Jerry Garcia type Mu-tron effect

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Jerry Garcia type Mu-tron effect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      chrisnificent
      Participant

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting a jerry garcia Mu-tron effect like he uses in the song “estimated Prophet”? I have an H9 max and have tried both the q-wah and modfilter algorithms set to envelope. even with the setting at 100% there is hardly a noticable evelope effect, it sounds more like a static eg change. If anyone could help steer me in the right direction or share settings I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

tremayne007

Id love to see suggestions for this as well!

h9controller
      Eventide Staff

Adjusting SENSITIVITY level for a nice sweet spot is key to using the Envelope Followers on Q-Wah and ModFilter.  Try lowering SENSITIVITY as 100 is usually too high.  I find for a stratocaster with single coil pickups, 50 to 65 works for this parameter.

It will of course depend on playing dynamics, type of guitar, etc. as it's based on output level. Experimentation is necessary.

HINT: try BassWAH for TYPE on the Q-Wah algorithm, works great for guitar at times.  

tremayne007
        h9controller wrote:

Adjusting SENSITIVITY level for a nice sweet spot is key to using the Envelope Followers on Q-Wah and ModFilter.  Try lowering SENSITIVITY as 100 is usually too high.  I find for a stratocaster with single coil pickups, 50 to 65 works for this parameter.

It will of course depend on playing dynamics, type of guitar, etc. as it’s based on output level. Experimentation is necessary.

HINT: try BassWAH for TYPE on the Q-Wah algorithm, works great for guitar at times.  

Thanks!

st.bede
      Participant

How has this worked out for you? Any insights?

smdouris

I agree with the 65ish on the sensitivity as well as the bass wah settings – seems to get me in the Mutron/311/Amber range pretty well with humbuckers. Also ensuring if you have a complicated setup that you are running this early in the chain (vs. fx loop).

dagjonas

I was hoping the H9 could do a better Jerry Garcia envelope filter when I bought it, but the Modfilter really can’t get that sound. As mentioned, the Q-wah does get in the ballpark, but does one really have to buy a Mini Qtron from EHX to get there? 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.