Issues with ProTools 9

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Issues with ProTools 9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      enricocremonesi
      Participant

Hi,I have just installed Pro Tools 9 on my Mac Pro with OSX 10.6.5.

When I launch PT 9 I get two "fatal errors" regarding the H 949 and the Quadravox

Sometimes PT9 even crashes before starting,sometimes it tells me if I want to move those 2 plugins in the "Unused plugin" folder (Now I have done that to avoid issues)…is it a way to solve this or is it a known bug that will be solved in a future release?

Thank u very much 4 your help.

Kind regards

Enrico Cremonesi

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Enrico,

We haven't had any testing problems regarding PT HD 9, however we have not tested on OSX 10.6.5.  I'll give it a shot a bit later and see how it goes.

Dan

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Enrico,

I've tested them all with PT HD 9 on OSX 10.6.5 and everything seems to be working fine.  If you're still having problems please email support@eventide.com and we'll have to figure out what's specific about your system.

Thanks,

Dan

cmead626
      Participant

Hello, 10.6.5 hasn't been qualified for HD 9 yet, but I'm on HD3, 10.6.5, and have no trouble with anthology 2 or any of the other plugs I have.(McDSP, Soundtoys, SPL, Brainworx, TC,etc)  How did you get to 10.6.5? Mac automatic software updates, or did you get the 10.6.5 Combo Update from Apples site? In my experience the Automatic OS updates have no place in a solid music machine. Some people would consider this building castles in the sand. 

You can install the 10.6.5 Combo Update over what you have now and it won't delete any of your files

Here is a link to the 10.6.5 combo update: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1324

Did you get an update for PT9(about 2gb)? Or did you do a full install of HD9(about 7GB)? If you did the full install, PT HD 8 must be removed first.

Maybe you have done the combo update….If so you should consider trashing the databases and preferences for HD9. Uninstalling and reinstalling HD9 is a waste of time.

I hope this can help you get back in business.

Cameron

thehmza
      Participant

Exactly the same problem here!

PT9 HD

MacPro 2 x 2.8ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon

10gb Ram

OSX 10.6.5

cmead626
      Participant

Forgive me, but I have to ask why would you update to an unsupported OS for Pro Tools HD? Are you an HD tester or an HD user? When you bought your Mac which OS was it on? 10.5.X? 10.6.X? Read my earlier post in this thread and tell me if anything helps there. If I was in your situation I would trash the DAE Prefs in Pro Tools 9.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi thehmza,

I have the same suggestion as cmead.  Specifically:

1. Uninstall Anthology II

2. Trash DAE prefs

3. Start ProTools

4. Confirm there are no Eventide plug-ins in the plug-in list

5. Close ProTools

6. Downloaded and install the latest version of Anthology II from the website

7. Load Pro Tools, the Anthology plug-ins should load and work fine.

8. If they don't, email support@eventide.com and we'll dig into the specifics of your problem a bit deeper.

Dan

thehmza
      Participant

thanks a lot for the suggestion

anyways i tried it and it doesn't work

i'll keep trying things though

thanks a lot!

v

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.