mainly at pragmatic matters like this. Thanks for any tips you can offer!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The latest version of TimeFactor software supports H9Control, our Mac/PC/iOs editor. See Website for upgrade instructions.

You'll have to talk to Mr.Mac about connecting to TF's USB, but it is possible. (Don't ask me how – I'm not not a Mac guy).

So, it is possible buit some research on your part will be required.

Given To Fly
      Participant

You will need this:
      https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter
      Then you will need the correct USB cable. I describe it as one end looks like a “house.” (I do not work for Eventide.) The “house” end connects to your TimeFactor, the normal end connects to the Apple Camera Adapter, the Lightning end connects to your iOS device on which H9 Control needs to be downloaded. Then you can control your TimeFactor.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      arcadesonfire wrote:
      I’m wondering: can I use a software editor on my iPhone to edit the TimeFactor—WITHOUT purchasing the H9? Can I go from my phone’s lightning jack to the TF’s USB jack? For a few reasons, I lost my G.A.S. years ago and haven’t kept up with all the tech. Now, I’m looking mainly at pragmatic matters like this. Thanks for any tips you can offer!

Yes. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rcqZTkE4dY

nickrose wrote:

The latest version of TimeFactor software supports H9Control, our Mac/PC/iOs editor. See Website for upgrade instructions.

You'll have to talk to Mr.Mac about connecting to TF's USB, but it is possible. (Don't ask me how – I'm not not a Mac guy).

So, it is possible buit some research on your part will be required.

Ah, thank you. I had assumed I needed to buy the actual H9 pedal to use H9 software. I’ll look into this further now.

Given To Fly wrote:
      You will need this:
      https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter
      Then you will need the correct USB cable. I describe it as one end looks like a “house.” (I do not work for Eventide.) The “house” end connects to your TimeFactor, the normal end connects to the Apple Camera Adapter, the Lightning end connects to your iOS device on which H9 Control needs to be downloaded. Then you can control your TimeFactor.

Awesome!! Thank you!! I read that the big, square usb jack on the Timefactor is USB type B. Should be easy to find. I downloaded the H9 Control app yesterday. If this all works out, it will save tons of time and will seriously save my back (as it recently needed surgery). Thanks very much for the help!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.